WE ARE RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST NOT TECHNICIAN/TECH/ETC.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 158)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

close the schools in Herndon, Virginia

76 months ago

The schools just keep pumping out more and more and more students to a zero job opening job market!!!
The schools need to be closed down for about 5-10 years!!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

xraycsg@*****.*** in Charlotte, North Carolina

76 months ago

That is so true. I graduated last year and am still looking for work

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Drones in Omaha, Nebraska

76 months ago

Unfortunately the schools aren't showing any since of slowing down.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

bear09 in Newark, Delaware

76 months ago

Is it possible to get a job right out of school for PACS after completing IT degree? Many of these positions are asking for a lot of qualification which are impossible to get even if you have many years of experience. There is a post degree certificate program from Clarkson College for PACS that offers externship also. Will something like that help?

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

xraycsg@*****.*** in Charlotte, North Carolina

76 months ago

It sounds like a good place to start :)

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Drones in Omaha, Nebraska

76 months ago

Yes it is possible especially to get a job in PACS right out of school, especially if you already have your ARRT. Even if you don't have your ARRT you should still apply for any openings especially if you have a degree in IT. Don't worry about the qualifications. I've found out through a lot of trial and error that even if it doesn't appear you are qualified you should still apply.

Clarkson Colleg PACS certificate is a waste of time. You'll have to find an externship on your own which can be extremely difficult. Plus the classes don't really do much to help you with becoming a PACS Admin.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

aan idk in topeka, Kansas

76 months ago

I am getting ready to do the clarkson PACS certificate program. Why is it waste of time? I was told by the college that this would help me obtain job in pacs faster because it will prepare me to take the Certification exam to become ABII certified. I agree with bear09 how can anyone obtain position with just an IT degree. My IT program didn't even offer any internship.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

76 months ago

The ABII certificate is nice to have, but it really won't make much of a difference in getting a PACS position. I took the PACS certificate program there and I didn't really learn a lot. When I decided to go back and get my degree in Information Systems was when I realized how lacking the PACS certificate program was. As far as, "I agree with bear09 how can anyone obtain position with just an IT degree." I was able to get a job working in IT, not in the medical field, before I even finished up my undergrad degree.

Two of the classes for the PACS certificate program are externships. It will be up to you to find that internship. That means a hospital or imaging facilities PACS department will have to be willing to take you on.

If you have any additional questions I'd be more than willing to discuss it with you off line. My email addy is ronhusk15@hotmail.com.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

75 months ago

Casey in Baltimore, Maryland said: I disagree with these negative attitudes...I am in a very well known Radiography program in Baltimore, MD and even though jobs are hard to find...our graduates are getting jobs...maybe not full time jobs at first, but they are advancing quickly. I have one year left and I feel as long as I prove myself and have a good rapour with the 7 major hospitals and 6 offices we visit, then I will succeed. I got a job in the imigaing department at one of my clinical sites in order to gain experience. Good Luck!

This has nothing to do with negativity, but rather being realistic. You are so young, in the field of radiology, and very niave. You will learn. Unfortunately it will have to be a leason learned the hard way. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

apples in Austin, Texas

74 months ago

This is such a negative forum! Pacsis completely different from being a technologists. That is all about computeres and manipulating the images.
They need to stop flooding the market and close all Radiology schools for now. I'm tired of people on there 5th career wanting to be techs because it looks easy and it pay well.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

helpful in Port Charlotte, Florida

74 months ago

Hi, I am not in this field, but I was looking for med tech jobs and since your market is so tough right now, I thought this link might help some of you. These are rad tech jobs with the US Government. Hope this helps someone in need to find a job.
jobsearch.usajobs.gov/search.aspx?jbf571=7&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&sort=jt&vw=b&re=3&caller=basic.aspx&pg=17

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

hahaha in Brooklyn, New York

74 months ago

x-ray tech is trash..no jobs, least respect...go figure

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Oley, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

Okay, so I see that everyone is posting there are no jobs in the Radiography department. I recently decided to go back to school for another career choice, since Education is about as horrible as Radiography with the lack of jobs. I had been set on Radiography but am now thinking better of it. Does anyone know if Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ultrasound) is a better choice? I read they make better pay, of course, but how is the chances of finding a job? Has anyone been an RT and decided to go back to school to be an ultrasound tech? I would easily become an ultrasound tech if there was a school close to me, however I would have to be making a 2 hour commute... which is why I am hesitant. I will however, consider making the (terrible!) commute if it would be beneficial in the long run. If anyone has any helpful input, it would be appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

