Rad Program starts in Aug. 2011, SHOULD I GO!? I am on the wait lists for LVN and PTA(phys.therapy assistant) also.,,

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Tim in Chico, California

43 months ago

I have been researching and thinking of another route to use all those prereq.'s and stay in the health care field. I used to be really excited about a career in the imaging/radiography field, but after several years on the wait list and so many people saying the field is saturated-It has lost its appeal.
After careful consideration and research I am now excited about going on another direction. The field of PTA and/or OTA's is wide open and very few accredited colleges are pumping cert.'s out every year. I am leaning towards this, but also am thinking about nursing. I have always thought being a psych nurse would be very interesting and rewarding as well.
I'm I crazy for passing up x-ray(which starts in a couple months)in order to pursue these or am I doing the smart thing. Some days I am sure others not so sure...Anything will help, thanks. (Side note)The PTA program will be night classes and I should be able to keep my current job-which is huge!)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Ellen in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

21 months ago

I know this is an old post, but what did you end up doing?

th4713 in Conway, South Carolina

21 months ago

Hi, Im an RT, who also had dreams of Rad tech when I was in school, both fields are so saturated that now employers are working people PRN hours so that they do not have to pay benefits. Trust me, NURSING is your best bet! There is a shortage nationwide of 700,000 nurses. The possibilities for nursing is endless, I would be working on a cruise ship as a nurse instead of a hospital. Good Luck in your endeavors!

lukensue@frontier.com in Norwalk, Ohio

17 months ago

Tim in Chico, California said: I have been researching and thinking of another route to use all those prereq.'s and stay in the health care field. I used to be really excited about a career in the imaging/radiography field, but after several years on the wait list and so many people saying the field is saturated-It has lost its appeal.
After careful consideration and research I am now excited about going on another direction. The field of PTA and/or OTA's is wide open and very few accredited colleges are pumping cert.'s out every year. I am leaning towards this, but also am thinking about nursing. I have always thought being a psych nurse would be very interesting and rewarding as well.
I'm I crazy for passing up x-ray(which starts in a couple months)in order to pursue these or am I doing the smart thing. Some days I am sure others not so sure...Anything will help, thanks. (Side note)The PTA program will be night classes and I should be able to keep my current job-which is huge!)

You are doing the right thing. I have been a tech for 26 years...am presently unemployed....not the right field anymore..go for the therapy training...

Sue

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.