X-Ray Training in the Dallas Area

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 119)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

SB in Dallas, Texas

85 months ago

I'm researching X-Ray training in the Dallas, TX area. Are there any good schools in this area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (408) / No (44) Reply - Report abuse

CHERILYN in Garland, Texas

85 months ago

pmxray.com try that site it's called performance masters

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

There is NO job market for Radiologic Te in Herndon, Virginia

84 months ago

Too many greedy programs/schools = destroyed job market!
Tell all of your friends do not waste $ and time on Radiography Technology/Radiology Technologist school!!!!
READ THE OTHER POST ON HERE AND OTHER BOARDS. NO JOBS!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (61) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Shay in Dallas, Texas

83 months ago

Will it be easy to fnd a job after finishing an non-crediting course for x-ray tech.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (113) / No (32) Reply - Report abuse

What an idiot in Flower Mound, Texas

77 months ago

david in Dallas, Texas said: I'm looking for a x-ray school in dallas.

look at the website, they HAVE classes in DALLAS. do some work for yourself

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

david in Dallas, Texas

77 months ago

What an idiot in Flower Mound, Texas said: look at the website, they HAVE classes in DALLAS. do some work for yourself

THANKS CHERILYN, IN GARLAND

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

LOOK FOR A JOB FIRST in Fairfax, Virginia

77 months ago

See if you can find even one job opening before you spend $$$$ on a school!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Radiographer in Beaverton, Oregon

76 months ago

There are no x-ray jobs especially for new grads and I mean no x-ray jobs at all. If you have experience then maybe but no x-ray jobs for new grads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Charles Stiles in Dallas, Texas

75 months ago

There is an awsome Xray training program in dallas the name of the school is Performance Masters you can look them up on the web at www.pmxray.com they have classes starting in April

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

dd in Wylie, Texas

75 months ago

I have almost 3 years of experience and looking for a backup job in case I lose my job. for the past month I applied everywhere you can imagine and nationwide there is NO JOB for me!
noone called me back. Last year I got 3 job offer in one month! and I turned them all down!!!
I am an ARRT,MRT, completed in 2+1 full time college in El centro.
Good luck with your new career as a rad tech.
go for pharmacy. they make over 140000 dollars much like doctors...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Untold truth in Carlisle, Pennsylvania

75 months ago

Pharmicist and physical therapist require dr degree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

psands in Euless, Texas

73 months ago

What an idiot in Flower Mound, Texas said: look at the website, they HAVE classes in DALLAS. do some work for yourself

Dang! Why are you so mean? They're just asking a simple question.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

miserable in Waterloo, Ontario

72 months ago

No jobs...I'm miserable cause I spent so much time and money... Now no jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Xray Tim in Portland, Oregon

72 months ago

Yeah definitely no X-ray jobs in Portland Oregon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

royse city in Conroe, Texas

70 months ago

what about dallas, tx?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nukem Rob in Portland,Oregon. in Portland, Oregon

69 months ago

I've been a tech for 14 years and been looking for 5 months.Just per-diem work here and there.Had half a dozen interviews that didn't hire me so someone is getting work.Their out there folks,dont give up hope.Its only a matter of time.(Especialy you newbies!)

Kelby Johnson in Brownwood, Texas

69 months ago

Yeah to get those jobs though you need to be a Rad Tech. NCT's and others arent really wanted or neeeded.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AK in Keller, Texas

68 months ago

CHERILYN in Garland, Texas said: pmxray.com try that site it's called performance masters

I just finished Performance Masters ~ its a rip off ! you get your NCT only and you are trained by a Video tape most of the class. The guy that owns it is gross and his equipment is from the 40'S and unsafe. As an NCT there are no jobs out there. Don't let him full you.
He told one girl that she would make $18.00 an hour as an NCT ... ( what a joke )

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AK in Keller, Texas

68 months ago

Recruiter Kristi in Dallas, Texas said: I am looking for an NCT with at least 1 year of experience to work in a clinic in Mabank, TX (1 hour south east of Dallas). This is a full time direct hire opportunity. Please contact me at kbishop@medsynergies.com if you or anyone you know would be interested.

