welding school

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

buckskin and diamonds in Saukville, Wisconsin

73 months ago

Hi I am just getting started in the welding field with schooling. I am just starting to take classes at the local tech school and looking to get a general welding diploma. It's a one year program. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what schools they went to or what are known to be the best schools to get into. Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dustin Yoder in Elmira, New York

73 months ago

I know it is pretty far from where you are but I feel Pennsylvania College of Technology is one of the best out there. I just finished out my 2 year degree there the school is owned by Penn State and is highly respected anywhere you go they offer 3 different programs, all with at least 2 years of classroom and hands on time. There is the 2 year certificate, a 2 years associate degree with a little bit more accademics and a 4 year welding engineer program. The teachers are all very knowledgable in the processes and inspection methods. Check out www.pct.edu for more info. Also Ferris State is in Michigan I don't know a lot about it but I have heard good things. Ohio State has a welding engineer program but it is not near as hands on I know 2 students who transfered to Penn College because they wanted more time in the shop than what Ohio State offered. But check out the AWS website they have a link to welding schools all over I think it is called takeupthetorch.com is run by the AWS. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.