74 months ago

Amanda in Oley, Pennsylvania said: Okay, so I see that everyone is posting there are no jobs in the Radiography department. I recently decided to go back to school for another career choice, since Education is about as horrible as Radiography with the lack of jobs. I had been set on Radiography but am now thinking better of it. Does anyone know if Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ultrasound) is a better choice? I read they make better pay, of course, but how is the chances of finding a job? Has anyone been an RT and decided to go back to school to be an ultrasound tech? I would easily become an ultrasound tech if there was a school close to me, however I would have to be making a 2 hour commute... which is why I am hesitant. I will however, consider making the (terrible!) commute if it would be beneficial in the long run. If anyone has any helpful input, it would be appreciated!

Ultrasound(US) is one of the many branches of the field of Radiology. US used to be a solid field to get into but the job market is starting to get very cramped there as well. The overwhelming majority of people who work in the Radiology field started off as diagnostic techs. When the job market started to fill up in diagnostic radiology the diagnostic techs started making their way into these other branches. You see, diagnostic radiology is like the Missouri river. When the river floods so do the lakes and rivers that branch off from it.

I wouldn't waste my time with US. By the time you finish with school there will be very few, if any jobs available. Even now US techs are finding it difficult to land high paying / quality jobs.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

aan in Newark, Delaware

74 months ago

Okay, so which field exactly is good to get into right now. Everyone here is arguing that the whole radiology field is not good, nursing there are less jobs now and ultrasound is also saturated. Which field is exactly the best to get into to get a job in the future?

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

NUWRIGHT in El Cajon, California

74 months ago

Hmmmm! the advice to go west- Well i would think twice about that. The field is satuated. Any job you get is all about timing and nothing else. i've been passed over for a few positions myself recently. I am by far ing qualified and probably one of the only existing Technologist that;s licenced in every modality. Although ridiculous sensitivities of women, has interferred with males right sto practice in mammo and limited pratice in ultrasound. it's sad. If the shoe were on the other foot WOMEN WOULD BE HOLDING RALLIES, DEMANDING EQUALITY. It's a sad pathetic world. Bt, the field is good once you get rolling. i prefer Affiliate network Marketing, more money and most off all no boss!! :-) hmmm!

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

NUWRIGHT in El Cajon, California

74 months ago

BS, the radiology field yelds much respect. Any field the has Physician who depend on you is respected. And in most areas of medicine the doctor have major respect for us. Lack of respect is personal as well as unique to individuals who are not up to par in the eyes of the physicians depending on them. If you know your proffesion, you command respect. All techs aren't created equal!! hmmm

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

The Truth in Fairfax, Virginia

74 months ago

NUWRIGHT
You are so right about the discrimination against males in health care!
I also been discriminated against multiple times because of my sex. I do not understand how we let crazy women and even men destroy our ability to earn a living!
As you said if the shoe were on the other foot it would be all over the news and laws would be written and enforced to stop the discrimination.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

74 months ago

aan in Newark, Delaware said: Okay, so which field exactly is good to get into right now. Everyone here is arguing that the whole radiology field is not good, nursing there are less jobs now and ultrasound is also saturated. Which field is exactly the best to get into to get a job in the future?

There are still plenty of jobs in nursing. Occupational Therapy, Respritory Therapy, Microbiology, PA, and Physical Therapy all have better job prospects than anything in Radiology.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Amanda in Oley, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska said: There are still plenty of jobs in nursing. Occupational Therapy, Respritory Therapy, Microbiology, PA, and Physical Therapy all have better job prospects than anything in Radiology.

So the best bet for someone looking for either a career change or a first time career in general involving the medical field would be to go through nursing. I do suppose this makes sense since nurses are and always will be in high demand. Any input from nurses on which nursing branches to look in to(obviously besides the above listed)? Which fields are the least saturated and have the highest turnout rate for job opportunities?

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

74 months ago

Amanda in Oley, Pennsylvania said: So the best bet for someone looking for either a career change or a first time career in general involving the medical field would be to go through nursing. I do suppose this makes sense since nurses are and always will be in high demand. Any input from nurses on which nursing branches to look in to(obviously besides the above listed)? Which fields are the least saturated and have the highest turnout rate for job opportunities?

