Rad tech jobs and school

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Jay Ren in Atlanta, Georgia

62 months ago

I'm 39yo w/2 children. I'm changing careers and applied to a RAD Tech Associates Degree Program. I had to attend a meeting, shadow another tech and then interview with a board of 4 local area hospital hiring managers BEFORE I attend school.
The school is telling me there are no jobs out there, but when I grad, there SHOULD be.
I would like to know if they're just saying this to weed out people in their program so they have a better pass rate in their school or if this is the truth? Before I invest time and energy I'd like to know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

ssongbird447

62 months ago

Jay Ren in Atlanta, Georgia said: I'm 39yo w/2 children. I'm changing careers and applied to a RAD Tech Associates Degree Program. I had to attend a meeting, shadow another tech and then interview with a board of 4 local area hospital hiring managers BEFORE I attend school.
The school is telling me there are no jobs out there, but when I grad, there SHOULD be.
I would like to know if they're just saying this to weed out people in their program so they have a better pass rate in their school or if this is the truth? Before I invest time and energy I'd like to know.

yes it us true there are no jobs out there right now. I have 12 years experience and the market is flooded with general x-ray techs. It might be better in a few years depending on our economy. why don't u pursue RN it is a 2 year program at a community college you would be better off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in Buffalo, New York

62 months ago

The employment outlook for the field of radiologic technology is expected to grow faster than average through the year 2014, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, the number of candidates going into the field is also increasing. Also, more hospitals are merging their radiologic and nuclear medicine departments in an effort to cut costs.

Read more: careers.stateuniversity.com/pages/462/Radiologic-Technologist.html#ixzz0NVrMbFWy

~ finally a college that tells it like it is! but im still going into it. i can't imagine doing anything else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

New Opportunity in Riverdale, Georgia

60 months ago

Looking for an entry level Rad Tech located in the Atlanta, Georgia or surrounding areas who is not opposed to growing with a company. If you have any interest, please contact: natasha.hooper@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Alpena, Michigan

56 months ago

Rad tech graduate May 2009, board certified July 2009. I am agressively looking for a radiologic technician job for almost a year now. If anyone out there knows of any, please respond. I would like to get cross trained into other modalities, but I need to get into the job field first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lynn in Atlanta, Georgia

51 months ago

ssongbird447 said: yes it us true there are no jobs out there right now. I have 12 years experience and the market is flooded with general x-ray techs. It might be better in a few years depending on our economy. why don't u pursue RN it is a 2 year program at a community college you would be better off.

There may be tons of X-Ray Techs but not many certified MRI Techs. That may be something to look into for all you X-Ray Techs that are having a hard time finding a job. There is a new MRI school that just opened in Austell. Check it out if you are interested. It's called National Academy for MRI Technologists. www.namrit.org is the site.

taurus20red in Decatur, Georgia

51 months ago

Anybody that is thinking about going to this new MRI school in Austell,Ga,PLEASE find out FIRST if it is a school recognized by the ARRT and if it is JCERT accredited. If it is not, that means after paying your $12,000, you WILL NOT be able to find a job. This is because the ARRT is the only national organization that certifies MRI techs in the radiology field. MOST hospitals and clinics in the US will only hire MRI techs that are ARRT certified and have gone through two years of radiology technology school. They will not hire MRI techs who have taken a short cut and not completed two years of radiology school. So please be careful about this school. They probably wont tell you this during your interview.They are just trying to make money. Do your own research.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lynn in Atlanta, Georgia

51 months ago

Actually they are in the process of getting their accreditation now. School doesn't start until September 8, 2010. They will be accredited well before the class starts. Call the school and ask. They will tell you everything up front, and the are not just trying to make money.

Christain

51 months ago

taurus20red in Decatur, Georgia said: Anybody that is thinking about going to this new MRI school in Austell,Ga,PLEASE find out FIRST if it is a school recognized by the ARRT and if it is JCERT accredited. If it is not, that means after paying your $12,000, you WILL NOT be able to find a job. This is because the ARRT is the only national organization that certifies MRI techs in the radiology field. MOST hospitals and clinics in the US will only hire MRI techs that are ARRT certified and have gone through two years of radiology technology school. They will not hire MRI techs who have taken a short cut and not completed two years of radiology school. So please be careful about this school. They probably wont tell you this during your interview.They are just trying to make money. Do your own research.

you are Absolutely Right!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

supertx in Grand Prairie, Texas

50 months ago

Hi Kira:) I see you are posting as "tauras20red" now...and then responding to your own posts as "christian". I can spot you like a
cow pattie in a punch bowl:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kimra Moffett in Apo

50 months ago

New Opportunity in Riverdale, Georgia said: Looking for an entry level Rad Tech located in the Atlanta, Georgia or surrounding areas who is not opposed to growing with a company. If you have any interest, please contact: natasha.hooper@hotmail.com

My name is Kimra Moffett and I am interested in the job opportunity you have mentioned. I was wondering if I could more information on this job. My email address is kluv58@msn.com. Thanks in advance for any information you can give.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

40 months ago

Jessica in Buffalo, New York said: The employment outlook for the field of radiologic technology is expected to grow faster than average through the year 2014, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. However, the number of candidates going into the field is also increasing. Also, more hospitals are merging their radiologic and nuclear medicine departments in an effort to cut costs.

Read more: careers.stateuniversity.com/pages/462/Radiologic-Technologist.html#ixzz0NVrMbFWy

~ finally a college that tells it like it is! but im still going into it. i can't imagine doing anything else.

Those STATS are very stale. The BLS doesn't know what they are talking about. The field is completely saturated. There has been a n 80% increase in the number of 1st time examanees in the last 10yrs.

Human Resource Network in Scottsdale, Arizona

34 months ago

We are currently searching for a bilingual Orthopedic PTR in Phoenix, AZ. If anyone is interested or knows of someone please contact our office at scottsdale@hrninc.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.