Boom or bust?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 272)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Janis in Scottsdale, Arizona

74 months ago

Starting over in OC, California in Lake Forest, California said: I wasn't knocking the $18. I think that's decent pay just getting out of school in a new industry plus I don't mind OT.

I trust you on the whole Kaplan situation as well. What I do need is a contact (besides yourself) "out here" that can guide me to what schools that are decent to attend. Please remeber, the last time I looked for further education was back in 1993 and that was in a different state. I'm not afraid of the work, I just want to be on the right path! Please help.

Orange Coast in Anaheim is a very good school. I know two of the teachers there, if not a few more. Loma Linda also a good school? But I am not sure of the distance for you????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

XMRI in Portland, Oregon

74 months ago

Janis in Scottsdale, Arizona said: RT's cycle, much more predicatably then the economy. Everyone is having trouble getting jobs, in every field. I actually think that this is a GOOD time to go to school. Since we are about three years into the cycle, by the time someone graduates the cycle will be over, and probably get higher paying jobs then people have now that have been working for 10-20 years.

The schools only start pumping out more students when the demand is high, and back off when the demand isn't there. When the demand exceeds the supply, salaries go way up, jobs are more plentiful, because it will take at least three more years to get more techs out of the schools and into the field, and they still won't have enough training...

Good and resourceful techs will always find work....Maybe not in their own back yard, but there is still plenty of work out there. I get job lists every day for places looking and looking.

This is so not true, the economy is bad so everyone has been going to school to do x-ray, and the schools have not scaled back. In two to three years the x-ray market will be worse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

XMRI in Portland, Oregon said: This is so not true, the economy is bad so everyone has been going to school to do x-ray, and the schools have not scaled back. In two to three years the x-ray market will be worse.

I guess we need to agree to disagree here. Yes, the schools haven't cut back yet, but most of the graduates not being able to find jobs, will move on to something else. I've watched the cycle go round and round a LOT of times, even when there were not so many modalities....now the field is employing more and more, and there will still be more modalities on the horizon. Did you quite MRI?

You all have to realize that staying negative will only keep you in the negative. You visualize your worse fears. The successful people are positive people.

Nothing I say is carved in stone, and I am not paid to say any of this. It is only my opinion. But I am an optomist and always have been. I like to see my glass half full, rather than half empty.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

On the fence in Las Vegas, Nevada

74 months ago

I agree Janis. Positive creates positive. And anyone reading this board should be able to see that Janis hasnt been all rainbows and gravy in her replies. Rather I have seen a very ballanced mix of information. She has replied to those that have asked for her advise (me included) with personal experience. In all her replies She says "never give up, and yes you can, and also watch out for this and that".....balanced!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do agree....if the field is over run with to many grads and not enough jobs, then yes you will find it hard to get a job. Thats in any field....and now more than ever anywhere and everywhere. I mean you have Collage grads of all sorts working ay Mc D's or burger king. The market is tuff al over....so you really need to shine. For those of you in the cold states......go further north....Canada can always people in the use medical field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

qweenuvharts in Chinle, Arizona

74 months ago

Any ideas on technologist jobs in Canada or Australia. I am in a position to travel, now. I don't know about their licensure guidelines there and would love to know. Traveling as a technologist can be hard, but I've done it for about 4 yrs now and Love it. It's tough at first getting in with a good company or companies..but once you've 'proven yourself' IF, underline IF the jobs are out their where you want to go, you have the licensure for the states & other mountainous paperwork (so have patience..I know you want a job lol). Janice, you sound like a rock and thanks for enlightening others. You've had some good advice. These newbies ;) need to know it's no cakewalk, but if they are dedicated and determined & in it for the right reasons, they can go far. Happy & Safe Holidays, Everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Hi Queenuvharts:

I am not sure about Canada, but I looked into Australia about 15-17 years ago, when I use to go to the International meetings. I had quiet a few friends in Australia. Though, at the time, and I am not sure if it has changed or remained the same. To work in Australia, you have to commit to be becoming an Australian citizen and surrender your US pastport. That was on thing I knew I couldn't do.
I do have a friend that is a Radiologist over there now, with his own practice.
I can see if I can find out any current info?