The above listed of "Occupational Therapy, Respritory Therapy, Microbiology, PA, and Physical Therapy" etc are not nursing careers.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

NUWRIGHT in El Cajon, California

74 months ago

NUWRIGHT in El Cajon, California said: BS, the radiology field yields much respect. Any field that has Physician who depend on them is respected. In most areas of medicine the doctors have major respect for us. Lack of respect is personal as well as unique to individuals who are not up to par in the eyes of the physicians depending on them. If you know your profession, you command respect. All techs aren't created equal!! hmmm

ALTHOUGH!! the entire field of medicine is saturated there are jobs out there. As I mentioned previously, it's always about timing. Someone is always quitting, getting fired, moving, advancing or simply shifting modalities. The staffing agencies are pretty much dried up from no longer being needed, the hospitals use internal resources and float pools now.

So my advice to those who don't want the hussle and bussle!!

Take a look at something totally different---AFFILIATE MARKETING----No Boss, yuor own hours, you can do it in your PJ's Cost absolutly not one dime or definetly less than 10 dollars(web hosting fee)to get started. And you can earn a Doctors salary without ever leaving the house. The world is your customer, the WWW is your means. Try it!! Heck it cost nothing to read about it!!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

NUWRIGHT in El Cajon, California

74 months ago

Oh and to those who will tell you that this is non-sence or make comments like "that's doesnt work" or the more popular one, "If it's so easy why isnt everyone doing it" or "It sounds to good to be true"

Well to those people -- You are what entreprenuers call dream stealer, and probably are the ones posting nothing but complaints.
To the real people----- You are the corner stone of our countries economics and probably don't listen to dream stealers anyway!

READ ABOUT AFFILIATE NETWORK MARKETING---as you see, THERE IS NO LINK HERE THAT PAYS ME TO SAY THIS. No profit for mentioning it! But I can guarantee you this--If you read about it, it will motivate you, if you understand it, it will compell you, If you do it, WELL IT WILL FINANCIALLY SET YOU FREE. Let's face it financial stability is what it's all about! Most people hate thier Jobs!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

NUWRIGHT in El Cajon, California

74 months ago

apples in Austin, Texas said: This is such a negative forum! Pacsis completely different from being a technologists. That is all about computeres and manipulating the images.
They need to stop flooding the market and close all Radiology schools for now. I'm tired of people on there 5th career wanting to be techs because it looks easy and it pay well.

NIIIIIIIICE!!!! Give this man a golden hammer, he has struck the nail on the head. You are so right, these days people don't love what they do as much as us old timers. They see a dollar sign and go for it.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

anishp403 in Wayne, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

IS medical dosimetry good field to get into.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

anishp403 in Wayne, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

Is medical dosimetry a good field to get into since all other imaging is saturated.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Drones in Omaha, Nebraska

74 months ago

anishp403 in Wayne, Pennsylvania said: Is medical dosimetry a good field to get into since all other imaging is saturated.

In a word...no.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

georgepol in New Castle, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

I am looking for retired military Radiological Technologist or similar that can demonstrate our C-Arm in the Tri-State area.

Contact me if interested. george.iss@comcast.net www.imagingsystemsspecialists.com

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

4er ert in chicago, Illinois

74 months ago

Medical Dosimetry is a solid career. If you want a job security and advancement than this the career for you. The pay is excellent around 80-100K and if you are a RT, it will only take 3 semesters to complete. There is a shortage of Dosmiterist right now because there are only handful of accredited program in the U.S.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

74 months ago

4er ert in chicago, Illinois said: Medical Dosimetry is a solid career. If you want a job security and advancement than this the career for you. The pay is excellent around 80-100K and if you are a RT, it will only take 3 semesters to complete. There is a shortage of Dosmiterist right now because there are only handful of accredited program in the U.S.

Thanks for the clarification. I stand corrected. I assumed that because radiation therapist are having a hard time finding jobs that so would medical dosimitrists.

FTR, medical dosimetrists spend very little time working directly with the patient. They spend most of their time in modeling the patients treatment and treatment planning. A lot of radiobiology and cross-sectional anatomy.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

aan88 in Newark, Delaware

74 months ago

Is physician assistant field also becoming saturated or will be in the future? PA programs are graduating students in the same number RT programs were graduating 5-10 years when it was booming and now we have this situation? I am considering PA School but I am worried that I will not have a job after graduation after investing over 50k in PA program?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

74 months ago

aan88 in Newark, Delaware said: Is physician assistant field also becoming saturated or will be in the future? PA programs are graduating students in the same number RT programs were graduating 5-10 years when it was booming and now we have this situation? I am considering PA School but I am worried that I will not have a job after graduation after investing over 50k in PA program?

