Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 78)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

What are typical yoga instructor salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Emma in Stamford, Connecticut

97 months ago

no I'm not an instructor, but have you tried any of the networking sites? Here are two sites that you may find helpful in finding other instructors to connect with:
www.linkedin.com
www.ryze.com

Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Maren Grace in Guatemala City, Guatemala

83 months ago

Have you thought about hooking up with a resort center, and putting together packaged yoga retreats, either in your area or in the tropics. I myself am trying to find ways to bring yoga instruction, or retreat participants into the Peten Jungle for 7 to 10 day retreat programs, coupled with meditation etc. I know there are a few hotels that work with instructors that wish to use their locations.

If anyone else has information on this, as I am involved with an ecological sanctuary here in Peten, looking to figure out how to offer retreats, and what travel pay would involve for instructors I either bring in, or instructor that put together their own programs and wish to rent out the location. Please email me at clearlinergy@hotmail.com, do not post a reply here.

thank you and Namaste!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

paul dunn in Forest Grove, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

I am that person....pls. email me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Zoe in Lake Bluff, Illinois

80 months ago

What does someone pay an instructor per hour. I'm opening a studio and am researching my expenses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (89) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

carenmo@comcast.net in Ambler, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

paul dunn in Forest Grove, Pennsylvania said: I am that person....pls. email me

hi paul dunn - where is forest grove, pa - r u a yoga teacher or holistic healer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

paul dunn in Furlong, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

I dont know how it say's forrest grove....I now live in chalfont near doyelstown....I started power yoga works in malvern,with Baron Baptiste....I now study with Joan White who is Iyengar based...p

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Baron has done very well for himself ...He branded himself well....not very nuturing to much power....Joan is out of center city...outstanding!!!...For Iyengar yoga is unparreled when it comes to understanding the precise and subtle movements...p

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

If you would be interested in contacting me....my email is yogadharma@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

interesting note re: baron baptiste - see that u r definitely into yoga - what about a phone no? would like to hear your voice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

610-418-0118...paul

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Shooky in Parker, Colorado

78 months ago

carenmo@comcast.net in Horsham, Pennsylvania said: hi emma,

thanks for your reply - $55,000-$65,000 should be minimum; i've been a yoga/pilates teacher for over l5 years but, in the last few years, it has been difficult financially - a lot of people just don't want to pay and the gyms usually offer a package - i did the gym circuit for years - had a yoga studio in another state, moved to pa. and, with all my experience & education, well, i'm having trouble making a decent living - suggestions - are you a yoga-pilates teacher - fitness instructor? please email back - i NEED a support team - i'm thinking of ways to make money thru yoga all the time - just teaching - it isn't enough, unless i target only the wealthy clients - reply asap.

The biggest money maker is offering a certified teaching program that meets yoga alliance requirements-- which make our industry consistent---

even with a good personal yoga practice-- you don't always know how to teach someone yoga

I know--

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dimple in Jamaica, New York

78 months ago

what kind of a support team are u looking for?
Let me know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

hi, i'm looking for support re: partnering yoga/pilates - something new/an exciting challenge - the clients i've had for years luv yoga & pilates but r not interested in becoming teachers - any other ideas - all is needed/been teacher long time - would luv to expand emotionally/economically - would luv to create new base of new clients and with the old & new make more money soon

77 months ago

hi paul, furlong, pa is about 15 minutes north of me - have u & i ever communicated before that u know of - what is your phone no? i'd like 2 talk 2 u on the phone and get a feel 4 what u do re: yoga/pilates - also i work with chiropractors, corporations - trying to build more privates recently - let me know

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

hi zoe, teachers should be paid no less than $50/hr - up to $150/hr depending on experience, following, etc - yoga teachers have been underpaid mostly $25/hr example - we deserve more money for our expertise/knowledge - tell me re: your studio - how many people can u teach/what does it look like/what kind of rent/r u offering anything other than yoga/i'm near philly - would luv 2 partner but so far not happening

77 months ago

Shooky in Parker, Colorado said: The biggest money maker is offering a certified teaching program that meets yoga alliance requirements-- which make our industry consistent---

even with a good personal yoga practice-- you don't always know how to teach someone yoga

I know--

namaste - i have many many clients but nobody is interested in becoming a teacher and it's been years and years of teaching for me/can u expand on your idea/i'm certified with yoga alliance/received papers re: school in mail but no interest re: people - any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Norristown, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

I Recently stared a 200 hour program and found my training school through the yoga alliance website. I didn't see any located in Ambler, are you listed with them?