Thanks for the compliment. Radiology is no cake walk, I totally agree with you, but it is also a different kind of thinking and education when compared with nursing. It is hard to get that across to newbies, or even people that are dissatisfyed with their current jobs.

One of my teaching jobs says "If you are not happy it is Monday and are going to work" you are in the wrong profession. Unfortunately there are a lot of those techs out there. They are stuck. Either because of family or time in on the job, where their salaries are very good. But loving your job, just makes it such a more pleasant experience and you geniunely enjoy helping other people find out what is going on with their bodies. I've been in the field so long, pre c-arms....and I am in awe of all the great changes and progress that has been made in the field, and one that will continue throughout the rest of our careers.

Enjoy the Holidays!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ace in Long Beach, California

74 months ago

you guys make it sound like its so hard to be a 2 year 2 and a half year tech. the market maybe in a lull now it will get better. can some one really decide to go to rn even a 2 yr program to get something else when alot of people go into rt because its easier to get through than rn. at long beach city, ca rt has way lease requirments and easier to get through, alot of people who cant get through the rn 2 yr go to rt.i have oftened wondered about going to rn seems more lucrative not so much grut work. rts are not looked at as proffessionals just support. i have a problem with the lack of respect for the field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Ace:

You are so right!!!! I would never give up my life as a Technologist to be a nurse. Longer requirements, and the work is not as rewarding! We may be labeled only as "support", but NO ER or TRAUMA hospital can stay open without our "support"! As far as I am concerned it is really TWO DIFFERENT jobs, or careers.

SUPPORT OUR PROFESSION!

ace in Long Beach, California

74 months ago

On a fence in El Cajon, California said: Ok I am off the fence so to speak. RN RN RN is the way to go. My brother (an RN) said son......get it done in one shot! If you can do a year and a half then you can do two and a half. POINT! So I am going to just go all the way, not look back, and jump high! 2 1/2 will go just as fast as 1 1/2 because no matter what we do in life......time goes by!

what did you choose?

x-rayted in Altamonte Springs, Florida

74 months ago

Just to let people know, the Orlando area is really bad at this point. But the thing I find interesting (and disturbing) is that the employers here love to hire newly registered rad techs into CT and MRI. I am registered in X-ray and CT. It really is sad that we have people who NEVER proven themselves in xray, in modalities where the possibility of death and injury are extremely high (contrast issues, metal medical devises). I tell students to skip x-ray and try to go to other modalities, because they have a better chance to succeed because they will be paid less. I also blame ARRT, ASRT for not keeping demand and salaries high and for allowing too many schools in areas with few hospital systems. This really degrades the profession.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

x-rayted in Altamonte Springs, Florida

74 months ago

Orlando, Fl is a weak market at this time. The employers do not respect experience when it comes to advancement into other modalities ($ is the bottom line). Too many schools producing inferior and lazy graduates. The worst part of it all, is ASRT AND ARRT allow for the decline in the profession. There's a definite bias against very experienced staff techs trying to move up. Best advice nursing or PA school. Better outlooks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Starting over in OC, California in Houston, Texas

74 months ago

I took Janis's advice and ditched Kaplan College. I'm signed up at a local college for a 2 year program where I'm not limited in any way within this field. The part the rubs is there is a 2 year wait, yet it's worth waiting for. I'm going to start my pre-req's this spring.

Gabriella in Jeffersonville, Indiana

74 months ago

Take a minute to call both the ARRT and the ASRT. Ask them, as a member of their organization, if there is anything THEY can do to limit the number of students until the job crisis is over? Better yet, INSIST upon it!

You never know...the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Get SQUEAKY!!!!

74 months ago

Gabriella in Jeffersonville, Indiana said: Take a minute to call both the ARRT and the ASRT. Ask them, as a member of their organization, if there is anything THEY can do to limit the number of students until the job crisis is over? Better yet, INSIST upon it!

You never know...the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Get SQUEAKY!!!!