It is extremely difficult to get into PA school.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

anishp403 in Wilmington, Delaware

73 months ago

RT is vey bad right now. Every school on the block has RT program and that is the main problem. I haven't found a job in 2 years and the future looks bad for us. I see many people on this forum are asking about becoming PACS Administrator. Is that a good route to take? PACS is part of radiology so many of us have used PACS. How is the job outlook and what is the typical salary for PACS?

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

73 months ago

anishp403 in Wilmington, Delaware said: RT is vey bad right now. Every school on the block has RT program and that is the main problem. I haven't found a job in 2 years and the future looks bad for us. I see many people on this forum are asking about becoming PACS Administrator. Is that a good route to take? PACS is part of radiology so many of us have used PACS. How is the job outlook and what is the typical salary for PACS?

Starting salary for a PACS Administrator is in the 45-50K range with a median salary of about 70K.

PACS is about 90% IT and 10% radiology. You are better off getting a degree in IT as a means of becoming a PACS Administrator. 10yrs ago it was a lot easier to get into PACS right from the radiology department, but that is not the case anymore. Also, PACS is a very niche career field. A PACS Department in a 500+ bed hospital is about 5-6 people. Smaller hospitals will only have 1 or 2 PACS personnel. With that said the outlook for PACS is great. The field will continue to grow as more hospitals and imaging facilities start to move from film jackets to CR and DR.

Lastly stay away from schools that offer false hope of becoming a PACS Administrator in a year, or programs that offer PACS certifications. You need to have a solid background in IT, and that can only be attained by taking classes in programming, networking, UNIX/Linux terminology and scripting, and system administration and security to name a few.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

jiggish in Newark, New Jersey

73 months ago

I would rather get Masters degree in Health Informatics then PACS. There is more jobs in Health informatics and the salary is much higher than PACS. Health Informatics will continue to grow and the job outlook is excellent.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Cappucino_k in Castle Rock, Colorado

73 months ago

Drones in Omaha, Nebraska said: No, they are not the same thing, not even close. Health Informatics has to do more with medical coding. Health Information Technology is a specializatioin for people who work in IT.

No check out the schools, HIT is a Health information Technician which is all about coding, as in medical coding not computer coding...Health information Management delves in a little to informatics, and then Health informatics. They are along the same lines, but differ in the depth of those lines. I have been researching this field for 5 years trying to decide if this is the way I wanted to go. A RHIT (registered health information tech) is a 2 yr program and a RHIA (registered health information administrator) is a 4yr that you can ONLY get by going to a program approved by AHIIMA. Health informatics, the only approved MASTERS program by AHIIMA is UIC in chicago....at least as of a month ago. THey differ in depth and breadth of knowledge but are along the same lines...Information

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

73 months ago

jiggish in Newark, New Jersey said: I would rather get Masters degree in Health Informatics then PACS. There is more jobs in Health informatics and the salary is much higher than PACS. Health Informatics will continue to grow and the job outlook is excellent.

Health Informatics is not IT. They think they are, but they aren't. If you were able to get a degree in Management of Information Systems / Computer Science you would be over qualified to work in Health Informatics.

Informatics is an overstuffed word that means liason between IT and medical staff personnel.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

jai in Mount Royal, New Jersey

73 months ago

I am a Nuclear Medicine Technologist who has been unemployed since graduating almost 2 years ago. I have taken advise from counselor to go ahead and get my certification in CT and MRI to be more marketable but I am not sure if I will land a job even after doing all of that. Since I have a Bachelors degree I was considering Masters in Health Informatics, Is that a good choice? Is Masters degree in Health Informatics a better route to take or should I stay with RT and get dual certified?

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

73 months ago

jai in Mount Royal, New Jersey said: I am a Nuclear Medicine Technologist who has been unemployed since graduating almost 2 years ago. I have taken advise from counselor to go ahead and get my certification in CT and MRI to be more marketable but I am not sure if I will land a job even after doing all of that. Since I have a Bachelors degree I was considering Masters in Health Informatics, Is that a good choice? Is Masters degree in Health Informatics a better route to take or should I stay with RT and get dual certified?

jai, as has been previously pointed, there is only one college in the US that has a Masters degree program for health informatics. I'm not sure what the prospects are like for PET/CT, which would be the only reason you would go for the dual modality, so you should probably look into very closely before deciding to waste a year of your life.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Cappucino_k in Parker, Colorado

73 months ago

It's UIC in Chicago at about 700+ a credit hour....good field but you need the clinical experience first...maybe even before you get in the program but certainly in order to get a job....