76 months ago

yes, listed under horsham, pa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Diana "the Traveling Yogi"Looking in Oswego, Illinois

74 months ago

I am now interviewing for 5 quality certified yoga instructors .Will earn top dollar if qualified. Ea instructor would be placed in their own territory . Looking for the following locations Loop Northwest near west and south western suburbs. Please email resume to ttyogi@yahoo.com Thank you Diana Meynart Hanzel

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

carenmo@comcast.net in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

73 months ago

hi, i am a certified/registered yoga instructor/500 hrs. yoga alliance/have been teaching 15 years - combination of 12 different styles - also teach pilates at the nearby school - always interested in new/interesting position re: yoga - live in pennsylvania - if interested please reply - if u want to know anything else just ask - also seeking financial advancement in yoga field

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hanna in Seattle, Washington

70 months ago

I will be pursuing a 500 hr bikram yoga certificate this year(very excited!) and would like to know what I should expect to ask for as a recent graduate.
Help.

Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

carenmo@comcast.net in Horsham, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

Diana "the Traveling Yogi"Looking in Oswego, Illinois said: I am now interviewing for 5 quality certified yoga instructors .Will earn top dollar if qualified. Ea instructor would be placed in their own territory . Looking for the following locations Loop Northwest near west and south western suburbs. Please email resume to ttyogi@yahoo.com Thank you Diana Meynart Hanzel

namaste diana - living in PA - r u interested in a certified yoga instructor on the east coast? I'm actively working last 15 years or so supporting myself through yoga/pilates - registered with yoga alliance at 500 hours/have "millions" of hours -
reply if interested
shanti
caren

christo felix in Carlsbad, California

68 months ago

Hello, i'm interested in opening my own power fit yoga studio. found the location and putting together the business plan. I'm trying to figure out what on average does an instructor make? I believe an instructor can have years of teaching and many types on certification, however that doesn't mean there great teacher. It's he or she who love teaching from there heart and has great energy in their voice which captures the students attention and from there the class will be a success. I'm sure you understand what i'm saying. So does anyone know the rate per hour? Please let me know. My e-mail exercise@christofelix.com my website www.christofelix.com still a work in progress.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rob in Graz, Austria

63 months ago

Hello, I am in the process of organizing Yoga Holidays for 2 weeks at our hotel next year. We are offering a Yoga Instructor 2 weeks all expenses paid - guest accommodation, food and travel in exchange for 12 classes / week. What should I expect to pay the instructor in addition to this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marisa Guzman in Lake Charles, Louisiana

62 months ago

Maren Grace in Guatemala City, Guatemala said: Have you thought about hooking up with a resort center, and putting together packaged yoga retreats, either in your area or in the tropics. I myself am trying to find ways to bring yoga instruction, or retreat participants into the Peten Jungle for 7 to 10 day retreat programs, coupled with meditation etc. I know there are a few hotels that work with instructors that wish to use their locations.

If anyone else has information on this, as I am involved with an ecological sanctuary here in Peten, looking to figure out how to offer retreats, and what travel pay would involve for instructors I either bring in, or instructor that put together their own programs and wish to rent out the location. Please email me at clearlinergy@hotmail.com, do not post a reply here.

thank you and Namaste!