How far is Maybank from Ft worth ? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

AK in Keller, Texas

68 months ago

AK in Keller, Texas said: I just finished Performance Masters ~ its a rip off ! you get your NCT only and you are trained by a Video tape most of the class. The guy that owns it is gross and his equipment is from the 40'S and unsafe. As an NCT there are no jobs out there. Don't let him fool you.
He told one girl that she would make $18.00 an hour as an NCT ... ( what a joke )

Please do your homework before signing up for a class like this :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

kk in Arlington, Texas

67 months ago

AK in Keller, Texas said: Please do your homework before signing up for a class like this :)

AK, have you had any luck finding a job at this time? I was thinking about signing up for Performance Masters, now, I am having second thoughts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AK in Keller, Texas

67 months ago

no and there is no listing anywhere for NCT jobs anywhere in the DFW area. Now I have seen two posted for Concentra but you have to be a certified medical assistant as well.

I really feel like I wasted my money

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kk in Arlington, Texas

67 months ago

AK in Keller, Texas said: no and there is no listing anywhere for NCT jobs anywhere in the DFW area. Now I have seen two posted for Concentra but you have to be a certified medical assistant as well.

I really feel like I wasted my money

Thank You, I will not be signing up for this program. Good Luck! If you happen to find a job using this certification, can you post it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kk in Arlington, Texas

67 months ago

TS in Arlington, Texas said: AK was a goof off. I should know I was in her class. Found a job 3 weeks ago.

TS, how did you like the class and can you tell me how the class is conducted? For example, do you learn hands on to use the equipment and how to position a patient? Your insight would be very helpful? Also, on your employment, is the pay worth the money spent for this class? Thank you in advance:)

AK in Keller, Texas

67 months ago

I don't know why you said you were in my class ~ I don't know who you are and I surely was
not a goof off. I have been in the medical field for several years and took this class because i wanted a change of career . Something more hands on. ( I work in the medical insurance industry doing bill review on high dollar hospital claims , I'm no dummy or goof ! )
The instructor that we had was very nice, and I think if you are already a medical assistant or an LVN then its a great class for that. However, if you have no clinical medical back ground . then I would say no, not a good class and no there are no jobs out
there. I would not suggest it ~ I would suggest starting your two year degree at a school like Baylor . There is more opportunity and you make more money.
So you got a job three weeks ago.. Are you an MA ? and If not what are they paying you $8.00
an hour ? I am shocked that you would get on here and say something like that.
I do not recommend Performance Masters ~ go check out the Dallas office and look around before you pay the 1100.00 for the class.The class is taught via VHS tape and yes you do positioning. each eligible body part one time ~ no more then that ~

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TS in Arlington, Texas

67 months ago

AK in Keller, Texas said: I don't know why you said you were in my class ~ I don't know who you are and I surely was
not a goof off. I have been in the medical field for several years and took this class because i wanted a change of career . Something more hands on. ( I work in the medical insurance industry doing bill review on high dollar hospital claims , I'm no dummy or goof ! )
The instructor that we had was very nice, and I think if you are already a medical assistant or an LVN then its a great class for that. However, if you have no clinical medical back ground . then I would say no, not a good class and no there are no jobs out
there. I would not suggest it ~ I would suggest starting your two year degree at a school like Baylor . There is more opportunity and you make more money.
So you got a job three weeks ago.. Are you an MA ? and If not what are they paying you $8.00
an hour ? I am shocked that you would get on here and say something like that.
I do not recommend Performance Masters ~ go check out the Dallas office and look around before you pay the 1100.00 for the class.The class is taught via VHS tape and yes you do positioning. each eligible body part one time ~ no more then that ~

My pay is 17.50. I have no clinical background. Sometimes its all about attitude.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

fh in Canton, Texas

66 months ago

Oh -- I forgot to mention that I will be also having the 6 hour NCT Continuing Education classes required by the State. My next one is December 12, 2009. You can find more info on the website: axrti.com or just email me: fondautoo@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

waxray in Rowlett, Texas

66 months ago

Well we all know NCT's Were a dime a dozen but right now we are not even that. The problem is "X-Ray training in a little as a few weeks". The State program in place now needs some type of credibility because it has little as far as the Medical Field is concerned. When I went thru the program years ago it was accepted but not respected. Now they want NCT's to acquire 6 hrs of CE's when most cant even get a job. NON CERTIFIED TECH or NCT this needs to change to a different classification.

