Austin, TX techs...tell me how the dynamics are for an RT in that area..

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

annyli in San Jose, California

47 months ago

Hi thank you for looking at my post. I am curious as to the dynamics of an xray technologist in Austin, TX-I am planning to move there.

I am graduating with an AA degree on Radiologic technologist w full certifications (fluro and mammo) from ASRT.

1-Is there a saturation of techs in the austin area? How is the job market? (In bay area, it is fully saturated, too many schools and current graduates are having a hard time finding a job...3 or 4 out of 21 are finding jobs) =(

2-How much is an entry level tech earning? Is this considered to be high paying job or ok paying job?

3-Are most of the hospitals in Austin gone digital or still doing films? (In bay area CA, almost all have gone digital)

4-What other skills should I learn to make me more hirable? (spanish, fluoro, mammo..etc), what language skills are most needed there?

5-Do hospital cross train you for CT-Fluoro-MRI-IR, etc? Tell me your experience on carreer ladder. (Here in bay area, very few hospitals will cross train ALL of their techs and rotate them around CT, Mammo and Fluoro. Most hospitals, will cross train by seniority.)

thanks for posting

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

santgj in Ausin, Texas

45 months ago

Hello, just wondering if anyone responded to this ad and if you made the move to Austin? Want to do Xray Tech too and get cross trained and move up the ladder but don't know if its worth while. RN's seem to be still in demand

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.