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

jai in Mount Royal, New Jersey

73 months ago

Mulimodality like CT & Mri with Nuc Med will make you more marketable instead of just Nuc Med.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

jiggish in Omaha, Nebraska

73 months ago

Which IT degree do you in order to work as a PACS administrator? I am really interested in PACS and have a B.S. degree in Health Management along with ARRT but can't land a PACS jobs.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

DRONES in Omaha, Nebraska

73 months ago

jiggish in Omaha, Nebraska said: Which IT degree do you in order to work as a PACS administrator? I am really interested in PACS and have a B.S. degree in Health Management along with ARRT but can't land a PACS jobs.

If you have a degree in Health Management then I would just skip the undergrad degree and go for a Masters degree in Management of Information Systems or Computer Scient. You will likely need some pre-reqs before you start taking your Masters classes, but in the long run it is the better move. One of the guys I work with with has his undergrad degree in Internation Business and he went straight for his Masters degree in Management of Information Systems.

To answer your origingal questions it would be best to get your degree in Management of Information Systems or Computer Science.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

icu.consulting in Fountain Valley, California

72 months ago

i'm sorry but NO WHERE in the CRR does it say a CRT can't bill for the corresponding codes that his license allows him to practice. In Florida, federal guidelines state that if billing correct cpt codes and modifiers, allows a CRT to bill those codes.

- Was this comment helpful?
Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Xrayed in Litchfield Park, Arizona

71 months ago

The market right now for jobs in any of the radiographic fields is severely limited due to both the cuts in medicare and other health insurance benefits, as well as the economy making it impossible for older technologists to be able to retire. So..if you think that you might want to go into a medical field, Radiology or Xray is not currently the best field to go into. Jobs are scarce and schools will not advise you of this prior to taking your time and money.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Xrayed in Litchfield Park, Arizona

71 months ago

The market right now for jobs in any of the radiographic fields is severely limited due to both the cuts in medicare and other health insurance benefits, as well as the economy making it impossible for older technologists to be able to retire. So..if you think that you might want to go into a medical field, Radiology or Xray is not currently the best field to go into. Jobs are scarce and schools will not advise you of this prior to taking your time and money.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

soldiermedicca in Los Angeles, California

69 months ago

Laid Off in Palm Springs, California said: Jobs for RT's are few these days.

Let me address the limited x-ray tech (in California). I've taught at two limited schools. Both the schools where the private "trade" types. What a waste of time and money for the students. It limits the choices so much...but the schools are there to make money. I taught the clinical portion and tried over and over to teach these people how to take an x-ray. There were a few good people, but generally, they just could not grasp the simple concept of step 1, step 2, step 3. These people were Medical Assistants first and added the limited tech school after MA school.

I ADVISE ALL POTENTIAL RADIOLOGY STUDENTS....GO TO RN SCHOOL..THERE ARE NO JOBS FOR THE RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST.

What an unfortunate experience you had as a clinical educator. I happen to be a Calif. LPXT and I am also the clinical coordinator for a very good x-ray school in California. We have graduated many x-ray students who have gone on to great things in radiography. For those who've attended our school that do not appear to have what it takes, we kindly encourage them to look into other fields. Maybe where you taught was only out to make money, but at our school we're actually interested in producing quality radiographers. If we were not, we'd be a lot bigger than we are. But then not all schools operate with integrity.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

idk anymore! in La Fargeville, New York

68 months ago

Hello,
So I'm a junior in high school and Iv'e wanted to be an x-ray, MRI, and ultrasound tech for the past two years. I have already taken college classes so when i go into college ill have the credits of a sophomore. but I've been basing my college classes i take in high school on my goal of being a RT. all the RTs I've talked to here from 4 different hospitals saying that the field was open for many jobs. I've read people telling others to become an RN. I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS! I want to go to college and get my BA in radiology. now after reading this I'm really confused as to what i should do. Please help me.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Drones in Omaha, Nebraska

68 months ago

idk anymore! in La Fargeville, New York said: Hello,
So I'm a junior in high school and Iv'e wanted to be an x-ray, MRI, and ultrasound tech for the past two years. I have already taken college classes so when i go into college ill have the credits of a sophomore. but I've been basing my college classes i take in high school on my goal of being a RT. all the RTs I've talked to here from 4 different hospitals saying that the field was open for many jobs. I've read people telling others to become an RN. I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS! I want to go to college and get my BA in radiology. now after reading this I'm really confused as to what i should do. Please help me.

If anyone is telling you the field is wide open then they are lying to you...period.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Drones in Omaha, Nebraska

68 months ago

If anyone is telling that the field is wide open then they are lying to you...period.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.