Limited licensing?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 195)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

donmjr in thornton, Colorado

90 months ago

I'm really cosidering this field thec only thing that stoping is the money I can't afford it and I've tried studentloansdoes anybody have any suggestions on financial help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RT Gonnabe

89 months ago

Anyone who has tried contacting the RHB knows that ONE you never get anyone on the phone (or ever recieve a call back) AND TWO depending on who you speak to you, you never get the same answer twice. So how is it you can write all this unwanted advice, spare us your tangets.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

john in Phoenix, Arizona

89 months ago

Matt, i know 2 guys at phoenix baptist hospital that did that. one was a navy seal for 30 years and the other was in the air force. they both got free schooling for a x-ray tech and they're making a lot of money. if you go to pima medical institute, tuitions gonna be $20,000.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Terry in Chandler, Arizona

89 months ago

Pima is about $30,000 and there are no jobs in Pheonix, there are five xray schools in Arizona and the market is flooded.
To many schools
Gatewate college
Pima
Bryman
apallo
Arizona central college of Radiology

TRENCE in Houston, Texas

89 months ago

Sharonda in Houston, Texas said: I am an LMRT in Houston and have been for the last 8 years. Right now I am currently working in the field at a good company with an excellent rep. I am going to be stating the swith over to a RT @ Pima Medical in the fall. The only thing is they said we have to find our own extership site. This is very discourging because what hospital will be willing to take on a LMRT (most RT's think we are worthless) that is contining thier education online. I Really want to further my education, but without a site you cannot apply to the program. Is there anyone who would be willing to give me some advice on how to go about finding a site without being ridicule

And you do not have to go back for 2 years at PIMA you finish online in about 50 weeks. Then you will have an Associated degree in Radiography. The web site is www.pmi.edu

I am set to begin an LMRT program in the Houston area but I am very skeptical about this field and the limited advancement. In the 8 that you have been in the field do you have any regret being an LMRT ? What kind of salary should I expect after receiving my certification and is the pay worth the money it will cost to go to school ?

helenb in Tyronza, Arkansas

89 months ago

I am attempting to study for the Limited Scope Radiology test. I need help!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sha in Houston, Texas

89 months ago

waveriderlisa in San Diego, California said: good for you I had the same comment

Please be polite, we are not here to pull each other down, we are here to uplift one another. Please read the terms of service. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything! This comment is for
Lynn Bellus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MAC in Los Angeles, California

89 months ago

leticia in Highland, California said: Brandon,

My best advice is to research for a public school. I,m from Califoria and I searched for different schools. Privates wanted about 23,000 for the course, and the one I'm going is East Los Angeles Adult and Career Education the program run for about 1,800 BIG DIFFERENCE wich is run by the school disric

i went to Orange Coast College it was a 2 year program for a fully licensed tech.1 of the best things i ever did good money out there may seem a little bleak right now but unfortunately people will get older and sick

DNDEA00 in Harlingen, Texas

89 months ago

James in Tontitown, Arkansas said: Some states now offer a limited license for x-ray tech's. What can you do with this and who will hire you? Also what is this position called at most hospitals. Any help on this would be great.
I am a manager in the Radiology Departmet in Texas. An LMRT is rarely hired in hospitals because of the limited scope of practice that they can perform--no portables OR or Fluoro -Lmrt play a role as they are hired for small clinics, DR'S offices etc. The pay of course is usually half of what a license ARRT makes . My suggestion is that if you are really interested in Radiology is to go to an accredidted 2 year program --its worth it in the long run--financially and job stability --

Robbie in Oroville, Washington

88 months ago

Nicole in Port Charlotte, Florida said: I'm getting ready to complete my Xray Medical Tech. With Limited scope. I have been attending a private college in my area. The program gives you an Occupational associates degree as a Certified Medical Assistant along with a license/cert. in Limited scope. The program is 14mo. long. I'm currently working for an Imaging center where I'm also doing my internship.What type of pay should I ask for upon completion of my state boards in April?

Nicole, what school did you attend in Port Charlotte?

Calinda in Freehold, New Jersey

88 months ago

I took the same course although I didn't pass my limited scope exam I did work at a Urgent Care facility where they paid me 16.75 for a trainee ship and upon certification I was going to make 23 per hour. So depending on what areas you will practice in you are entitled to just as much as a full Tech. So get your experience girl and don't settle and good luck on your exam.