With that being said I would like to say this. I'm an unemployed NCT and it is not because I'm not a good tech. I made $18.50 an hr + benefits before I was promoted to management and then let go because of so called cost cutting. ONCE A TECH STAY A TECH.

I happen to know Fonda. When she says she is working on change and with other programs. I know it's true. If she says she is there to help she means it. This program will go forward with Fonda and Fonda WILL be the difference.

If I can afford the CE's on 12/12/09 I will make sure it's with Fonda.

FYI. It's not easy but there are jobs out there. You just have to work hard at selling yourself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fonda in Canton, Texas

66 months ago

That is correct. Just wanted to start doing things the way they should be done for the student.

Do I know you?

Fonda in Canton, Texas

66 months ago

Hey, WA in Rowlett -- Thanks for the good words. I would like to talk to you about your ideas in making a difference with this program. And any body else that has any ideas or comments. Thanks again, WA - call me.

RedRad in Dallas, Texas

65 months ago

I can tell you that in the DFW area, there are very, very few openings for rad techs and from searching the internet, it appears that way nationwide. I have over 10 years experience in a large hospital setting but was downsized and have been looking since October. Do yourself a favor if you are considering the medical field and look at something other than x-ray.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

waxray in Rowlett, Texas

65 months ago

Fonda,

Call WA in Rowlett when you get the chance. Or just tell me did you get my e-mail?.

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

waxray in Rowlett, Texas

65 months ago

Dear RedRad,

You must be a bitter NCT. I also have over 10 yrs experience as a tech and was let go due to being downsized. What I would say to you is expand your knowledge to make youself more marketable. Of course this takes $$$. If you are an RT and any good at what you do(and I'm sure you are) there are jobs out there for you. I wish you the best of luck RedRad and your hospital exp. will pay off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fh in Canton, Texas

65 months ago

Hey WA in Rowlett,

I did not get your email, and I tried to call you and I don't have your correct phone number. If you get the chance === call me.

Fonda

fh in Canton, Texas

65 months ago

Ak in Keller, Texas said: Fonda, You are no longer with Performance Masters is that correct ?

Hey, AK in Keller -- I would like to know if I have met you and if I could be of any help to you now or in the future? Just let me know. Believe it or not -- I know know hard it is out there and I really respect each and every one of you!
fondautoo@yahoo.com

Sibi Varghese in Richmond, Texas

65 months ago

What is best school for 1 year X-Ray certification course in Houston,TX? I Sanford Brown is there but, I'm not sure if they are accredited.

Sibi Varghese in Richmond, Texas

65 months ago

I planning to start a career in X-Ray so, need help. I live in Houston, Tx so, please anybody know the best place to get certified by doing short term(1 year) course to be X-Ray Tech.

Jphoenix in Mckinney, Texas

65 months ago

I have been researching the possibilities of entering the medical field (with no experience) due to recently being unemployed and have been advised by a tech at an imaging clinic to look into radiology technology or nursing but i'm looking for courses that will be shorter than a degree program. Anyone have suggestions? I'm in mckinney tx.

the truth in Fairfax, Virginia

65 months ago

Can you people asking what school to go to not read the previous postings?
DO NOT GO TO RADIOGRAPHY SCHOOL, DO NOT GO TO X-RAY SCHOOL, DO NOT GO TO RADIOGRAPHY TECHNOLOGIST SCHOOL!
Go into nursing or some other profession where you will be able to find a job and make money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in New Haven, Connecticut

65 months ago

So. In a down economy when every industry is suffering, when it doesn't matter whether you're a new graduate or have years of experience ... everyone is out of work ..

You don't want to put in the time to get an education and become a professional, you want a short course to make some money? I hate to tell you, but this may not be the best time for it.

Hospitals have hiring freezes, some have lay-offs. The $$ (especially if you're not going to become a nationally certified RT) is not there - if that's your reason for going in to imaging, you're barking up the wrong tree.

And then there's the time I walked out of an orthopedic surgeons office because he wanted his "limited" tech to do my radiographs. I asked her where her lead apron was, and she said, "Oh, we don't need to use lead aprons here".

That's why some states (not enough!) insist on professionals.

