Give it to me straight up

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 155)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Nicole

26 months ago

Good luck! You'll do great! Once u get in the grove it'll fall into place. :) i would of loved to do pta but my sister is a p.t and owns her own business and i didnt want to fall into her foot steps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

caligirl in Richmond, California

26 months ago

thanks, and i feel the same way as well because things will fall into place, i just have to get used to it. i just tink that since these are no longer pre req's, i dont wanna do any half steppin, you know. and as far as pta goes, the pre req's were the same for both programs, but i got called for rad tech, so pta is on the back burner for now. and it's cool that your sis is a p.t., and to tell you the truth i dont think i would mind following in her footsteps, but at the same time i understand what you're saying. awwwwww, tomorrow is the first day! this is soo exciting!!! :-D trust, i will let you know how the first day went, lol

julia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

h20skierlvr in Roseville, California

25 months ago

Hello Caligirl, I too am trying to get into Kaiser Richmond programs. Can you give me any advice to better my odds. I have done well in pre-reqs. I have recently been doing an internship at a P.T. clinic and volunteer work at a large hospital. How long did it take you to get in? Would love any feedback from you.

Thanks, Mike

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

caligirl in Richmond, California

25 months ago

Nicole said: Good luck! You'll do great! Once u get in the grove it'll fall into place. :) i would of loved to do pta but my sister is a p.t and owns her own business and i didnt want to fall into her foot steps.

hey nicole! why was i reading the comments and saw that i would tell you how the first day went, lol. so it was laid back and just an intro of whats to come..............but now it is sooo crazy because we're taking 3 diferent classes and will start clinical soon. physics isnt too bad, but now that i have the formulas down, it is a little easier. next week we start positioning lab, cant wait hahahaa. other than that things are well and busy! hope you have been well!

julia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

caligirl in Richmond, California

25 months ago

h20skierlvr in Roseville, California said: Hello Caligirl, I too am trying to get into Kaiser Richmond programs. Can you give me any advice to better my odds. I have done well in pre-reqs. I have recently been doing an internship at a P.T. clinic and volunteer work at a large hospital. How long did it take you to get in? Would love any feedback from you.

Thanks, Mike

hey mike, so i am re writing this, because i responded from the email and it didnt go through. uggggh. so,im going to try and retrieve it and type it again. it took me three tries to get in because there was some suggested courses that i couldnt get into because everybody and their mama wanted to take the same thing, but i still took the chance and tunrned in my app anyway hoping for the best, but it finally happened. i am in my first month and it is ALOT, but do-able if you stay up on your studying. basically what YOU should know is

1. keep up the good grades
2. try to do shadowing at kaiser. and keep shadowwing until you turn in your application. the more hours the better.
3. do ALL of the required AND suggested
4. next years applicants will need to have an A.A. or higher. if you do not have any type of degree, get your A.A. in something simple like art
5. when you get called for your interview, show confidence, dont fidget, and have a good reason for wanting to be a tech, dont say ' oh because the money is good'............feel me?

if you have anymore q's, dont hesitate to ask.....i have had soo much help and good advice, that i dont mind paying it forward :-D good luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

caligirl in Richmond, California

25 months ago

Smart tech in Auburn, California said: I went to school down in S.California, community college . Kaiser P. has a school in your city , have you looked into that school?

hey smart tech, so i have some time to talk, lol. i hope you have been well. school is crazy busy. we have 3 classes including the physics, and its not so bad, now that ive learned the first set of formulas and know which problems to use them with, hahahaha. next week we start our positioning class, cant wait, and the we start clinical......cant waait for that either, but other than that things are well
ttly, julia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rad tech in Spokane, Washington

25 months ago

I am currently in the radiology technician program. After i am done with it i am planning to go two more school qtrs to go further in to either CT, MRI or ultrasound i am debating which one to go for. Which one has hogher salary???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Worker Bee in Brentwood, Tennessee

24 months ago

EEG has one of the few legitimate shortages in healthcare. AAS degree when you're done. IOM techs can make good money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amy38 in Fairfield, California

18 months ago

caligirl in Richmond, California said: hey mike, so i am re writing this, because i responded from the email and it didnt go through. uggggh. so,im going to try and retrieve it and type it again. it took me three tries to get in because there was some suggested courses that i couldnt get into because everybody and their mama wanted to take the same thing, but i still took the chance and tunrned in my app anyway hoping for the best, but it finally happened. i am in my first month and it is ALOT, but do-able if you stay up on your studying. basically what YOU should know is

