Rad- Tech/ X-Ray Tech shooling: is it hard???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Marvin in North Hollywood, California

52 months ago

I am thinking of going into Rad-Tech to become an x-ray tech in So. California. For anyone that has gone through or is going through the program, let me know is this a hard program??? I was never too good at Science and am decent at Math. Am I in over my head if i dont like Science??? I dont want to get into anything that is completely based on Science. Am i freaking myself out or do i have legitimate concerns??? Also how hard are the anatomy ad physiology classes? i am thinking about enrolling in a 2 yr associates rad tech program (either at ELAC or LACC: community college here in L.A.) any help would be appreciated. I feel like I am a good student but shun the thought of taking numerous Science classes. However the job seems rewarding once the work starts. Any bits of advice and info is appreciated. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

xoxo in Norfolk, Virginia

52 months ago

There's tons of science; sounds like it's not a good fit for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marvin in North Hollywood, California

52 months ago

when you say 'tons of science' what does that mean exactly?? Meaning almost all classes will be science based???? How deep into college level science does it go into??? Also what kind of science specifically does one need to study. Overall how hard was the program for you???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

xoxo in Norfolk, Virginia

52 months ago

Well, yes for starters.... A deep knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and physics are the minimum requirement. Some math, more science - until suffer from epistaxis and cephalgias. Trust me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ex Mobile X-ray Tech in Charlottesville, Virginia

48 months ago

The hardest part is the Physics in second year!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.