Heather

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Fonda in Natchitoches, Louisiana

65 months ago

I am in Louisiana right now. The best advise I can give you is to research where you want to go. My approach to the NCT program, I offer, is to apply more medical office training. Most individuals entering into this field of limited X-Ray have no previous medical back ground. To be an asset to the facility that my graduates enter I feel that they should be able to fill more than one pair of shoes. You can go to axrti.com and get more info. or call me anytime. Good Luck, and if I can help just let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

darrickb in Coppell, Texas

65 months ago

I went to Performance Masters. I have some medical background ( radiology transporter) . Stacy my instructor was great. As a lot of people have stated it is tough right now with jobs for NCT and ARRT Techs. Its hard even if you have an insurance background also. Now that the economy is down it will be tough. I try to stay positive. Fonda I would love to talk to you. Please let med know the best way

fh in Canton, Texas

65 months ago

Hi darrickb,
It is a tough time right now to be looking for work in any field. This is the time of the year that decision makers are working on year end budgets, vacation, etc. Don't give up. Have you thought of going through some other kind of med. training? Call me and we can discuss the "Best Bang for Your Buck", so to speak. I will help you in any way I can. You should have my number in your 3-ring binder from Proformance Masters.

Fonda

65 months ago

AK in Keller, Texas said: Fonda, I went to Performance Masters , we never met but when i went to the Dallas location to do the so called little intern hands on training they were talking about you.
My instructor in Arlington had nothing but excellent things to say about you.
He is a great guy and a wonderful instructer. The owner Terry on the other hand should be put out of business along with his helper Charles.
I really don't need any help. I just think i was lied to and i think i wasted 1100.00

Dear, AK in Keller, Texas
This is Charles from performance masters, If you came up and were displeased well I am sorry about that you more than likly came on a day that we were very slow I would love for you to come back and do some more Internship with me so I can make sure you get the hands on you are wanting. I do as much as I can to help my students but if there is not any patients then there is not much I can do other than teach you what you should already know. I do my best to help and for someone to post a comment saying that we should be shut down because YOU ARE DISPLEASED does not make me happy.
If you do not want to come see me at the dallas office then get with FONDA she can show you and help you with everything she was my instructor so everything I know she taught me and she has fantastic knowlege about the x-Ray field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AK in Keller, Texas

64 months ago

I think you should be shut down ! Is your equipment even safe...
Your office is gross and your unprofessional and would never go back. When is the last time an inspector was out there ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

AK in Keller, Texas said: I think you should be shut down ! Is your equipment even safe...
Your office is gross and your unprofessional and would never go back. When is the last time an inspector was out there ??

No our office is OLD and yes our equipment is safe and I do my best to be as professional as I can, My number one goal is Patient care and the satisfaction of our students.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

fh in Canton, Texas

64 months ago

krissyd in Denton, Texas said: i attended performance masters in dallas and if i recall it was only a few months and the cost is only 1100 with half down. i took evening classes 2 nights a week.

Hi Krissyd in Denton,

How long ago did you go to PM. I may know you. I am Fonda, the former Manager and Admissions Director for PM. I have started my own school now -- just trying to do some things a little different for those students that may need a little extra TLC. Let me know if I know you, and check out my website at axrti.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Laura Vick- about to be Moore in ROCKWALL, Texas

64 months ago

I actually know Charles personally and have for years. He's professional, I worked with him. HI CHARLES! Anyway I stumbled upon this bc my fiance is making me research. I thought it would help but it's actually doing the opposite with all these damn opinions!!! Anyway... I just want a damn career & the fact is it's hard to find a job anywhere right now, gotta just go for it & be positive... right???!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Laura Vick- about to be Moore in ROCKWALL, Texas said: I actually know Charles personally and have for years. He's professional, I worked with him. HI CHARLES! Anyway I stumbled upon this bc my fiance is making me research. I thought it would help but it's actually doing the opposite with all these damn opinions!!! Anyway... I just want a damn career & the fact is it's hard to find a job anywhere right now, gotta just go for it & be positive... right???!

Hi Laura-
Just keep your head up girl with your bubbly personality you WILL find a position. And I know that for a fact....

PI in Dallas, Texas

64 months ago

Has anyone heard of any new jobs after the first of this year? Seems like the same to me.

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.