1. keep up the good grades
2. try to do shadowing at kaiser. and keep shadowwing until you turn in your application. the more hours the better.
3. do ALL of the required AND suggested
4. next years applicants will need to have an A.A. or higher. if you do not have any type of degree, get your A.A. in something simple like art
5. when you get called for your interview, show confidence, dont fidget, and have a good reason for wanting to be a tech, dont say ' oh because the money is good'............feel me?

if you have anymore q's, dont hesitate to ask.....i have had soo much help and good advice, that i dont mind paying it forward :-D good luck!!!

Hi Caligirl,

I just applied to kaiser's rad program too. And like everyone else, im dying waiting to see if they're going to call me for an interview. My question is: how soon did they call you for your interview? And what questions did they ask, how long was it, etc? I also read that an essay had to be written. I've basically done everything you recommended on your list, but the first week of interviews have passed and I havent received a call and Im starting to get discouraged :( Any insight would really be greatly appreciated! Hope to hear from you soon!!

Sincerely,
Dying waiting!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

caligirl in San Pablo, California

18 months ago

Amy38 in Fairfield, California said: Hi Caligirl,

I just applied to kaiser's rad program too. And like everyone else, im dying waiting to see if they're going to call me for an interview. My question is: how soon did they call you for your interview? And what questions did they ask, how long was it, etc? I also read that an essay had to be written. I've basically done everything you recommended on your list, but the first week of interviews have passed and I havent received a call and Im starting to get discouraged :( Any insight would really be greatly appreciated! Hope to hear from you soon!!

Sincerely,
Dying waiting!

hi amy!

they have so many applicants that you will not be called the first week for interviews. i didnt get called in for an interview until the last week of interviews. it just goes by the interviewing period which could be 2 months. The questions are not to bad.......they just ask you to tell them about yourself, why you want to get into the field, if it was between you and someone else why should they pick you, they'll talk to you about your grades, ask you if youre willing to drive long distances for clinicals, etc. you'll be fine. the essay they want you to write is one page and it just asks why do you want to get in the field or what interests you in the field. hope this helps. good luck, amy! :-D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amy38 in Fairfield, California

18 months ago

caligirl in San Pablo, California said: hi amy!

they have so many applicants that you will not be called the first week for interviews. i didnt get called in for an interview until the last week of interviews. it just goes by the interviewing period which could be 2 months. The questions are not to bad.......they just ask you to tell them about yourself, why you want to get into the field, if it was between you and someone else why should they pick you, they'll talk to you about your grades, ask you if youre willing to drive long distances for clinicals, etc. you'll be fine. the essay they want you to write is one page and it just asks why do you want to get in the field or what interests you in the field. hope this helps. good luck, amy! :-D

Thank u so much for replying! I feel SO much more at ease now and can definitely relax now! Were u anxious waiting also? How many students did they accept your year, do you know? How long did you have to wait until they told you you were accepted? Sorry so many questions! I read your other posts and you sound really enthusiastic about the program! That's cool to hear b/c im really excited about doing this program also! :) thanks again!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

18 months ago

ugghhhhh, It's like beating your head against a wall.
Life is very unforgiving and sometimes we end learning the hard way.
A quote I've heard in the past really sums it up, I'm not sure who said it first:
“People tend to complicate their own lives, as if living weren't already complicated enough.”

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

caligirl in San Pablo, California

18 months ago

Amy38 in Fairfield, California said: Thank u so much for replying! I feel SO much more at ease now and can definitely relax now! Were u anxious waiting also? How many students did they accept your year, do you know? How long did you have to wait until they told you you were accepted? Sorry so many questions! I read your other posts and you sound really enthusiastic about the program! That's cool to hear b/c im really excited about doing this program also! :) thanks again!!!

hey amy! so yes, i was anxious and nervous, lol. i went through the night program and they accept 10 students. the day accepts 30. if you applied for the day, thats good. i want the day now, lol. i had to wait about a month before they told me i was accepted, so it is a waiting game, lol. and its ok about the questions. i dont mind answering them. so did you apply for the daytime program? if you have more questions, dont hesitate to ask, ok? ttly! :-D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

caligirl in San Pablo, California

18 months ago

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska said: ugghhhhh, It's like beating your head against a wall.
Life is very unforgiving and sometimes we end learning the hard way.
A quote I've heard in the past really sums it up, I'm not sure who said it first:
“People tend to complicate their own lives, as if living weren't already complicated enough.”

