Royalties for books of 150 pages or so.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Stephen Clover in Christchurch, New Zealand

84 months ago

Have been negotiating with a publisher in California known as Golden Bear and we are now at 10% but I think 20% is fair. What do others think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Solaris in Vancouver, Washington

81 months ago

I thought the industry average was 15%. Go to the National Writers Union and the Writers Guild of America websites.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tigi in Bowie, Maryland

79 months ago

Stephen Clover in Christchurch, New Zealand said: Have been negotiating with a publisher in California known as Golden Bear and we are now at 10% but I think 20% is fair. What do others think?

Hi There,
I am a twice published author who just received a contract for my third book and 20 percent is not the standard royalty.

Stephen Clover in Murchison, New Zealand

79 months ago

Tigi in Bowie, Maryland said: Hi There,
I am a twice published author who just received a contract for my third book and 20 percent is not the standard royalty.

Hi Tigi, Thankyou for your advice. Whats your book about?

Stephen Clover in Murchison, New Zealand

79 months ago

Solaris in Vancouver, Washington said: I thought the industry average was 15%. Go to the National Writers Union and the Writers Guild of America websites.

Hello Solaris,
Sorry I haven't got back sooner. do you have a web address for the union?
Stephen

Steve Mettee

38 months ago

I've published more than 100 books and royalties run from about 6% to 15%. Stephen King may get 20%, but I doubt it. Steve Mettee/TheWriteThought.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

s2001 in Longmont, Colorado

35 months ago

I'm looking into publishing my first book and know virtually nothing about the process. I've been in touch with an online publishing/editing/marketing company who's offering 50% royalty on the contract. Is this too good to be true? Should I be looking for red flags or just jump on the bandwagon?

shinewriter in Invercargill, New Zealand

35 months ago

In my experience if something is to good to be true it usually is. In spite of this don't give up. Keep digging and you will find what you are looking for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.