Getting Started (X-ray Tech)

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Kevin Bright in Lake Forest, California

78 months ago

I just received my B.A. in Social Science but I was thinking about a career as an X-Ray Tech. How do I start? Are there any X-ary Tech schools in Orange County California other than Orange Coast College?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (69) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Chris Hassan in Carmel, New York

73 months ago

THE UNTOLD TRUTH! in Herndon, Virginia said: THE MARKET IS FLOODED WITH RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST AND SEXIST AGAINST MALES!
CHOOSE ANOTHER CAREER!
READ "ADVANCE FOR RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST" I think 2 months ago they had a article about the discrimination against men!
TOO MANY SCHOOLS/PROGRAMS! THEY ONLY WANT YOUR $$$$$

I recently graudated from a two year program in Westchester County NY. The market is flooded. If you are a white male it is going to be hard to find a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

summer5 in Brooklyn, New York

69 months ago

Kevin Bright in Lake Forest, California said: I just received my B.A. in Social Science but I was thinking about a career as an X-Ray Tech. How do I start? Are there any X-ary Tech schools in Orange County California other than Orange Coast College?

go to www.arrt.org for a list of accredited x-ray tech schools in every state.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Adrian in Pompton Lakes, New Jersey

68 months ago

Kevin Bright in Lake Forest, California said: I just received my B.A. in Social Science but I was thinking about a career as an X-Ray Tech. How do I start? Are there any X-ary Tech schools in Orange County California other than Orange Coast College?

X-ray jobs are very hard to come by now. Schools have and still are pumping out students who cannot find jobs in the field. I suggest looking into another career in health care that may give you a better chance of finding a job once you graduate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Tim in Lake Havasu City, Arizona

67 months ago

Coming from a small city with what I believe is no schools teaching X-Ray, can I get any of the training that would be useful online?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

timmy in Hawaiian Gardens, California

57 months ago

THE UNTOLD TRUTH! in Herndon, Virginia said: THE MARKET IS FLOODED WITH RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST AND SEXIST AGAINST MALES!
CHOOSE ANOTHER CAREER!
READ "ADVANCE FOR RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGIST" I think 2 months ago they had a article about the discrimination against men!
TOO MANY SCHOOLS/PROGRAMS! THEY ONLY WANT YOUR $$$$$

WHat schooling do you have? how long did you try to get into the field?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jwylde in Brooklyn, New York

49 months ago

I am interested in going to a Radiology Program and have been researching it and am finding many different things. I saw that there are hospital based programs that you do directly with them. When I called the hospital in San Diego they told me it wasn't directly thru them but there were two different schools that sent there students there. One is Mesa Community College and the other one is Pima Medical Institute. Pima is a private school that is about 30 grand for 2 years. So what is the difference in the certification of these two if they are both going to the same hospital for the training? As I read above from cp he says that a community college will let you sit for full licensure after graduation? Is this not possible when going to the other program? Reason being, I feel like I need to get out of school and doing my career the sooner the better, (as I feel in my own personal life I am a bit behind) and going to any community college part time is going to be 2+ years of core classes before even BEGINNING any radiology classes. So I figured that for the extra money it is worth getting a full degree in two years. ?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

matsmo in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

35 months ago

how is the job market now?? is it still full?? has it come full circle?? Any advice??

matsmo in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

35 months ago

how is the job market now?? is it still full?? has it come full circle?? Any advice??

Mark in San Antonio, Texas

34 months ago

matsmo in Baton Rouge, Louisiana said: how is the job market now?? is it still full?? has it come full circle?? Any advice??

still full, if not fuller...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

masterblaster in Avon, Colorado

34 months ago

yeah it is even worse now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.