What are typical welding engineer salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Snyder in Humble, Texas

96 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?
What skills should you learn to increase your salary?
Yes, some companies pay much more, subsea-oil and gas industry is one, automotive typically pays the least and works you like a dog, testing labs are a good, intresting change with decent per annual wage, however as with most other industries now, you can't find them with experiance so you have to train them all, hence less money, however supply and demand appears demand is winning!. Field Welding Engineers, i.e. on constructioin sites can usually demand more as subsea and oil and gas industries. Top earners with and employee are 85K easy to low six figure earners, where consultants may be high 100 to 200K per year. Typical fabricators like the 55-75K range.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jase in Saint John's, Newfoundland

65 months ago

Snyder in Humble, Texas said: Yes, some companies pay much more, subsea-oil and gas industry is one, automotive typically pays the least and works you like a dog, testing labs are a good, intresting change with decent per annual wage, however as with most other industries now, you can't find them with experiance so you have to train them all, hence less money, however supply and demand appears demand is winning!. Field Welding Engineers, i.e. on constructioin sites can usually demand more as subsea and oil and gas industries. Top earners with and employee are 85K easy to low six figure earners, where consultants may be high 100 to 200K per year. Typical fabricators like the 55-75K range.[/QUO
I am attending CONA now to get my welding eng tech , my instructor now retired made 550 k , my close friend makes 250k and his son is makin 325 k...all in alberta

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Lake Orion, Michigan

61 months ago

jase in Saint John's, Newfoundland said:

FYI the Alberta welding engineers are all tied to the tar sands projects. Those saleries are not typical. As the sands are booming there is a great demand in Ft Mac for any skilled people. But I would not base your lifetime salary expectations on what people are earning in Alberta / Ft mac right now. This is my opinion as I've grown up in Alberta and was there durring the boom and bust of the 80's. Just giving you a FYI. good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.