Calinda in Freehold, New Jersey

88 months ago

helenb in Tyronza, Arkansas said: I am attempting to study for the Limited Scope Radiology test. I need help!!

Well I can tell you know your views on each area that you are testing on. That is a big part of the test get a study guide you can go on borders website an buy the book used I recommend the SAIA Radiology Prep good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

deanne in Tampa, Florida

88 months ago

is a florida limited license transferable to texas or do i have to take the texas exam

Diane Wood R.T.(R)(BD)ARRT in Sanderson, Florida said: Hi Josie,
The job market in San Antonio has not slowed down at all, infact the demand is greater than ever for LMRT's. If you do decide to attend an LMRT program there would be no shortage of positions available for you. I do a LMRT Exam Preparation Course in San Antonio, working with students trying to pass the State Exam. If you would like more information contact me direclty at our website wwww.courseproviders.net and we will see what we can do for you!
Good luck in your studies!
Diane Wood R.T.(R)(BD)ARRT
dwood@courseproviders.net

Benjala Phillips in Kansas City, Missouri

87 months ago

Calinda in Freehold, New Jersey said: I took the same course although I didn't pass my limited scope exam I did work at a Urgent Care facility where they paid me 16.75 for a trainee ship and upon certification I was going to make 23 per hour. So depending on what areas you will practice in you are entitled to just as much as a full Tech. So get your experience girl and don't settle and good luck on your exam.

did they hire u as you did your intern?

michael

87 months ago

Theresno way a limited tech is worth the same amount of money as a fully licensed tech

DNDEA00 in Harlingen, Texas

87 months ago

TRENCE in Houston, Texas said: I am set to begin an LMRT program in the Houston area but I am very skeptical about this field and the limited advancement. In the 8 that you have been in the field do you have any regret being an LMRT ? What kind of salary should I expect after receiving my certification and is the pay worth the money it will cost to go to school ?
IF U still need aplace for your clinicals and arewilling to travell , i can fit u with our faciliy

sharondawilkes@*****.*** in Houston, Texas

87 months ago

Trence I don't have any regrets about becoming an LMRT. I am just at a point where I really need to advance and do other things. I feel I already know enough about the diagnostic part of Radiography and I am now ready to advance into other modalities. When I first started I was only making 11.50 per hour, but that was a long time ago. It really all depends on where you work. That job was just something to get my foot in the door. I stayed there about 8 mths, and went to a temp agency and they started me @ 14.00. Then from there I went to different places that started @ 17.00. It all depends on where you work. I know people fresh out of the program that got jobs making 20.00. Yes. I am definatly looking for an externship, but It has to be at a hospital b/c I have to learn portables, flouro, etc. I am willing to travel also. Thank you, and have a great day and good luck to you. I'm sure you will do fine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Henry in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

87 months ago

Josie in Olmito, Texas said: Katy, I'm thinking about going to school for a LMRT program and I plan to move to San Antonio once my program is completed in about 11 months. What's the job outlook like over there? If you don't mind me asking, how much is your salary in San Antonio? Thank you.

I would recommend to anyone thinking of a carreer in Xray to go for RT, if you must go the limited scope route research it first and dont pay too much for it. You can NOT work in hospitals and basically you can study at home at test out to get your certification.
The whole purpose of Limited Scope was to allow Medical Assistants or Nurses to take non-invasive xrays in a small clinic setting, this cuts the clinics expenses by not having to hire an RT. If you think this through you will understand that Limited Scope is NOT a carreer title, but an added certification to another carreer such as mentioned above Medical Assistant and so forth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Daveycrocket in Beaverton, Oregon

86 months ago

sharondawilkes@yahoo.com in Houston, Texas said: Trence I don't have any regrets about becoming an LMRT. I am just at a point where I really need to advance and do other things. I feel I already know enough about the diagnostic part of Radiography and I am now ready to advance into other modalities. When I first started I was only making 11.50 per hour, but that was a long time ago. It really all depends on where you work. That job was just something to get my foot in the door. I stayed there about 8 mths, and went to a temp agency and they started me @ 14.00. Then from there I went to different places that started @ 17.00. It all depends on where you work. I know people fresh out of the program that got jobs making 20.00. Yes. I am definatly looking for an externship, but It has to be at a hospital b/c I have to learn portables, flouro, etc. I am willing to travel also. Thank you, and have a great day and good luck to you. I'm sure you will do fine.

