Best path to take for a rad tech?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Naester in Brownsburg, Indiana

45 months ago

Hello!! I spent the last 2 yrs working my butt off to be one of 16 people accepted into my school's radiography program, which I will begin in 2 weeks. I am well aware of the of the fact that finding a job may be difficult which is why I am looking for some advice. I am willling to put in as much effort as needed to make myself as marketable as possible but am unaware of what path would be best. Once finished should I jump right back in and put in the extra year for the B.S. or try to gain experience first? Would it be easier to just skip the B.S. and get certified in other modalities? My school also offers certification in CT over the summer semester after graduation and another school within a decent range offeres mammagramography certification with a week long class plus clinicals. If I opted to not take these classes I believe I can put in clinical hours to recieve these certifications but will hospitals allow me to complete these clinicals in their facility if I am not an employee or associated with a school? There is also a state school that offers online B.S. degrees in rad management or education...would either of these programs be worth the effort and have any effect on salary? If anyone has any positive advice I would love to hear it. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Radguy1 in Wilmington, North Carolina

16 months ago

Naester in Brownsburg, Indiana said: Hello!! I spent the last 2 yrs working my butt off to be one of 16 people accepted into my school's radiography program, which I will begin in 2 weeks. I am well aware of the of the fact that finding a job may be difficult which is why I am looking for some advice. I am willling to put in as much effort as needed to make myself as marketable as possible but am unaware of what path would be best. Once finished should I jump right back in and put in the extra year for the B.S. or try to gain experience first? Would it be easier to just skip the B.S. and get certified in other modalities? My school also offers certification in CT over the summer semester after graduation and another school within a decent range offeres mammagramography certification with a week long class plus clinicals. If I opted to not take these classes I believe I can put in clinical hours to recieve these certifications but will hospitals allow me to complete these clinicals in their facility if I am not an employee or associated with a school? There is also a state school that offers online B.S. degrees in rad management or education ...would either of these programs be worth the effort and have any effect on salary? If anyone has any positive advice I would love to hear it. Thank you!

Hey I think this site would answer some of your questions or maybe point you in the right direction www.radtechnologist.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.