I just graduated from tech school with 6G tig/stick cert. anyone know of a job in central florida where I don't need experience?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Jef Niblock in Lecanto, Florida

60 months ago

I am trying to find a job as a welder, every posting I look at seems to want 3-5 years of experience. does anyone know of a good way to get my foot in the door?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

soviette in Montreal, Quebec

60 months ago

Apply anyways. They claim they want workers with 3-5 years experience to ween out people who aren't ambitious and confident enough to do the job. It is ideal for them to have a worker with more experience because they may know more tricks to the trade but you know that every time you change jobs, that you will do the job their way and ull be told that whatever way you did before is wrong. The worse that can happen is you won't get a response. Also state your achievements during your course (like you finished top of the class for example). I moved to from Ontario to Montreal to take my welding and fitting course, and applied to a job that demanded 3-5 years of experience AND be fluent in french. I didn't have either and I landed the job! ...Just hard to communicate with people tho. Good luck and keep me posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

scottchajkowski@yahoo.com in Fort Myers, Florida

59 months ago

Jef Niblock in Lecanto, Florida said: I am trying to find a job as a welder, every posting I look at seems to want 3-5 years of experience. does anyone know of a good way to get my foot in the door?

LIE. That is how most fo us got to get the experance. I been welding for 40yrs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.