AS a member GO TO MEETINGS and VOTE! Get your voice heard!
Oddly enough, the crisis' always level out. When there are no jobs, the "not so dedicated" techs find other jobs else where. And then the need becomes strong again. Go ahead and keep encouraging want to be techs to go into nursing....better for our field in the long run! They probably wouldn't have been good techs, anyway! Just my opinion!

74 months ago

Starting over in OC, California in Houston, Texas said: I took Janis's advice and ditched Kaplan College. I'm signed up at a local college for a 2 year program where I'm not limited in any way within this field. The part the rubs is there is a 2 year wait, yet it's worth waiting for. I'm going to start my pre-req's this spring.

You timing, or the "wait" will be worth your while....I hope I am around in four years to hear the outcome! Please let me know! And thanks for the compliment of "taking my advice". I have done the time....google me :-)

Please everyone ditch Kaplan.... they only want the government loan money...even if you are a good student, you will be pulled down by your classmates that are not as qualifed!!! Trust me I have been on the inside!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

x-rayted in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: Just to let people know, the Orlando area is really bad at this point. But the thing I find interesting (and disturbing) is that the employers here love to hire newly registered rad techs into CT and MRI. I am registered in X-ray and CT. It really is sad that we have people who NEVER proven themselves in xray, in modalities where the possibility of death and injury are extremely high (contrast issues, metal medical devises). I tell students to skip x-ray and try to go to other modalities, because they have a better chance to succeed because they will be paid less. I also blame ARRT, ASRT for not keeping demand and salaries high and for allowing too many schools in areas with few hospital systems. This really degrades the profession.

Florida never has been a good place for technologists! Too many swarming to be in the climate and that is what lowers the pay. I stay away from Florida like the plaque! They have been known to hirer people that have been rejected from around the US! Some good, some not so good!~

Dan in Peoria, Illinois

74 months ago

Some people are the exception to the rule. Are there millionaires in the advertising profession? Yes. Are there WAY more graduates into that field than jobs? Yes. Are you an optimist because you have always been lucky, or is the reverse true?

I suspect you are lucky, therefore, it is easy for you to be optimistic. Try losing your job and not being able to find a new one for years, without a separate income from a lover.

Then we'll see how optimistic you are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Dan in Peoria, Illinois said: Some people are the exception to the rule. Are there millionaires in the advertising profession? Yes. Are there WAY more graduates into that field than jobs? Yes. Are you an optimist because you have always been lucky, or is the reverse true?

I suspect you are lucky, therefore, it is easy for you to be optimistic. Try losing your job and not being able to find a new one for years, without a separate income from a lover.

Then we'll see how optimistic you are.

Dan, no doubt, I am a very lucky person. Diagnosed with ovarian cancer in my senior year of high school, I was given 6 months to live, and parents who could not afford the treatment. My lucky cancer diagnose got me into Yale's School of Radiogaphy. Which I got thru by babysitting and hid my surgeries because I didn't want to be different. When we graduated Yale had no jobs. I moved to NY and took a job with 'year one pickers'. If I needed to move, I moved, if I needed to work nights or on call, I did. I got laid off from two different jobs in one week. I've never had anyone with a second income to help me out. I moved to CA, too sick to work full time, I created the 'first' Radiology Temp service, so I could work when I felt well, and not if I didn't. Before I knew it I had 50 other techs that felt the same way, working with me! I have been lucky to have to pay for my own health insurance most of my life! I had a failing hospital force us into bankruptcy, but that luck put be back in school for my BBA degree. Luck is a perspective in life,Dan. Some people see the glass half full, some see it half empty. But, it is wrong to discourage people because of our bad luck or lack of attempt at luck. Maybe you are one of the people that never should have gone into this lucky and optomistic field.
But if that doesn't work, just call me "Lucky".

Starting over in OC, California in Lake Forest, California

74 months ago

Dan I understand where your coming from....been there, done that.

The question is:

Did she get "lucky" or "worked her butt off" to get where she is at?

I would think the second part.

