WE ARE RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST NOT TECHNICIAN/TECH/ETC.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 159 of 159)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

idk anymore! in La Fargeville, New York

35 months ago

Hello,
So I'm a junior in high school and Iv'e wanted to be an x-ray, MRI, and ultrasound tech for the past two years. I have already taken college classes so when i go into college ill have the credits of a sophomore. but I've been basing my college classes i take in high school on my goal of being a RT. all the RTs I've talked to here from 4 different hospitals saying that the field was open for many jobs. I've read people telling others to become an RN. I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS! I want to go to college and get my BA in radiology. now after reading this I'm really confused as to what i should do. Please help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Drones in Omaha, Nebraska

35 months ago

idk anymore! in La Fargeville, New York said: Hello,
So I'm a junior in high school and Iv'e wanted to be an x-ray, MRI, and ultrasound tech for the past two years. I have already taken college classes so when i go into college ill have the credits of a sophomore. but I've been basing my college classes i take in high school on my goal of being a RT. all the RTs I've talked to here from 4 different hospitals saying that the field was open for many jobs. I've read people telling others to become an RN. I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS! I want to go to college and get my BA in radiology. now after reading this I'm really confused as to what i should do. Please help me.

If anyone is telling you the field is wide open then they are lying to you...period.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Drones in Omaha, Nebraska

35 months ago

If anyone is telling that the field is wide open then they are lying to you...period.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

radgrl in New Jersey

33 months ago

Recently relocated to NJ. What is the typical hourly for an x-ray tech with over 13years experience. I'm not sure what I should be asking? Diagnostic only in a private facility

UOTE who="cmd in Passaic, New Jersey"]Connie,

I AM WRITING IN BOLD LETTERS BECAUSE THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE BUT AN RT CAN TAKE IT'S THE LAW! X-RAYS. MEDICAL ASSISTANTS ARE NOT TRAINED HAVE NOT BEEN TRAINED IN RADIATION SAFETY. HANG IN THERE,AND BE CAREFUL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Linda Rachmel, RN in Rough And Ready, California

32 months ago

soldiermedicca in Los Angeles, California said: What an unfortunate experience you had as a clinical educator. I happen to be a Calif. LPXT and I am also the clinical coordinator for a very good x-ray school in California. We have graduated many x-ray students who have gone on to great things in radiography. For those who've attended our school that do not appear to have what it takes, we kindly encourage them to look into other fields. Maybe where you taught was only out to make money, but at our school we're actually interested in producing quality radiographers. If we were not, we'd be a lot bigger than we are. But then not all schools operate with integrity.

We are an Urgent care clinic ans we do not take the kinds of xrays needed in hospitals. We usually to chests and extremities. We are always searching for good LRT's. The problem we face is that most schools are in S. CA. so it is hard to find good LRT's In N CA. If you know any students who would love to move to Grass Valley, CA, pass the info along. Our LRT's must also be MA trained. This is the model for urgent cares, as we do not take xrays all day long.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

soldiermedicca in Los Angeles, California

32 months ago

Linda Rachmel, RN in Rough And Ready, California said: We are an Urgent care clinic ans we do not take the kinds of xrays needed in hospitals. We usually to chests and extremities. We are always searching for good LRT's. The problem we face is that most schools are in S. CA. so it is hard to find good LRT's In N CA. If you know any students who would love to move to Grass Valley, CA, pass the info along. Our LRT's must also be MA trained. This is the model for urgent cares, as we do not take xrays all day long.

I would be happy to pass that information along to our students and graduates. I relocated for my first job in radiography so I will not assume that new techs wouldnt be open to it also. My email is soldiermedicca@gmail.com if you want to send me any more of the specifics or who they should contact.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

trace8507 in Oakland, California

20 months ago

cmd in Passaic, New Jersey said: Connie,

I AM WRITING IN BOLD LETTERS BECAUSE THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE BUT AN RT CAN TAKE IT'S THE LAW ! X-RAYS. MEDICAL ASSISTANTS ARE NOT TRAINED HAVE NOT BEEN TRAINED IN RADIATION SAFETY. HANG IN THERE,AND BE CAREFUL

Not quite true. You should realize that each state has its own laws concerning xray and in GA and FL a BMO (Basic Machine Operator) is often held by a Medical Assistant, making it possible for them to take x rays. This may even have changed in GA by now, since it has been 23 years since I worked there.

Mom23kitties in Salt Lake City, Utah

19 months ago

cmd in Passaic, New Jersey said: Connie,

I AM WRITING IN BOLD LETTERS BECAUSE THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. ABSOLUTELY NO ONE BUT AN RT CAN TAKE IT'S THE LAW ! X-RAYS. MEDICAL ASSISTANTS ARE NOT TRAINED HAVE NOT BEEN TRAINED IN RADIATION SAFETY. HANG IN THERE,AND BE CAREFUL

That might be the case in your state, but not all states. I am a MA with an LRPT and can take x-rays according to those that I have a license for, such as Chest, Extremities I can not take Cervical or Spine because I did not take the test for those areas. The school I went to for my MA certificate included the Radiology course but then you had to take the state exam to become a LRPT (Licensed Radiology Practical Tech...Not to be confused with Rad Tech). Medical Assistants that went to Salt Lake Community College DO take Radiology, other MA courses in other colleges don't. So it all about the program the MA takes.

Just clarifying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lukensue@frontier.com in Medina, Ohio

18 months ago

OUT OF WORK in Cairo, Georgia said: YEAH MY LOCAL SCHOOL KEEPS PUMPING OUT THE RADIOLOGY TECHS NOT BOTHERING TO TELL THEM THERE ARE NO JOBS WITHIN A 300 MILE RADIUS! I HAVE A FAMILY AN A SMALL CHILD SO I CANT JUST PICK UP MY LIFE AN GO FOLLOWING A JOB ACROSS COUNTRY! I HAVE TOTALLY WASTED MY YEARS OF PRE- REQ. CLASSES AN 2 YEARS OF SLAVING IN CLINICALS! PLUS I GOTTA PAY FOR CE CREDITS WHEN I CANT EVEN GET A JOB! IM SOOOO PISSSED!

I feel your pain. You need to decide if continuing to pay for CE credits will be worth it sometime down the road. For me, I haven't worked in Xray for 6 years but continue to pay for the CE credits. It would be hard to let go of all that schooling and hard work I endured for my ARRT and xray license. Something could open in the future with Obamacare on the horizon.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.