FIND A NEW CAREER!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Charles Pi in Hollywood, Florida

31 months ago

ATTENTION PEOPLE WHO ARE THINKING OF STUDYING XRAY THERE ARE NO!!! JOBS FOR RAD TECHS ANY WHERE FIND A NEW PROFESSION I HAVE BEEN IN THE FIELD FOR MORE THAN 13YRS AND HAVE BEEN OUT OF WORK FOR MORE THAN A YEAR NOW DUE TO HIGH VOLUMES OF VOCATIONAL SCHOOLS RELEASING 100 STUDENTS A YEAR. FIND A NEW CAREER!!! YOU WILL NOT BE PAID MORE THAN 17 DOLLARS A HOUR SINCE YOU KNOW KNOW NOTHING ITS A EMPLOYERS MARKET RIGHT NOW.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tsmistretta@gmail.com in Saint Petersburg, Florida

29 months ago

Charles Pi in Hollywood, Florida said: ATTENTION PEOPLE WHO ARE THINKING OF STUDYING XRAY THERE ARE NO!!! JOBS FOR RAD TECHS ANY WHERE FIND A NEW PROFESSION I HAVE BEEN IN THE FIELD FOR MORE THAN 13YRS AND HAVE BEEN OUT OF WORK FOR MORE THAN A YEAR NOW DUE TO HIGH VOLUMES OF VOCATIONAL SCHOOLS RELEASING 100 STUDENTS A YEAR. FIND A NEW CAREER!!! YOU WILL NOT BE PAID MORE THAN 17 DOLLARS A HOUR SINCE YOU KNOW KNOW NOTHING ITS A EMPLOYERS MARKET RIGHT NOW.

AMEN Bro!!! Sorry that it has been so hard for you. I am in the same boat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

tsmistretta@gmail.com in Saint Petersburg, Florida

29 months ago

AMEN Bro!!! Sorry that it has been so hard for you. I am in the same boat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Its just upseting man because you work so hard for a career that In part from making money you spend years perfecting and then it comes to a hault because the people that are doing it now are doing it to make money and not because they love there job. It pisses me off!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gilberto in Miami, Florida

29 months ago

Depressing news but no one said that life had any garantees. Il be starting xray in august i honestly i couldnt be more happy. Im optimistic but at the same time realistic about what to expect after graduation. I know people who graduated that have all ready found jobs. The market is crapy i dont doubt it but things will improve. I think the key is becoming croosed trained.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gilberto in Miami, Florida

29 months ago

Depressing news but thats everywhere. If theres minial crapy minimum wage jobs like arm security guard for example wich requires no formal education then their is definetly jobs for xray out there. I think the key is becoming cross trained. Something im willing to do after i graduate. Dont loose faith and always remember that some of us got it worst.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

Gilberto the cross training thing is a concept that began a couple of years back as a option for X-ray techs who codent find work so in order to better market themselves they crossed trained to make them look like a better around tech for employers and the stradgedy worked for a bit. But right now the reality of the situation is its not who you are but who you know to get working. People who are doing this feild are not doing it for the love of the job but for the money which is the wrong reason to do it. On top of that all the jobs that are posted are positions that have already been filled but by Florida statue the employer must put the position up but it does not mean there's a spot open so what happens is that you get 300 unemployed techs applying for a PER DIEM position that's already non exsistent it's awful. I'm still young and have plenty of experience I'm sure I'll find somthing soon but it's not going to get better untill the ARRT does something about these vocational schools and puts a limit on Keiser Uniserity and on how many students they graduate a year which is in the hundreds.

29 months ago

Gilberto the cross training thing is a concept that began a couple of years back as a option for X-ray techs who codent find work so in order to better market themselves they crossed trained to make them look like a better around tech for employers and the stradgedy worked for a bit. But right now the reality of the situation is its not who you are but who you know to get working. People who are doing this feild are not doing it for the love of the job but for the money which is the wrong reason to do it. On top of that all the jobs that are posted are positions that have already been filled but by Florida statue the employer must put the position up but it does not mean there's a spot open so what happens is that you get 300 unemployed techs applying for a PER DIEM position that's already non exsistent it's awful. I'm still young and have plenty of experience I'm sure I'll find somthing soon but it's not going to get better untill the ARRT does something about these vocational schools and puts a limit on Keiser Uniserity and on how many students they graduate a year which is in the hundreds.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.