I've been researching this field and talking to experts. If I'm going back to school, even waiting a year or two to start...I want to know if there will be work available. There is no guarantee in life, yet the answer I received is "yes". The exception is where you live and the need for that industry.

I have moved 1600 miles across the country in my present industry to find work...and now going back because my industry is drying up. Is it because of the overload of people within the industry? No, my industry (printing) is dying. It has dropped in size by 45% since the internet and international free trade.

I will take my chances going back. The worse case sinerio would be taking that degree into something else in the medical field. I'm 38 years old and have plenty of time (god willing) to wait and work to my goal.

The glass is half full.

74 months ago

"We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort."
-- Jesse Owens, Olympic Athlete

Succeeding in Radiology is just like doing hurdles at the olympics.
Sometimes you clear them, some time you don't. But, who and what are you if you don't keep on trying? I've always taken lemons and made lemonade. Horrible clinche that is, it is basic and simple. I remember writing in my Radiology year book (yes, we did that on our own, it was not provided by the school), "If there is no wind, row the boat".

Merry Christmas to all and GOOD LUCK in 2009!

Maria in Cathedral City, California

73 months ago

Janis in Scottsdale, Arizona said: You timing, or the "wait" will be worth your while....I hope I am around in four years to hear the outcome! Please let me know! And thanks for the compliment of "taking my advice". I have done the time....google me :-)

Please everyone ditch Kaplan.... they only want the government loan money...even if you are a good student, you will be pulled down by your classmates that are not as qualifed!!! Trust me I have been on the inside!

I could not have said it any better.
You are so right!!!!

Starting over in OC in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

Maria in Cathedral City, California said: I could not have said it any better.
You are so right!!!!

Working on my prerequesites next month @ OCC and Cypress.

Classes:

Health Occupations 101
Anatomy - Physiology
Survey of Medical Terminology
Multicultural Dance in the U.S. (why I have to take this one, I have no clue)

Starting over in OC in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

Starting over in OC in Houston, Texas said: Working on my prerequesites next month @ OCC and Cypress.

Classes:

Health Occupations 101
Anatomy - Physiology
Survey of Medical Terminology

****correction****

My user name is working correctly. I'm:

73 months ago

Patient entertainment :-)
Congrats!

Suzy in Sapulpa, Oklahoma

73 months ago

Jman in Raleigh, North Carolina said: From my experience the number of x-ray students is far exceeding the number of available jobs and this trend will continue for the foreseeable future.

As a recent graduate I have been unable to find a job in Wisconsin or North Carolina. I have been told that there are at least 20 applicants for each job opening and if any of those applicants has more job experience the chances of landing that job are slim to none. This will only continue to get worse in the near future as schools continue to pump out as many x-ray techs as they can in order to make as much money as possible. When you graduate they can care less whether or not you have a job, which in my opinion is unconscionable.

I would recommend looking at another field such as nursing which has a much more promising future outlook.

That depends on where you go....some of the schools around here only accept a certain number of x-ray tech students a year. The one I'll be applying for after I finish my gen. ed. accepts 30 to 25 students per course and each course is 3 semesters (summer, fall, and spring).

Gabriella in Jeffersonville, Indiana

73 months ago

Suzy in Sapulpa, Oklahoma said: That depends on where you go....some of the schools around here only accept a certain number of x-ray tech students a year. The one I'll be applying for after I finish my gen. ed. accepts 30 to 25 students per course and each course is 3 semesters (summer, fall, and spring).

The one I went to only accepted 5! And I'm unemployed. Don't know how many schools are in your area, but multiply the 25 students x the number of schools, then look to see if that many jobs are available in the next couple of months.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Janis in Avondale, Arizona

73 months ago

With this economy, the worst since the depression, I would recommend you go where the job is for the moment. If you need a job badly enough, they you up and go! Galveston just put out an ad! Check indeed.com. It shows you ads all over the US. This is not an economy where you are guaranteed a job in your back yard. Radiology is a very good profession, but sometimes in life, sacrifices have to be made. This might be the one that changes your who life to something better! Nursing and Radiology are two different professions, attracting two different kind of people. This is a time that we all have to do "whatever" it takes! There are challenges across the board!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Janis in Avondale, Arizona

73 months ago

"To succeed, it is necessary to accept the world as it is -- and rise above it."
-- Michael Korda, Publisher

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Patricia in Charlotte, North Carolina

73 months ago

Jman Raleigh North Carolina, I live in Charlotte,NC same here. Had an interview 2 weeks ago. Clinic Manager said she was overwhelmed with resumes. At least 100 to 150 resumes to go through.