Just so you know,you can't learn flouro and portables because Medicare reimbursement for hospitals depend on ARRT certification it is a JRCERT requirement. That is why hospitals don't use LMRT's, you have to get your ARRT to do that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Daveycrocket in Beaverton, Oregon

86 months ago

Daveycrocket in Beaverton, Oregon said: Just so you know,you can't learn flouro and portables because Medicare reimbursement for hospitals depend on ARRT certification it is a JRCERT requirement. That is why hospitals don't use LMRT's, you have to get your ARRT to do that.

Sorry I mean JCAHO not JRCERT, JCAHO accredits hospitals JRCERT accredits radiography programs.

sha in Houston, Texas

86 months ago

Daveycrocket in Beaverton, Oregon said: Sorry I mean JCAHO not JRCERT, JCAHO accredits hospitals JRCERT accredits radiography programs.

The school I am attending is going to actually set up the externship. I just need to find a hospital that will let me train there. I will not be getting paid and the school I am attending is accredited. That is not the issue, but Thanks for your advise.

toy75 in Austin, Texas

86 months ago

Daveycrocket in Beaverton, Oregon said: Sorry I mean JCAHO not JRCERT, JCAHO accredits hospitals JRCERT accredits radiography programs.

Can you tell me where I can find the JCAHO requirement that shows Xrays/CT Techs must be ARRT licensed fot JCAHO accrediation? I've been hunting this info w/no luck!

AColeman in Humble, Texas

86 months ago

I have been a LMRT for 6 years and I would definitely recommend doing the RT program. For one the difference in tuition is very considerable. When I was going to school for my LMRT license we were told that a bridge course to a RT was in the works...to the best of my knowledge this still has not happened (at least not in the Houston area). The pay scale in considerably different for RT's and LMRT's as well. In the Houston area a lot of the LMRT courses were geared towards graduates working for Magregor (spelling?) clinics...which was bought out by Kelsey Sebold..and Kelsey Sebold does not hire LMRT's, which cut out A LOT of jobs in our area. When I first started LMRT's could cross train into MRI and could also get certified in Fluoro. Not sure about the Fluoro these days (I've been in a Dr's office for too long). Not sure if it has already gone into effect or if it is at the first of the year, but medicare is changing it's guidelines to where it will not pay for an exam unless it is done by a certified technician, which will make it a lot harder to cross train on the job into another modality. I went to school to get my LMRT license straight out of high school and I really regret not doing the RT program.

Daveycrocket in Portland, Oregon

86 months ago

toy75 in Austin, Texas said: Can you tell me where I can find the JCAHO requirement that shows Xrays/CT Techs must be ARRT licensed fot JCAHO accrediation? I've been hunting this info w/no luck!

I am not sure where the rule can be found you would have to check their rules/regulations and read through mounds of information. A tech at a hospital I worked at previously actually found themselves in trouble for not having ARRT and or State licensed techs with a education that was a equivalent to the ARRT. I know for a fact that this is the case for medicare reimbursement, unless the hospital is 49 beds or under then they can cut corners, and I definitely wouldn't want to be a patient at a hospital like that. However it doesn't really matter as the rules are changing soon and are getting even stricter. ACR is about to be setting the standard for these modalities and medicare reimbursement so even small hospitals and Clinics will have to use fully registered techs in Advanced Modalities. You will not only need to be registered as an ARRT Radiographer you will have to be ARRT registered in your specific modality such as CT or MR. It is a bad idea to try and cut corners in Imaging most of these programs promising the sky are just trying to take your money. Here is some info on ACR:

www.medicexchange.com/American-College-Of-Radiology/acr-statement-on-imaging-accreditation-in-the-medicare-system.html

On on top of all of this the job market in radiology is far from good no matter what the news or government reports are saying. So choose your training in whatever it is wisely. I think it will be good 10-15 years before radiology has a good job market again, if ever....

Laura in Fayetteville, Arkansas

85 months ago

Hi. Can anybody tell me what the LMRT program is like at Petra Allied Health? I am considering taking a course there. I do not have time to take a two year program for RT.

Also, does anybody know if you are on unemployment if you can get any assistance with paying for school?

Thanks.

Experience in Fairfax, Virginia

85 months ago

If you want to be able to support yourself financially and otherwise DO NOT WASTE TIME AND MONEY STUDYING RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGY/X-RAY SCHOOL! The market is flooded! The pay if you know the right person and find a job is terrible. Become a Nurse, PA, Anesthesiologist, Physical Therapist...
The schools have found a cash cow in promoting Radiology Technology programs. The schools only make $$$$ when they can find suckers to pay for parking, text, tuition....

