Tulsa Welding School/ Helpful Information

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Christopher in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

74 months ago

Hey guys, I have asked questions on random forums but no responses yet. I am taking a year off from my other profession i wanted to get in to follow my true passion to become a welder. I am 19 now, and will be 20 when I enroll in tulsa welding school at the start of 2010 ( taking a year to relax from stuff ). My uncle has worked in welding for 20+ years at Valmont here in town. He graduated from tulsa welding school at the age of 20 and has been there ever sence. I am learning more every day I read, but I am wanting some seasoned answers from you guys who have been in the field for a good time. I of course want to get into this because I love working hard, I am a big guy and love heavy lifting, and I love to focus on specific work until its done, so welding just sound good to me. Plus of course I want to be able to take care of my fiance and our future family. I for one want to know if anyone has gone to tulsa welding school? Im going for the 14 month course for master certification, and to get my associates, so by my 22nd birthday Ill be done an ready to work! I am waiting to talk with my uncle about his field in Arc-base welding ( cause he has a pretty comfy life style money wise ), but I really think Id like to get into pipe fitter, cause the job requirements look like they were made for a guy my size with all the lifting and what not. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, and if you want to directly contact me with helpful info, email me at theclassicpooh@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cgipson in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

74 months ago

I work in the education business and know that Tulsa welding has a good reputation. Don't know much about welding however. Like most schools, it will be what you make of it. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Christopher in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

74 months ago

true to anything, that with whatever start your given to that if you mess up, its your fault. Im a very driven person, so I intend to make the omst of it, ill be a full time student, Im blessed to beable to focus my time to school, and am supported to do it.

tulsa weld student in Tulsa, Oklahoma

40 months ago

i have just started the master welder program in tulsa,it cost about close to 17k but so far from what ive seen,they teach a decent variety of weld types such as arc,tig,mig and a few others.My instructor is always sayint that ''what happens to you after you graduate is up to you,we give you the knowe how and help you find tht job you want but its just what you make of this. my cusion went to tws like 15 er so years ago,he travleld,went to alaska did some welding in the ocean and a bunch of other styles of welding. years later he went back to tws and became an instructor,but after seeing his paycheck as an instructor he put in his 2 weeks and went back to the field hahaha. well i hope this was helpful,it worked for my cusion and 2 friends tht i dont see anymore because they are traveling welders...its what you make of it,guys

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.