hey drones! that last sentence is definitely me, lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy38 in Fairfield, California

18 months ago

caligirl in San Pablo, California said: hey amy! so yes, i was anxious and nervous, lol. i went through the night program and they accept 10 students. the day accepts 30. if you applied for the day, thats good. i want the day now, lol. i had to wait about a month before they told me i was accepted, so it is a waiting game, lol. and its ok about the questions. i dont mind answering them. so did you apply for the daytime program? if you have more questions, dont hesitate to ask, ok? ttly! :-D

Great, thanks! I applied to the day program. How many times did you apply to the program? Do you work also?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

caligirl in San Pablo, California

18 months ago

Amy38 in Fairfield, California said: Great, thanks! I applied to the day program. How many times did you apply to the program? Do you work also?

hey amy,
i applied twice . they want you to have everything. i did not have a couple of the suggested courses at first. i dont work, but it is still really hard. im glad you got the day program. i want to see if i can switch to day as well, lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy38 in Fairfield, California

18 months ago

caligirl in San Pablo, California said: hey amy,
i applied twice . they want you to have everything. i did not have a couple of the suggested courses at first. i dont work, but it is still really hard. im glad you got the day program. i want to see if i can switch to day as well, lol.

When u applied the first time, did u get interviewed still? How soon did u receive a rejection letter? I don't work right now too. I want to fully focus on this in case I do get in, but the waiting and doing nothing part is excruciating! Lol it's hard just sitting here. But at least I'm 10x more relaxed now thanks to you! I think those are all my q's for now, but if I have any more I'll message back here! Thanks again, Caligirl! =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy38 in Fairfield, California

18 months ago

Sorry, forgot to ask: what don't you like about the night program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

caligirl in Richmond, California

18 months ago

Amy38 in Fairfield, California said: When u applied the first time, did u get interviewed still? How soon did u receive a rejection letter? I don't work right now too. I want to fully focus on this in case I do get in, but the waiting and doing nothing part is excruciating! Lol it's hard just sitting here. But at least I'm 10x more relaxed now thanks to you! I think those are all my q's for now, but if I have any more I'll message back here! Thanks again, Caligirl! =)

hey amy,

no, i just got the letter and i cant remember when that was. i'm just more of a daytime person, lol. and youre very welcome. and the waiting game is a pain, but you'll be fine. like i said, feel free to ask me any q's you might have :-D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy38 in Fairfield, California

17 months ago

caligirl in Richmond, California said: hey amy,

no, i just got the letter and i cant remember when that was. i'm just more of a daytime person, lol. and youre very welcome. and the waiting game is a pain, but you'll be fine. like i said, feel free to ask me any q's you might have :-D

How many people were in the panel of interviewers? Havent received a call yet lol but just curious

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

caligirl in Richmond, California

17 months ago

Amy38 in Fairfield, California said: How many people were in the panel of interviewers? Havent received a call yet lol but just curious

2

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy38 in Fairfield, California

17 months ago

caligirl in Richmond, California said: 2

Hi Caligirl,

For the essay, is that something you guys when you come in for the interview? Is it timed? What was your essay on? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

caligirl in San Pablo, California

17 months ago

Amy38 in Fairfield, California said: Hi Caligirl,

For the essay, is that something you guys when you come in for the interview? Is it timed? What was your essay on? Thanks!

hey amy!

1. yes
2. no
3. why do you want to get in the field / what interests you about the field. its only one page, so you'll do fine. start writing your rough draft now for your ideas :-D and youre very welcome

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amy38 in Fairfield, California

17 months ago

caligirl in San Pablo, California said: hey amy!

1. yes
2. no
3. why do you want to get in the field / what interests you about the field. its only one page, so you'll do fine. start writing your rough draft now for your ideas :-D and youre very welcome

Sorry, responding late. Haven't received a call or letter yet, but still hopeful & patiently waiting! When you got accepted, did you complete all of the suggested courses too and had health experience? If you were volunteering, how long had you volunteered for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lukensue@frontier.com in Norwalk, Ohio

16 months ago

barbara said: As a radiology manager, I tend to hire from the student pool that rotates through my department on their clinicals. This is the time and place to put in effort to learn, work and be assertive, not sit in a corner reading a book or texting. The current job market for radtechs is exactly what it was like when I graduated in 1980. I too, struggled the first year to get a job. You take what you can find, and give it all you have. Good luck and do not give up.

