xray tech / mri schools in Los Angeles

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Jahnalove in Reseda, California

58 months ago

Go to East L.A Education and Career Center. If you can drive, you can become a fully licensed X-Ray Technician or Radiologic Technologist for under $3,000.00...that three thousand dollars. I did not forget the zero. The school is Joint Commission certified and you will be eligible to sit for the ARRT, which is something that Modern Technology College/Maric/Kaplan still has trouble with today. Look them up on Rhb.ca.gov's website. Their name is on a list of accredited x-ray schools that include CSUN, Pasadena City College, and yes, Kaplan. The teacher's name is Alicia Ortiz and the school's number is on their website. It is a public school. Ms. Ortiz has her Masters and is a licensed Tech herself. Hope I can help all those who are thinking about Kaplan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

judith in Los Angeles, California

54 months ago

i live in los angeles and i am looking for a school to go to for x-ray tech but cant find one one help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jacob Smith in Corona, California

53 months ago

Jahnalove in Reseda, California said: Go to East L.A Education and Career Center. If you can drive, you can become a fully licensed X-Ray Technician or Radiologic Technologist for under $3,000.00...that three thousand dollars. I did not forget the zero. The school is Joint Commission certified and you will be eligible to sit for the ARRT, which is something that Modern Technology College/Maric/Kaplan still has trouble with today. Look them up on Rhb.ca.gov's website. Their name is on a list of accredited x-ray schools that include CSUN, Pasadena City College, and yes, Kaplan. The teacher's name is Alicia Ortiz and the school's number is on their website. It is a public school. Ms. Ortiz has her Masters and is a licensed Tech herself. Hope I can help all those who are thinking about Kaplan.

DON'T GO TO THIS SCHOOL. THE TEACHER SUCKS. SHE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT SHE IS DOING. MOST PEOPLE IN HER CLASS DROP OUT IN A FEW WEEKS. MOST CANNOT PASS THE STATE BOARD EXAM, AND HAVE TROUBLE FINDING JOBS AFTERWARDS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Confused in Arlington Heights, Illinois

52 months ago

Can anyone explain the CA Fluoroscopy Permit Examination/Requirements to me? I understand you have to 1. apply for a CRT license.2. apply to take the exam for the permit.

What I do not understand is the part that says "you may send a resume in Leiu of Fluoroscopy school graduation diploma"

It looks like all of the requirements are taught in schools throughout the country but in IL we have no "fluoroscopy" schools--the requirements are taught during our general 2yr/4yr programs...so I do not understand the purpose of all of this.

does anyone have any experience with this? has anyone applied for jobs/relocated to CA?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Felton, California

52 months ago

Just recently, the BRH of California has accepted all RT's (registered by the ARRT) that have graduated from a JRCERT accredited program as evidence of competency in fluoroscopy. So if you have a diploma from a JRCERT approved school then
you simply have to apply for your California license as an RT, then apply to sit for the exam in fluoroscopy after you receive your CA state license.

If interested, see www.fluoroscopytestprep.com

Confused in Arlington Heights, Illinois said: Can anyone explain the CA Fluoroscopy Permit Examination/Requirements to me? I understand you have to 1. apply for a CRT license.2. apply to take the exam for the permit.

What I do not understand is the part that says "you may send a resume in Leiu of Fluoroscopy school graduation diploma"

It looks like all of the requirements are taught in schools throughout the country but in IL we have no "fluoroscopy" schools--the requirements are taught during our general 2yr/4yr programs...so I do not understand the purpose of all of this.

does anyone have any experience with this? has anyone applied for jobs/relocated to CA?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shani in Newbury Park, California

49 months ago

Can anybody throw some light on job prospects as a radiologic technologist. I live in LA area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RT in Hood River, Oregon

49 months ago

Now is probably the worst time in history to become an x-ray technologist. There are no jobs for new grads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DC in Santa Fe, New Mexico

38 months ago

Mary in Felton, California said: Just recently, the BRH of California has accepted all RT's (registered by the ARRT) that have graduated from a JRCERT accredited program as evidence of competency in fluoroscopy. So if you have a diploma from a JRCERT approved school then
you simply have to apply for your California license as an RT, then apply to sit for the exam in fluoroscopy after you receive your CA state license.

If interested, see www.fluoroscopytestprep.com

Not True, Mary...that's how I understood the application process too. I have my California RT License, sent a copy of my diploma from JRCERT approved school and ARRT certification along with payment. I received my application back with a letter from CPPH stating that I need to provide an attestation in the form of a signed and dated statement from my accredited RT school, on school letterhead, to demonstrate equivalency. This must reach Cal DPH within 3 weeks or my application shall be deemed to have been withdrawn and my application fee is nonrefundable. I just received this letter today...wish I had known this a month ago, before I sent my $ and documents...now it's a race against the clock.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Santa Cruz, California

38 months ago

It is true-otherwise you would be sitting in a 45 hour fluoroscopy school right now.

What you have to do is provide proof for the state that your RT program complies. So all you have to do is provide the documentation for you to sit for the state fluoro exam. Get on it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Santa Cruz, California

38 months ago

Make sure your program director addresses what courses covered what areas on the list of topics and hours on the last page of the state application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

MC in Santa Fe, New Mexico

38 months ago

Mary in Santa Cruz, California said: It is true-otherwise you would be sitting in a 45 hour fluoroscopy school right now.

What you have to do is provide proof for the state that your RT program complies. So all you have to do is provide the documentation for you to sit for the state fluoro exam. Get on it!

Stating the obviuos after the fact, Mary. It requires more than a diploma from a JRCERT approved school like your original post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MC in Santa Fe, New Mexico

38 months ago

Mary in Santa Cruz, California said: Make sure your program director addresses what courses covered what areas on the list of topics and hours on the last page of the state application.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MC in Santa Fe, New Mexico

38 months ago

Mary in Santa Cruz, California said: Make sure your program director addresses what courses covered what areas on the list of topics and hours on the last page of the state application.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Diver143 in Arlington, Texas

33 months ago

Im am Going to X Ray school here in Tx and Im thinking of moving back to Los Angeles could someome tell me how the X Ray/MRI market is...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Los Angeles, California

27 months ago

MG in Murrieta, California said: HI IM A STUDENT AT KAPLAN IN HOLLYWOOD.TO KEEP IT SIMPLE I WILL JUST SAY THAT THE HAVE AN EXCELLENT X-RA TECH COURSE AS I AM TAKING IT RIGHT NOW AND LOVE IT.

I don't Suggest Kaplan. I just talked to them not too long ago. They are "Limited scope" Which isn't a good thing. That right there is bad and also its around 25k for the program, And from there if you wanted to go to the radiology next that would be an additional 34k for that. But if you want to work as like small clinics and etc than its ok. But if you want to work at big Hospitals, than Kaplan should not be one of your choices.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.