85 months ago

Again, as stated in my earlier comment - I don't have two years time to take any of those courses you mentioned.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

helenb in Tyronza, Arkansas said: I am attempting to study for the Limited Scope Radiology test. I need help!!

Did you pass the exam?

85 months ago

"Again, as stated in my earlier comment - I don't have two years time to take any of those courses you mentioned." Laura

Just flush your $$$ down the toilet then. It will be faster and less painful. LMRT pays what in your area? Is there a LMRT position/job open in your Area? How many other people are applying for the position? All the above applies to any job, including RT.
If you want to waste time, effort and $$$$ because Radiology Technology is a Associates Degree (really 4 years because at least at my school you must have all the prerequisite courses which is almost a A.A. degree on its own. Then 2 years of all RT courses if you are accepted into the program ) Please do so. But I did warn ALL ON THIS SITE.
Also ask the people that have a position if they like the job or if they get treated like slaves/fetchers/peeons/etc or if they are treated with respect and courtesy. This again applies to all jobs. LMRT and otherwise.

85 months ago

I am a RT(R) I have multiple degrees and work full time at a hospital. I have 13 yrs exp.
Are you trying to be a smart as* or just asking a good question to educate yourself?

cpcke12 in Humble, Texas

85 months ago

hi acoleman i live in humble, do u know of any position in the area

eyrito in Houston, Texas

85 months ago

Sharonda in Houston, Texas said: I am an LMRT in Houston and have been for the last 8 years. Right now I am currently working in the field at a good company with an excellent rep. I am going to be stating the swith over to a RT @ Pima Medical in the fall. The only thing is they said we have to find our own extership site. This is very discourging because what hospital will be willing to take on a LMRT (most RT's think we are worthless) that is contining thier education online. I Really want to further my education, but without a site you cannot apply to the program. Is there anyone who would be willing to give me some advice on how to go about finding a site without being ridiculed?

And you do not have to go back for 2 years at PIMA you finish online in about 50 weeks. Then you will have an Associated degree in Radiography. The web site is www.pmi.edu

I have an appointment with this week. Do you know if that is because you are already an LMRT? Or is that standard for all applicants? Where did you get your LMRT training? Has it been rewarding for you here in Houston?

eyrito in Houston, Texas

85 months ago

I am most interested in Radiation Therapy and from what I understand a RT can become certified? If I were to do an RT program at PIMA is it easy to go to another school, say community college, and get certified in Radiation Therapy?

Warm Regards,
Erika

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lola in Oxnard, California

84 months ago

Is it safe to work as a LMRT while pregnant?

Terry in Chandler, Arizona

84 months ago

Sure there is no evidence that at least at 1.5T is harmfull to the fetus.

emannihol in Monument Valley, Utah

81 months ago

hello, im starting to get ready for taking the too as well. what books and study guide did u find helpful for your exam! i need help too!

nikiw in Mitchell, South Dakota

80 months ago

I was offored a job as a LMRT but want to go to school for RT can anyone please help me out and tell me some positives and negatives for either choice.

CPCKE12 in Palestine, Texas

80 months ago

GO FOR RT,I AM CURRENTLY A LMRT,AND TRYING TO GET RT, BUT YOU CANT BRIDGE OVER YOU HAVE TO START ALL THE WAY OVER ,LMRT IS A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY,LUCKY IF YOU CAN GET 13 DOLLARS AN HOUR...GOOD LUCK

80 months ago

HI EVERYONE,IM A LMRT,I AM ENROLLING IN PIMA INSTITUTE IN AUGUST FOR RT,MY PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE TO FIND MY OWN EXTERN SITE IN HOUSTON AREA BEFORE I CAN ACTUALLY ENROLL,CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME,IT HAS TO BE AT A HOSPITAL,I AM WILLING TO TRAVEL A SHORT DISTANCE AND WILL DO NIGHTS OR WEEKENDS AS WELL AS DAYS,IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH A SITE IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED....

sha in Houston, Texas

80 months ago

CPCKE12 in Palestine, Texas said: HI EVERYONE,IM A LMRT,I AM ENROLLING IN PIMA INSTITUTE IN AUGUST FOR RT,MY PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE TO FIND MY OWN EXTERN SITE IN HOUSTON AREA BEFORE I CAN ACTUALLY ENROLL,CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME,IT HAS TO BE AT A HOSPITAL,I AM WILLING TO TRAVEL A SHORT DISTANCE AND WILL DO NIGHTS OR WEEKENDS AS WELL AS DAYS,IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH A SITE IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED....