Barbara,
When I was a student in 80-81, I rotated through one of the xray departments where fellow students were training. I worked hard, just like I did at the hospital where I trained. My first job came from the manager at the hospital where I did the rotation. He remembered me and hired me once I completed training. I was so thankful I worked hard during that rotation, even though I wasn't even thinking about possible future employment. I just always worked hard as a student.
Sue
4.10.13

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lukensue@frontier.com in Norwalk, Ohio

16 months ago

caligirl in Richmond, California said: good luck with that. you know i was going for p.t.a., but then got the call for rad tech, so p.t.a. is on the back burner for now.

cali

Ouch...you should have waited for PTA....trust me...I've been a tech for 26 years....So many more jobs in therapy...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

caligirl in San Pablo, California

16 months ago

lukensue@frontier.com in Norwalk, Ohio said: Ouch...you should have waited for PTA....trust me...I've been a tech for 26 years....So many more jobs in therapy...

hi lukensue,

its funny you say that because now that i'm doing this, i feel as though physical therapy would be a better fit for me. i just feel as though i can't see myself doing this until its time for me to retire. do / did you feel the same way sometimes? any feed back would be appreciated. thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

caligirl in San Pablo, California

16 months ago

Amy38 in Fairfield, California said: Sorry, responding late. Haven't received a call or letter yet, but still hopeful & patiently waiting! When you got accepted, did you complete all of the suggested courses too and had health experience? If you were volunteering, how long had you volunteered for?

hey amy,

i completed everyhting. i had 15 years of health experience, and i did 3 months of shadowing. have you herd anything yet? keep me posted :-D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Norwalk, Ohio

16 months ago

Well, I just focused on the job at hand. Xray is hard work, if you can find it. It's physically hard, which makes it harder the older you get. You can always keep working in Xray.....and make the move to PT. Still many more jobs out there for therapy...and if you can get into an outpatient center, the therapy work will be easier. If you stay in Xray, try to get into outpatient work, where patients walk in and walk out.

Sue
4.13.13

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

caligirl in San Pablo, California

16 months ago

Sue in Norwalk, Ohio said: Well, I just focused on the job at hand. Xray is hard work, if you can find it. It's physically hard, which makes it harder the older you get. You can always keep working in Xray.....and make the move to PT. Still many more jobs out there for therapy...and if you can get into an outpatient center, the therapy work will be easier. If you stay in Xray, try to get into outpatient work, where patients walk in and walk out.

Sue
4.13.13

thanks sue,

i feel the same way as well. i see the older techs and some only work 2 days per week. i just wasnt sure if i want all that strain on my aging body, lol. im hitting my 40's, lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Meg in San Francisco, California

16 months ago

Hi Amy,

I also applied for this years Xray program at Kaiser Richmond. This is my 3rd (!!!) attempt but Im going in for my 1st interview in May. DO you have an interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy38 in Fairfield, California

16 months ago

Meg in San Francisco, California said: Hi Amy,

I also applied for this years Xray program at Kaiser Richmond. This is my 3rd (!!!) attempt but Im going in for my 1st interview in May. DO you have an interview?

Hi Meg :) no unfortunately i wasnt accepted :( this was my first time applying but i do plan to reapply. Did u hav health experience & did all the prereqs? Im trying to c wut i should do differently. Congrats & let me know how it goes!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy38 in Fairfield, California

16 months ago

Meg in San Francisco, California said: Hi Amy,

I also applied for this years Xray program at Kaiser Richmond. This is my 3rd (!!!) attempt but Im going in for my 1st interview in May. DO you have an interview?

