What are the best xcelsius consultant qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What is the best training for becoming a xcelsius consultant? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective xcelsius consultant?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

Kalyan Verma in Atlanta, Georgia

87 months ago

Crystal Xcelsius is a wysiwyg tool to create interactive dashboards by simple drag and drop combinations. Xcelsius Primarily uses MS Excel to create Dashbaords, so the first skill you need to get started with Xcelsius is MS Excel. Now the question is how much of excel? i would say at least intermediate level, i.e. you should know all simple formulae (Arthematic etc) and some complex formulae in MS Excel (Lookups, Macros etc) and you should also be able to change the format of the Excel Spreadsheet according to the dashboard behaviour. www.xcelsius.wordpress.com

There are 2 variants that Xcelsius offers. Pro and Workgroup. Pro is for Static Interactive Dashboarding, whereas Workgroup is for Live Dashboarding. If you Client or company needs Dashboards for one time use like project presentations or one time reporting, Xcelsius Pro will do the job for you and all you need is MS Excel skills and Xcelsius Pro Software. On the other hand, if the client or company needs live dashboards for Adhoc reporting, daily updates etc, i.e if the data is dynamic, then you need much more than MS Excel and Xcelsius Pro Skills. Primarily you need Xcelsius Worgroup (Not Pro) and MS Excel, also you need to know how to connect live data to your dashboards using Xcelsius. So when we say Live data, Databases and Datawarehouses come into picture. So you need to have those skills too. www.xcelsius.wordpress.com

A lot of Training is available on xcelsius website at www.xcelsius.com/Learning/Center.html

For Excel Training i would recommend the following:
Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Microsoft Office Excel 2003
Author(s) Joe Kraynak
ISBN 0789729415
Release Date 15 September 2003

Xcelsius Certification:
Business Objects offers xcelsius Certification through one of its VAR Partners (Value Added Resellers). One of them is: Hi-Mark Software (770) 993-5796 x-16 www.himark.com

For more info on the latest news on Crystal Xcelsius, please visit www.xcelsius.wordpress.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Todd Greenwood in Quincy, Massachusetts

74 months ago

You can get xcelsius training at DataSenseSolutions in Waltham, MA. Their website is www.datasensesolutions.com and they have xcelsius dashboard classes about every month. I teach the class and am a developer in xcelsius, too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kalyan Verma in Westmont, Illinois

74 months ago

You can also get great tips and news from myxcelsius.com

John Blandino in Buffalo, New York

60 months ago

Todd Greenwood in Quincy, Massachusetts said: You can get xcelsius training at DataSenseSolutions in Waltham, MA. Their website is www.datasensesolutions.com and they have xcelsius dashboard classes about every month. I teach the class and am a developer in xcelsius, too.

Our IT group is trying to implement a dashboard using xcelsius to our research community. The IT group is not real experienced in this software. A 2/3 prototype has been constructed. The functional team has recommended several changes before go live. We are looking for an accomplished resources that could come in and help the IT group finish this system and get it out and live. Do you have any contacts that we could talk to regarding help. We are looking for an accomplished individual (not a team).

John Blandino

Gayathri S in London, United Kingdom

56 months ago

I would like to do XCelsius certification.

Could you please provide me details on it...

I did search for it, please let me know the certification exam name and exam questions and answers samples.

Looking forward to hear from you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

aspBoomer in Fairfax, Virginia

50 months ago

Todd Greenwood in Quincy, Massachusetts said: You can get xcelsius training at DataSenseSolutions in Waltham, MA. Their website is www.datasensesolutions.com and they have xcelsius dashboard classes about every month. I teach the class and am a developer in xcelsius, too.

hi could you mail your email id so taht i can contact you for classes

aspBoomer

Joel in Phoenix, Arizona

46 months ago

SkillForge provides live instructor-led, online Xcelsius training as well as onsite training in Xcelsius 2008 for groups. The SkillForge website is www.skillforge.com and the Xcelsius Training Page is skillforge.com/courses/category/business-objects/xcelsius

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.