Gabriella in Clarksville, Indiana

73 months ago

I have done other things during the hard times. I landed a job as an art manager for five years. Fun for a while but I truly missed my patients. We were very isolated in our little office. When I found another position in xray, I left. I've also done some PR work for a short while for a hotel. Even dressed up in an antebellum costume for them...my uniform! But I WANT to be a tech.

It's harder than hell to find another type job with my resume. I've been told time and time again, "When you find another xray position, you'll just leave us." They were right. I did! Time's not on my side, however. I can still do the work, but I'm pushing 60! I can't wait forever.

73 months ago

Ditto, all around :-).....I even wrote with glue and glitter one year on Santa hats and stockings!

Have you traveled?

Gabriella in Clarksville, Indiana

73 months ago

Traveled? Not cross country, but did work on a mobile CT that serviced an area in a 100 mile radius of my home. It's hard to travel when you're married and/or have kids at home.
Family comes first in my book.

73 months ago

Gabriella in Clarksville, Indiana said: Traveled? Not cross country, but did work on a mobile CT that serviced an area in a 100 mile radius of my home. It's hard to travel when you're married and/or have kids at home.
Family comes first in my book.

Agree about the family first......but then something has to come in second and or last......

73 months ago

Hate to bust your bubble, but the Tulsa Market is & was saturated with new xray techs. With like 4 or is it 5 school in the area (depending on how far one will drive)The market is STILL flooded with xray techs especially the new ones. Take the 25 in your program times the number of schools in the area... That makes 100-130 techs/ year pumped out into the Tulsa economy. I've had to move on & OUT of my home area& I've lived @ Tulsa most of my life:( I IS VERY frustrating!& then they promise you x $$$$ (no~
I miss home very much, but I've gotta eat, pay bills & such. I will repeat myself, I LOVE MY JOB/CAREER, but saturating the market provides a dog-eat-dog environment, so if you can find a good employer... Praise God! and stick with 'em. Best Wishes...as it IS WORTH the work & effort!

73 months ago

qweenuvharts in Chinle, Arizona said: Hate to bust your bubble, but the Tulsa Market is & was saturated with new xray techs. With like 4 or is it 5 school in the area (depending on how far one will drive)The market is STILL flooded with xray techs especially the new ones. Take the 25 in your program times the number of schools in the area... That makes 100-130 techs/ year pumped out into the Tulsa economy. I've had to move on & OUT of my home area& I've lived @ Tulsa most of my life:( I IS VERY frustrating!& then they promise you x $$$$ (no~
I miss home very much, but I've gotta eat, pay bills & such. I will repeat myself, I LOVE MY JOB/CAREER, but saturating the market provides a dog-eat-dog environment, so if you can find a good employer... Praise God! and stick with 'em. Best Wishes...as it IS WORTH the work & effort!

After checking you out on the map, you my dear are a credit to the profession.
You need to do whatever it takes.....God Bless you! Must be freezing up your way! Cold down here~!

73 months ago

Janis in Avondale, Arizona said: With this economy, the worst since the depression, I would recommend you go where the job is for the moment. If you need a job badly enough, they you up and go! Galveston just put out an ad! Check indeed.com. It shows you ads all over the US. This is not an economy where you are guaranteed a job in your back yard. Radiology is a very good profession, but sometimes in life, sacrifices have to be made. This might be the one that changes your who life to something better! Nursing and Radiology are two different professions, attracting two different kind of people. This is a time that we all have to do "whatever" it takes! There are challenges across the board!!!