Did u apply to the day or night program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

16 months ago

Reading through these recent exchanges is very puzzling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Meg in San Francisco, California

16 months ago

Amy38 in Fairfield, California said: Hi Meg :) no unfortunately i wasnt accepted :( this was my first time applying but i do plan to reapply. Did u hav health experience & did all the prereqs? Im trying to c wut i should do differently. Congrats & let me know how it goes!

hi amy,
Ive always just applied to the day program. The first time I applied I had all the prereqs/suggested classes completed. AND 5 years in retail as a pharmacy technician and 3 years of hospital experience. The second time I applied I had UCSF on my resume... still no interview! The 3rd time was the charm I guess.
I was well qualified from the get go, BUT they only let around 30 students in at a time... If you have all your classes, just keep trying to bump up your experience in healthcare and KEEP TRYING!! My interview is soon (and hopefully im in!!!), Ill post on how it went and questions asked.
Dont give up! Everyone on here seems to be kind of negative about xray.. most healthcare jobs are saturated... most jobs are saturated!!!! if youre good and passionate about xray, great with patients you will eventually land a good job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

16 months ago

I hate to tell you Meg but you are going to very disappointed that choose this career. It's not to late to back out now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Norwalk, Ohio

16 months ago

Meg in San Francisco, California said: hi amy,
Ive always just applied to the day program. The first time I applied I had all the prereqs/suggested classes completed. AND 5 years in retail as a pharmacy technician and 3 years of hospital experience. The second time I applied I had UCSF on my resume... still no interview! The 3rd time was the charm I guess.
I was well qualified from the get go, BUT they only let around 30 students in at a time... If you have all your classes, just keep trying to bump up your experience in healthcare and KEEP TRYING!! My interview is soon (and hopefully im in!!!), Ill post on how it went and questions asked.
Dont give up! Everyone on here seems to be kind of negative about xray.. most healthcare jobs are saturated... most jobs are saturated!!!! if youre good and passionate about xray, great with patients you will eventually land a good job.

WE don't mean to be negative....we are just telling the truth about the field of xray. There are more Therapy (of any kind)jobs out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy38 in Fairfield, California

16 months ago

Meg in San Francisco, California said: hi amy,
Ive always just applied to the day program. The first time I applied I had all the prereqs/suggested classes completed. AND 5 years in retail as a pharmacy technician and 3 years of hospital experience. The second time I applied I had UCSF on my resume... still no interview! The 3rd time was the charm I guess.
I was well qualified from the get go, BUT they only let around 30 students in at a time... If you have all your classes, just keep trying to bump up your experience in healthcare and KEEP TRYING!! My interview is soon (and hopefully im in!!!), Ill post on how it went and questions asked.
Dont give up! Everyone on here seems to be kind of negative about xray.. most healthcare jobs are saturated... most jobs are saturated!!!! if youre good and passionate about xray, great with patients you will eventually land a good job.

Thanks for the insight, Meg! It kind of stings that I didn't get it in the first time, but hearing yours and everyone elses story helps me to not give up. I'm going to take your advice and just keep adding experience to my resume. Do you have your bachelors? I only have my AA and am wondering if my chances would be better if I had that.

Also, I think the negative comments about x-ray on here come from people who live in certain places where it's not that much in demand. Here, it definitely is! Good luck with your interview, Meg!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

Amy38 in Fairfield, California said: Thanks for the insight, Meg! It kind of stings that I didn't get it in the first time, but hearing yours and everyone elses story helps me to not give up. I'm going to take your advice and just keep adding experience to my resume. Do you have your bachelors? I only have my AA and am wondering if my chances would be better if I had that.

Also, I think the negative comments about x-ray on here come from people who live in certain places where it's not that much in demand. Here, it definitely is! Good luck with your inteview, Meg!![/QUO
I graduated x ray school last year, found a job. Im not trying to be negative either but once you go through x ray school and have a hard time finding a job it sucks. Although i found a job, the problem is finding a job elsewhere. I want to move but stuck here where i have a job. Other hospitals wont even consider me but thats why i decided to go back to school, im leaving x ray. But i thought of x ray as a good stepping stone to other healthcare job fields. If i didnt do x ray i wouldnt have found a good direction in my career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

caligirl in San Pablo, California

16 months ago

Nicole in Los Angeles, California said:

hey nicole! what are you going back to school for, and did you just decide that you really wasnt feeling the tech career anymore?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

16 months ago

Amy38 in Fairfield, California said:
Also, I think the negative comments about x-ray on here come from people who live in certain places where it's not that much in demand. Here, it definitely is! Good luck with your interview, Meg!!

Amy I have no ax to grind. I haven't worked in x-ray in over 2yrs. I got out while the getting was good. I'm trying to help those out there from making a big career mistake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

caligirl in San Pablo, California said: hey nicole! what are you going back to school for, and did you just decide that you really wasnt feeling the tech career anymore?

