Radiography Jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

colleen in Miamisburg, Ohio

45 months ago

anna there are no jobs, i have over 12 years experience and have been out of work for 6 months. i have applied to over 50 jobs now, and i am willing to relocate, travel, etc. there is no shortage of techs, i know many who are out of work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

anna in Portland, Oregon

45 months ago

being negative doesn't help. It has nothing to do with radiography ive been ur out of work for 4 moth looking for an entry level job! ur not alone

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

stu in Jackson, Michigan

44 months ago

anna in Portland, Oregon said: Ive been hearing so much complaning about this. I dont know if I believe some of you who say there are no jobs in radiography. I went to BLS.com and they said it should grow faster than average. Ive also did some reaseach and they say there is a shortage of radiogaphy technologists. For those who took online classes with no hands on clincal experiance or just sighned up to a Rad tech program that is not accredited by jrcert then I can see why you can't find a job.As of right now I am wondering if there are any programs that are a radiography that are at a 4 year university? I am also wondering if there are any GOOD programs in new york , oregon and california?? If anyone currently attended or in the past in these citys then please respond. I would also like to know if any of you were employed as a radiographer in one of these states ?? Is there any tips you can offer to considering a career in radiography??

Anna, I made the mistake of wasting 3 years of my life, only to graduate and discover there is a glut of tech's on the market. In my school we had over 200 people apply for 19 spots and not once did any of our instructors tell us the dire condition of the rad. tech market. It wasn't until our very last semester at the Mulke review did we hear how horrifically difficult it would be to find work after graduation. I know tech's with over 10 years experience who can't find work....makes it very difficult for someone just coming out of school with only 2 years clinical experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Phlebe in Martinsville, Virginia

44 months ago

Anna, I am not sure where you are getting your information. Real world approach is actually look at the job listings for Radiologic Technologists. Newspaper, Indeed,com, Monster.com etc. The "forcasts" mean absolutely nothing. ARRT track program is 2 years and gives you an AAS degree and you sit for ARRT registry. Registry through approved AAS program gives you the RT(R)credentials. Limited Licence Techs I know nothing about. 200 Techs applying for one job is not at all unusual in VA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

RTRN in Dumont, New Jersey

44 months ago

anna in Portland, Oregon said: Ive been hearing so much complaning about this. I dont know if I believe some of you who say there are no jobs in radiography. I went to BLS.com and they said it should grow faster than average. Ive also did some reaseach and they say there is a shortage of radiogaphy technologists. For those who took online classes with no hands on clincal experiance or just sighned up to a Rad tech program that is not accredited by jrcert then I can see why you can't find a job.As of right now I am wondering if there are any programs that are a radiography that are at a 4 year university? I am also wondering if there are any GOOD programs in new york , oregon and california?? If anyone currently attended or in the past in these citys then please respond. I would also like to know if any of you were employed as a radiographer in one of these states ?? Is there any tips you can offer to considering a career in radiography??

one word: hahahahhahahah.........uh okay sorry so what's your question?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

B in Brockton, Massachusetts

44 months ago

This is laughable. I did my clinical rotation with 5 other students and graduated last year. They hired one of us, myself, as a per diem. One other got hired at a hospital which he had a white collar type job at while he was in school, again as a per diem. The rest, either didn't bother taking the ARRT exam or took it, found no work, and went back to their previous career which they kept going while in school. All this while I live in Boston, where the economy is touted as "better than average" nationally.

There really are no jobs, unless you know someone.

The problem that I see, at least in my state, are that hospitals are legally required to post jobs when hiring, but I'm finding that they probably already know how they're going to hire before they even post the job. They just have to post it by law. So it looks like there are some jobs, but under the surface there is nothing. You must know someone to even get an interview today, and even at that these HR people are super picky and act like they're God himself.

I've been working as a per diem since the end of last summer, applying to everything that I see, and have only had one single interview since then. It was for another per diem position, this one closer to home than the current 37 miles I drive. I was told in the interview that they were doing interviews for a week and a half, and probably doing 3 rounds of interviews to narrow down the candidates. All this for a lousy per diem position which they stated they'd probably utilize you 1-4 times per month! It sounds like you're trying to win the Stanley Cup with the amount of interviews you had to "win" to get that job.

I'm super thankful just to be a per diem right now, to keep my head in the game so I don't forget much of what I learned in college, but it's just flat out rediculous out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Drones in Omaha, Nebraska

43 months ago

The information you are getting from the BLS is completely outdated. If you want the truth you need to look at job postings and then ask how many people are applying for those jobs. Talk to techs in your area to get a true feel for what the field is like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ellen in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

23 months ago

Most health care organizations, by law, have to post a job for at least 3 days. Most of the time those jobs that are posted are already internally filled. That is why you see what you see online and the number of actual people having success is little to none. I just got laid off from my part time job and luckily was able to keep my pool job. I am grateful for the pool job, but that doesn't pay the bills. I took a job as an Imaging Assistant to keep my benefits. Luckily I was able to negotiate a decent pay similar to what I was making as a tech. Just saying, if you do decide to pursue this career, more than likely, it will not be something you can do to support yourself. It is more of a side job sad to say. Ten yrs ago, they were begging for techs...but now..the market is way too saturated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

taurus20red in Lilburn, Georgia

22 months ago

The ARRT is to blame for the Radiology field getting this saturated. I'm trying to get out of this field as fast as I can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EHA in Columbus, Georgia

19 months ago

I feel y'all on the no job situation. Here in Cols, GA the technical coll graduates about 15 techs per year, but there are only about 4 hospitals here. Also you have military techs that get out of the Army. not enough jobs.
jobs are posted but i only had one interview. i thought i had the job, nope. twenty years exp and can't find work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

srinivasa rao in Rajahmundry, India

18 months ago

lankaarunasri@gmail.com radiographer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.