Starting out...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

How did you get your start doing welder work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Frank Zastre in Edmonton, Alberta

119 months ago

I started at the bottem and worked my way up.from helper to b pressure welder to foreman to super.I left the oilrigs to be a welder.I left a 22.00/hr job to be s helper at9.00/hr.And now make over 33.00/hr.As for education it helps in the blue print reading but in the end it all comes down to yourself and how far do you what to advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aman tekle in Edmonton, Alberta

117 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing welder work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

yes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Glenn Weech in Beamsville, Ontario

116 months ago

Thanks for the comments on starting out in welding I am a newley licenced welder with no work experiance trying to get a start in the trade.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jesse in Brownsville, Texas

115 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing welder work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

well it would help but i am just started as a welder got certified here at brownsville with a company named amfels and really interested in jujst mocving foward with a better paying area the would actually be the same but the pay rate would increase adding perdeem as well so it would be beter to get out of this town for a better job pay rate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CHARIE MONTOYA in Casper, Wyoming

111 months ago

WELL IT,S MOSTLY DEALING WITH A******S THAT SCEW UP MATERIAL AND KNOW EVERYTHING, BEEN DOING THE WORK IN FABING FOR AWHILE. BUT ARE NOT WILLING TO TAKE RESPOSABLITY OF THIER SCEWUPS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RONALD JAMES MCGRADY in Kingsport, Tennessee

92 months ago

I WORKED IN A CATAPILLER WELDING R.O.P.S AND I HAVE MY CERTIFCATION ANGUS PALM IN GREENVILLE TN.

Dylan in Edmonton, Alberta

91 months ago

Journeyman welder soon to be B pressure looking for work Edmonton.

johnrouse in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

johnrouse in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

thankyou

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.