Wildlife research/ conservation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

spitaxe in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

71 months ago

I am going to recieve my Ph.D. in physiology this spring. My passion is wildlife conservation, not biomedicine, which I unfortunately realized after passing my qualifying exams and years of developing my graduate research project. I am willing to work as a wildlife technician etc. to get into the field and believe that my data management and collection skills along with my knowledge of mammalian physiology are transerable. Any suggestions on how I can convince someone that I am not over or under qualified for a low level position? Is there a good source to start with?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Plover, Wisconsin

70 months ago

little late to be figuring that out isn't it? I don't know how well you can jump around to different fields with a Phd, but the wildlife field is very difficult even with a wildlife degree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Yes, it is very difficult to transition with a PhD as well, but there are opportunities. It's better to focus on the hope rather than despair - Raymond Williams

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shyan in Elgin, Illinois

70 months ago

im doing a report on wildlife biology, and i need some info. i have a few questions for anyone who could answer them. i would like to set up an interview maybe-email- to find out the answers and finish my report. you sound like you know what you are talking about so please try to get back to me

-Shyan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

shyan in Elgin, Illinois

70 months ago

oh, at um... this website i'll check and see if you replyed if you did, we will make plans.

70 months ago

I'll see what I can do to help you.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.