Tulsa Welding School

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Bobby 2 in Tishomingo, Oklahoma

66 months ago

graduated tulsa welding school in 1999 made 76,000 last year. have recently got my aws cwi inspection certification plan on making 150,000 this year. tulsa is one of the best pipeline schools in the country

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jschulte11 in Magazine, Arkansas

59 months ago

think u guys r a little confused, nearly all pipeline welding is downhill stick, u wont learn that at TWS, u will spend VERY little time on this process!!!! if u want to learn downhill, u need to join local 798 and work ur way up!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

travelinwelder in Wann, Oklahoma

59 months ago

If you want to learn to pipeline weld, you need to become a welders helper and then hook up with a good welder.

The 798 has way too many guys sitting on the OWL not making any money. So many of them are working other jobs behind the 798's back!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Concerned in Newcastle, Texas

56 months ago

My son is looking at going to Tulsa Welding School after high school. Is there anyone out there that can give me any suggestions on letting my son go six hours away to TWS. Will they teach him what he needs? Will they help take care of him? I am hearing some negitive stuff. Is it just a draw them in and push them to get their money?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Boilermaker in Wylie, Texas

55 months ago

Concerned in Newcastle, Texas said: My son is looking at going to Tulsa Welding School after high school. Is there anyone out there that can give me any suggestions on letting my son go six hours away to TWS. Will they teach him what he needs? Will they help take care of him? I am hearing some negitive stuff. Is it just a draw them in and push them to get their money?

I went to TWS in 2007 and completed the master welder course. I enjoyed the school and found it very helpful. But I do strongly believe that you only get out of it what you are willing to put in. Because its not only a school, its a business... and they have graduated some people that really cant weld. So if your son is willing to learn and listen to what the instructors have to say, and work hard at it... then yes i believe it would be a good school for him. I was 19 when I graduated TWS and my income for 2008 was $90,000.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mr_MadMaxx in Muskogee, Oklahoma

54 months ago

Tulsa Welding School...I plan on attending in the next couple of weeks, all I want to know is...is it really worth my time and money I spend on this? Were they very thorough with everything? And too all you experienced welders...I have asthma..it is controlled and usually does not bother me much at all. Would welding effect my asthma?

nick in Russellville, Arkansas

48 months ago

does tulsa have an under water welding school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

still looking? in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

38 months ago

d

dustin w. young in Pryor, Oklahoma

37 months ago

Concerned in Newcastle, Texas said: My son is looking at going to Tulsa Welding School after high school. Is there anyone out there that can give me any suggestions on letting my son go six hours away to TWS. Will they teach him what he needs? Will they help take care of him? I am hearing some negitive stuff. Is it just a draw them in and push them to get their money?

Hey buddy!
Find another school for your son please!
I've been in this business for 15yrs. and i live in the tulsa area
Not 1 TWS graduate that i have seen in the shop or field can weld worth a lick
I believe welding is an amazing career oppurtunity itll provide stability for him
currently going for my CWI certified welding inspector
i hope to see him down the road...and i hope youve taken my advice

branden berry in Snyder, Oklahoma

28 months ago

Jack in Jacksonville, Florida said: Right...best pipeline school...if you want to weld anything else..go somewhere else

ok bro why dont you go there and find out what its like there!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

branden berry in Snyder, Oklahoma

28 months ago

still looking? in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma said: d

why do you say d thats dumb1

Jerry in Atlanta, Georgia

25 months ago

Is there any school in Georgia that teaches downhill wealding?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.