Hey caligirl! The only problem i had with x ray was the relocations. I cant find another job elsewhere.I dont want to stay at one place my whole life, so Im going into physician assistant. I have one year of paid experience under me right now, so i need one more year of experience and one more biology class. I didnt even consider leaving radiology but now i see how the job market is and my boss stressed how the rural towns need physicians and physician assistants so she told me to think about it. It helps cause where i work they have scholarships. Plus PA schools told me they want people who are willing to work in rural areas, i hate citys.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

caligirl in San Pablo, California said: hey nicole! what are you going back to school for, and did you just decide that you really wasnt feeling the tech career anymore?

Lol my profile says i live in LA but i live on the navajo reservation. Haha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

caligirl in San Pablo, California

16 months ago

Nicole in Los Angeles, California said: Hey caligirl! The only problem i had with x ray was the relocations. I cant find another job elsewhere.I dont want to stay at one place my whole life, so Im going into physician assistant. I have one year of paid experience under me right now, so i need one more year of experience and one more biology class. I didnt even consider leaving radiology but now i see how the job market is and my boss stressed how the rural towns need physicians and physician assistants so she told me to think about it. It helps cause where i work they have scholarships. Plus PA schools told me they want people who are willing to work in rural areas, i hate citys.

hey nicole,

lol, thats funny. sometimes these computers do whatever they want. so good luck to you with that. you know im in school now, and i dont know, you know? i mean part of me likes it but another part of me is wondering if this is what i want to do when i get close to retirement age. im just torn. it almost feels as though im forcing myself to go sometimes, lol. but we'll see. anyhoo, thats cool that you have one year of experience. and that class and other year will go by so fast it wont even be funny. so one question, have you always wanted to be a PA before you went to school for x ray?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

caligirl in San Pablo, California said: hey nicole,

lol, thats funny. sometimes these computers do whatever they want. so good luck to you with that. you know im in school now, and i dont know, you know? i mean part of me likes it but another part of me is wondering if this is what i want to do when i get close to retirement age. im just torn. it almost feels as though im forcing myself to go sometimes, lol. but we'll see. anyhoo, thats cool that you have one year of experience. and that class and other year will go by so fast it wont even be funny. so one question, have you always wanted ito be a PA before you went to school for x ray?[/QUOTE.

When i decided on x ray it was really just a "well lets see what happens". I didnt know what i wanted to be.
I just went to x ray school to see what other options were out there. Realized i didn't want to do it forever and thats when i was presented with the PA option. But ya i went to x ray school in hopes that i could find a career path that i like. But PA i had no idea i would consider it. It seems like a good job where i know I can help out with patient care especially where theres a shortage in providers, like where i live. Wait time to see a provider is ridiculous so i see this as something i know where i will be needed.how is school for u?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas

16 months ago

What is the cost for Xray school ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

caligirl in San Pablo, California

16 months ago

Nicole in Los Angeles, California said: [/QUO

hey nicole,

its going ok. its just really hard, lol. i didnt know what i was getting myself into, hahaha. but it's........going

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

15 months ago

Beth in Plano in Plano, Texas said: What is the cost for Xray school ?

Your soul :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in New Milford, New Jersey

15 months ago

In 2010, I was working supposedly part time as an xray tech with 3 years experience. I made $54,000 at the end of the year. My salary was 28.56 per hour in an imaging center but I was still cheap money to the employers because I was doing mri, cat scan and bone density exams. I started at $28.00 as a per diem tech in 2008. People can make money in xray but it depends how much do you want it in expense of your free time really. Unfortunately, the market for everyone in the radiology field is bad. Honestly, if you are young and you have a per diem job as an xray tech, you will make good money considering your age and only if you get the hours like I did. I pretty much hustled and sacrifice my time due to my career. My best advice while you are doing xray is to go back to school and do something else. That doesn't mean to learn mri, cat scan, radiation therapy or nuclear medicine either. The fields are honestly too saturated. I would suggest to save the money you make from your xray job, and go back to school to become a PA, OT, or PT. I did whatever I have to do to get out of a dead end situation whether I was in the Great Depression era or not. Good luck to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Norwalk, Ohio

15 months ago

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska said: ugghhhhh, It's like beating your head against a wall.
Life is very unforgiving and sometimes we end learning the hard way.
A quote I've heard in the past really sums it up, I'm not sure who said it first:
“People tend to complicate their own lives, as if living weren't already complicated enough.”

Like having children.....I have None... :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.