This is the same problem I am having. I am also trying to find an externship site in the Houston are so that I can attend PIMA. It is very difficult. They have opened a location here, but the problem is they have teamed up with Memorial Hermann (since they no longer have their RT Program) and are sending all of their 2 year students to those sites, which make up a large percentage of the hospitals in the Houston. That means that they will not let us do our extern at any Memorial Hermann sites. I have asked them to assist me with an externship and they flat out said no, they are not helping any of the Adv. Placement students with clinicals. I have created an externship letter and a resume that I am going to drop off at some hospitals next week. The problem is there is always a middle man and if you do not put it in the right hands you may never get a response. I will let you know if I have any luck, and good luck to you.

80 months ago

THANKS ALOT,GOOD LUCK AND I WILL DO THE SAME FOR YOU

80 months ago

DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THA HARRIS COUNTY HOSP. DISTRIC RAD PROGRAM @ LBJ/BEN TAUB ,U CAN PULL IT UP ON HCHD

shelly in Lincoln, Nebraska

79 months ago

Hommy RT R in Olympia, Washington said: Anthony, I did join the military to recieve my education as an X-Ray technician. The military is a fully accredited school by the ARRT they are the governing body for x-ray certification nationally. This is great because you get paid to go to school. Now X-ray and Ultrasound are two completley different jobs that have no relationship to each other is like comparing apples to carrots. So what I recommend is that job shadow at a local hospital. Check out X-ray, CT (Cat Scan), MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, find out what you like the most and talk to the techs that already have that job and find out the pro's and con's. Right now Ultrasound is booming they pay really good, however, it is usually a two or four year degree for that program. Do not do the limited scope radiology it is a waste of time. Let me know if you have anymore questions...if you would like to call me I'd be happy to give you advice.

Gregorio Rosado
hommyrosado@hotmail.com

We are actually Radiology Technologist for those of you that are not informed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JBENI in Houston, Texas

79 months ago

Chest man in Austin, Texas said: Market is going to pick up for LMRT and RT's for fact that they will be in for front in diagnosing medical issues. As in preventative disease and disorders that we can see early on before complications set in and the charges sky rocket. So Care bill will inforce prevenative medicine in order to save tax payers and company money. The CARE bill will also get rid off NCT and non lisenced radiographers to set it against law to do imaging with out proper higher learning. LMRT's will gain demand in feild pretty shortly and future pay plus need will increase over time. Nct would not become grandfathered in since they arnt lisenced to deal with radiographic equipment. Plus states with out lisening requirments which are most of them would become federaly outlawed to have non-lisenced workers working around radiologic equipment. So should be substantial increase in demand For LMRT's. LVN can bridge to RN same way LMRT can Bridge over to RT with online course's.

Hi, I'm an LMRT here at Houstn, I would like to take online course with PIMA to become RT. What do you recommend? Thanks for your help..

twiggy in Chicago, Illinois

79 months ago

Experience in Fairfax, Virginia said: If you want to be able to support yourself financially and otherwise DO NOT WASTE TIME AND MONEY STUDYING RADIOLOGY TECHNOLOGY/X-RAY SCHOOL! The market is flooded! The pay if you know the right person and find a job is terrible. Become a Nurse, PA, Anesthesiologist, Physical Therapist...
The schools have found a cash cow in promoting Radiology Technology programs. The schools only make $$$$ when they can find suckers to pay for parking, text, tuition....

i don't know what your talking about, i graduated a year and a half ago, found a job before i graduated, and am making the same if not more than the average RN. Xray has been a great choice for me, i've enjoyed it so far. there are plenty of career paths to take to advance your professional career in xray i.e. advanced modalities, radiology PA, management, PACS admin etc...

Chris in Clarksville, Tennessee

77 months ago

Abigail Johnson in Nashville, Tennessee said: I am thinking of moving back home to my family in Raleigh, North Carolina and was wondering...do I have to retake any tests or certifications to keep my limited scope x-ray license in NC? Or, would I be able to go home and go straight into working and doing x-rays? I'm about to start my extern for High-Tech Institute, and am very excited about entering into the healthcare industry...any advice and answers would help...

So have you found any work yet?
Chris L

Miguel in Pasadena, California

77 months ago

According to ASRT NC does not license personnel.