Yes, it's been difficult moving and trying to relocate EVERYTHING, but that's part of growing... I would have Loved to have a job in my 'backyard'...almost did/ but Gotta do whatcha gotta do. Thanks for the encouragement. Agreed, these professions attract and Maintain 2 different types of people & the good ones stay & endure the hard times. Kudos, Janis

73 months ago

qweenuvharts in Chinle, Arizona said: Yes, it's been difficult moving and trying to relocate EVERYTHING, but that's part of growing... I would have Loved to have a job in my 'backyard'...almost did/ but Gotta do whatcha gotta do. Thanks for the encouragement. Agreed, these professions attract and Maintain 2 different types of people & the good ones stay & endure the hard times. Kudos, Janis

Avondale? I am in Scottsdale :-). I don't even know where Avondale is :-)
Kudos, to you too! Enduring the hard times brings many rainbows!!!

73 months ago

donotapply in Turlock, California said: What happens when supply out does demand, some schools close, take fewer students. The good schools are soley dependent on their Radiology Programs to keep the school going. The good ones have learned to ebb and flow with the tide.

Yep! I agree. It's about supply and demand in a market. Just seems that the supply of technologists outweighs the demand of the constant market. I left a job in my 'hometown' that was willing to hire a brand new grad and cut their wage by a few dollars, instead of keeping me on..I'd worked for them to get them out of their slump, but there's rare loyalty among employers anymore. Great career field, I just don't like the disrespect of some; basically anyone that strives hard for a career and is 'put down' by staff or prospective employers. I even had a prosp. employer tell me I had Plenty of Experience, exceptional resume, but ...they wanted someone with MORE experience in a certain area, but I might try down the road for a job. I did tell her, that if I'd have wanted to go there, I would have (politely..after all they'd called me in for an interview. weird huh) Hang in there folks. The one thing you can count on is change.

73 months ago

I am just digging into my first class "Survey of Medical Terminology". It's an online course....not sure if I should have taken a on campus course of it instead. It's seems overwhelming yet very interesting.

I can honestly say that this class is all "greek to me". :)

(the humor is that it is mostly greek and latin terminology...for all of you that have taken it would get giggle out of my comment) :)

Any tips or trick to memorize this stuff would be appreciated.

Sorry for being off topic.

73 months ago

"ab"duct away from the body
"ad" duct towards the body....

Follow the direction of the b.....away
Follow the direction of the d....towards (the loops of the letter)

Never Let Tillie Pants down
Mother Might Come Home (The eight bones in the wrist)....

There are others.....some newer ones some of the others might want to jump in!
You are right most of the words are taken from the latin and greek! Enjoy!

73 months ago

qweenuvharts in Chinle, Arizona said: Yep! I agree. It's about supply and demand in a market. Just seems that the supply of technologists outweighs the demand of the constant market. I left a job in my 'hometown' that was willing to hire a brand new grad and cut their wage by a few dollars, instead of keeping me on..I'd worked for them to get them out of their slump, but there's rare loyalty among employers anymore. Great career field, I just don't like the disrespect of some; basically anyone that strives hard for a career and is 'put down' by staff or prospective employers. I even had a prosp. employer tell me I had Plenty of Experience, exceptional resume, but ...they wanted someone with MORE experience in a certain area, but I might try down the road for a job. I did tell her, that if I'd have wanted to go there, I would have (politely..after all they'd called me in for an interview. weird huh) Hang in there folks. The one thing you can count on is change.

Boy, you are sure tripping thru the forum today....that's something I wrote when I was still in Turlock. One of the trends that is different today, that I think is effecting jobs more, is that a lot of our bosses are "business degreed" and not "radiology degreed"......and really don't have an honest clue of our dedications to patients.....and are only looking at their year end bonus for meeting budget demands......

rgood1970 in Albuquerque, New Mexico

72 months ago

Yeah, I agree but until the ASRT and the ARRT STEP IN IN AND LIMIT THE NUMBER OF SCHOOLS AND THE EXORBITANT AMOUNT OF STUDENTS THEY ARE PUMPING OUT WE WILL BE STUCK IN THE SAME VICOUS CYCLE THAT WE HAVE BEEN IN FOR DECADES. THAT IS PERIODS OF FLOODED JOB MARKETS FOLLOWED BY SEVERE SHORTAGES. AFTERALL ISN'T THAT WHY WE PAY OUR DUES TO THESE PROFESSIONAL AND CREDENTIALING ORGANIZATIONS???