According to ASRT NC has no licensure laws

Practices Licensed and Term: Does not license personnel

LALA in Fort Smith, Arkansas

77 months ago

HELLO IM VERY FUSTRATED RIGHT NOW AFTER GOING TO SCHOOL IN HOUSTON,TX FOR LMRT AND FINISHING I HAD TO MOVE BACK HOME TO ARKANSAS CAUSE I COULDNT PAY THE FINAL BILL TO MY SCHOOL TO TAKE THE BOARDS. SO 5 YEARS LATER ITS PAID I PAST THE AR STATE BOARD FOR LIMITED SCOPE BACK IN NOVEMBER. AND NOW I STILL CANT FIND A JOB. EVERYONE I TALK TO SAYS THEY DONT HIRE LIMITED SCOPE. NOW I STUCK WITH THIS LINCESE THAT I CANT USE. I CANT AFFORD TO MOVE BACK TO HOUSTON OR I WOULD HAVE TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL FOR RT AND START ALL OVER. I GUESS THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE IF I WOULDNT HAVE WAISTED MY TIME TAKING THE BOARDS AND JUST WENT BACK TO SCHOOL LAST YEAR. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE FROM AR THAT CAN GIVE ME SOME IDEAS ON WHAT TO DO?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Daryll in Marion, Texas

75 months ago

LALA in Fort Smith, Arkansas said: HELLO IM VERY FUSTRATED RIGHT NOW AFTER GOING TO SCHOOL IN HOUSTON,TX FOR LMRT AND FINISHING I HAD TO MOVE BACK HOME TO ARKANSAS CAUSE I COULDNT PAY THE FINAL BILL TO MY SCHOOL TO TAKE THE BOARDS. SO 5 YEARS LATER ITS PAID I PAST THE AR STATE BOARD FOR LIMITED SCOPE BACK IN NOVEMBER. AND NOW I STILL CANT FIND A JOB. EVERYONE I TALK TO SAYS THEY DONT HIRE LIMITED SCOPE. NOW I STUCK WITH THIS LINCESE THAT I CANT USE. I CANT AFFORD TO MOVE BACK TO HOUSTON OR I WOULD HAVE TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL FOR RT AND START ALL OVER. I GUESS THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE IF I WOULDNT HAVE WAISTED MY TIME TAKING THE BOARDS AND JUST WENT BACK TO SCHOOL LAST YEAR. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE FROM AR THAT CAN GIVE ME SOME IDEAS ON WHAT TO DO?

I don't know what you are talking about because say here in texas, that's all they seem to hire around here is limited scope mostly at urgent care centers like concentra urgent care and most others. They will require you to do blood draws, front office, clean the sh... off the toilets etc, and youll get about max 12 an hr. In texas a limited scope can do almost any xray view with the exception of oliquies and certain skull views. In arizona limited techs could only do lower end of extremities and chest, definitly no abdomens, no hips etc. The owners of these health centers are very lucky in texas that they have paid their lobiests well to get these lax laws in texas, and it is very unfortunate for RT's who can't get a job unless they pay someone or have 8 yrs experience with 2 modalities (certified) and is willing to work for pennies. Its a disgrace out there, and all the schools lie to you about what's out there. I've wasted 3 years in college.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lala in Fort Smith, Arkansas

75 months ago

Daryll in Marion, Texas said: I don't know what you are talking about because say here in texas, that's all they seem to hire around here is limited scope mostly at urgent care centers like concentra urgent care and most others. They will require you to do blood draws, front office, clean the sh... off the toilets etc, and youll get about max 12 an hr. In texas a limited scope can do almost any xray view with the exception of oliquies and certain skull views. In arizona limited techs could only do lower end of extremities and chest, definitly no abdomens, no hips etc. The owners of these health centers are very lucky in texas that they have paid their lobiests well to get these lax laws in texas, and it is very unfortunate for RT's who can't get a job unless they pay someone or have 8 yrs experience with 2 modalities (certified) and is willing to work for pennies. Its a disgrace out there, and all the schools lie to you about what's out there. I've wasted 3 years in college.

YOU SOUND JUST AS UPSET AS I AM.... MAYBE I'LL JUST MOVE BACK TO TX AND MAYBE YOU CAN MOVE TO ARKANSAS CAUSE THAT IS ALL THE HIRE OUT HERE! GOOD LUCK DARYLL =)

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.