N.Holmes in Savannah, Georgia

70 months ago

qweenuvharts in Gallup, New Mexico said: I AGREE! ...(that's why I try to find a woman gynecologist whenever I can)but for those times I can't I'll take the PROFESSIONAL EVERY TIME!

Well down here in Georgia, most of the women i have talked to say that they prefer a male gynecologist and it doesn't matter who does the mammo job. Only the old heads don't want a male doing it on them.

x-tech in Jacksonville, Florida

68 months ago

donotapply in Turlock, California said: Registered is at the national level ARRT. Certified is just at the state level, and each state can have their own license structure. Some choose none at all. Those are the toughest states to get jobs. The coasts are far better, and closer to bigger cities as to getting jobs and better pay!

Certification and Registration are both at a national level with the ARRT. A person is certified as they pass thier registry exam, the registration is an annual process. So to say you are a certified or registered technologist is basically the same thing - registered is preferred. Licensure is at the state level and varies from state to state.

68 months ago

x-tech in Jacksonville, Florida said: Certification and Registration are both at a national level with the ARRT. A person is certified as they pass thier registry exam, the registration is an annual process. So to say you are a certified or registered technologist is basically the same thing - registered is preferred. Licensure is at the state level and varies from state to state.

THANK YOU for the accurate explanation from JAX, FL! I'd love to move to JAX! It's my favorite place to date. Don't you have to have state licensure there? How long does the application process take and is it difficult?

Starting over in the OC in Lake Forest, California

68 months ago

Not to get off topic. How strict is the ARRT in relationship with criminal record? I mailed out the other day a pre-qualification to the ARRT prior to starting the program. I have a Class E felony back in 1997 which was "not complying with an officer". It was a suicide attempt. A dumb mistake, yet glad I didn't go thru with it. I also have a DUI in 2001. The letter I wrote showed all of my advancements since those two incidents with referrals and a letter of recommondation from my probation officer (1997 incident). The felony was 2 years probation.

nancy in Tulsa, Oklahoma

67 months ago

how long is the waiting list to become a rn?

nancy in Tulsa, Oklahoma

67 months ago

N.Holmes in Savannah, Georgia said: Well down here in Georgia, most of the women i have talked to say that they prefer a male gynecologist and it doesn't matter who does the mammo job. Only the old heads don't want a male doing it on them.

how long do you have to wait to get in to nursing school in Ga

FEMALE XRAY TECH in Dayton, Ohio

67 months ago

I have been in the x-ray-CT field for 25 years at a few different Hospitals. Has anyone out there ever noticed that men, even the freshly graduated men don't have to do any flouro work like BE's or UGI's? The hospital I am at now is really bad about it. There are a few of the female techs that are starting to speak out and bring it to the attention of the supervisors. I was just wondering is other hospitals in other states have the same problem.

cc in Stuart, Florida

67 months ago

Sick of Wall St, NY in Brooklyn, New York said: Hello,

Can someone advise me on this? I am 39, unemployed since the beginning oy May, have been working on Wall St all my life, and am TIRED of it. All the garbage that goes on with these financial companies is so horrible, i am tired of being laid-off every few years and watch these bozo CEO's make millions of $$$. I was told this weekend to look into X-ray technician jobs. I am collecting unemployment now. #1: Is this a good career switch? #2 Are there any schools nearby Manhattan or Woodbridge NJ for this? #3: How much does it cost to go to these schools for X-ray Technician jobs, and could i get financial aid to pay for it? #4: How long does it take to complete a course if i went full-time?

Thanks

hey i was interested in beginning my career in x ray technincian tooo in ny, did you find answers to your questions? i need the same questions answered

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.