HI,
THis s Marisa in Lake Chales, Lousiana. In october I will get my certification as a YOGA INSTRUCTOR. This is something I will be intersted in doing in the future as I start my journey into teaching.
Namaste.
Marisa Guzman
tatelguzman@juno.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marisa Guzman in Lake Charles, Louisiana

62 months ago

carenmo@comcast.net in Horsham, Pennsylvania said: namaste diana - living in PA - r u interested in a certified yoga instructor on the east coast? I'm actively working last 15 years or so supporting myself through yoga/pilates - registered with yoga alliance at 500 hours/have "millions" of hours -
reply if interested
shanti
caren

I am in the process of getting my certification this year. Would you mind sharing on ways I can put this certification to work for me and give me some ideas. As a middle age and divorce woman for the last four years, I am looking to supplement my income doing what I have passion for.

Namaste.

Marisa Guzman

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Namaste yoga teacher training in Beverly, Massachusetts

62 months ago

Hello,
I have begun a Yoga Teacher Training based in Iyengar yoga. I was certified in this incredible method but now follow my own voice in teaching the fundamentals of this tradition. I have studied with Patricia Walden for over 30 years!
My school is registered at the 500 hour level with the Yoga Alliance. You can check out my website-will be updating soon. Pass the word -Iyengar's "infrastructure" is complex yet simple- "simplexity"- namasteyogactr.com

Namaste yoga teacher training in Beverly, Massachusetts

62 months ago

Oops! the Teacher Training is in Marblehead!

61 months ago

are u interested in connecting in some sort of yoga business with me in pennsylvania?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ryan in East Wenatchee, Washington

60 months ago

carenmo@comcast.net in Horsham, Pennsylvania said: hi emma,

thanks for your reply - $55,000-$65,000 should be minimum; i've been a yoga/pilates teacher for over l5 years but, in the last few years, it has been difficult financially - a lot of people just don't want to pay and the gyms usually offer a package - i did the gym circuit for years - had a yoga studio in another state, moved to pa. and, with all my experience & education, well, i'm having trouble making a decent living - suggestions - are you a yoga-pilates teacher - fitness instructor? please email back - i NEED a support team - i'm thinking of ways to make money thru yoga all the time - just teaching - it isn't enough, unless i target only the wealthy clients - reply asap.

Try switching to hot yoga. It is the biggest caloric burn and most gyms do not offer it!

60 months ago

hi ryan, i've been teaching hot yoga, power yoga, hatha yoga, etc. - i keep going at it (hourly rate $60 average) haven't made the type of money i want to yet and i've been teaching for years - yoga is good - need more clients that understand this

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

caren ross in Ambler, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

hi m in phila., where in philly r u? how much do you charge for an hour of yoga? let me know, are u staying in pa?

Mihir in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

59 months ago

yes I am in philadelphia...the charge depends on whether group or personal instructor....
do you wish to learn or you too a professional.....m a biomedical engineer too !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

hi mihir, interesting that you're in philly - where?
are you presently teaching?
i'm a teacher over 15 years - seeking new situation - business partner to make more money, let me know more

59 months ago

Hi Caren !!
I am new in Philly and I have taught yoga in India for sometime. Though I am not all that experienced as you are but yes to give a rough idea of how I used to teach and how much I used to, I will give you little information on that:-
Have conducted several:
1] 1-day health camps ( like respiratory, cardiac, diabetes, obesity, pregnancy, stress management, relaxation, weight management, concentration improvement, etc )
2] 2- day camps as well.
3] 7- day better yoga camps
4] 21- day better living with yoga camps.
5] private one-to-one training also I have given to many.

I would be interested in partnering with such an experienced person like you but have a small constraint which is , I have come here as a student at Drexel University to complete my Masters in Biomedical Engineering. So I can help you full time only during the vacations and part time during the rest of the time.

Mihir.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

hi mihir/are you in west philly near drexel? want to talk on phone? give no. and i'll call you and we can see how it goes.

59 months ago

this forum doesnt allow phone no to be given
give me ur email id wil mail u

59 months ago

ok, your email please

59 months ago

its:
mihirshah1207@gmail.com

hemantkumarsharma in Delhi, India

59 months ago

hemantks66@gmail.com. My heartly wish is to spread the basic concept of yoga so i want to go in every country of the word.Becouse financialy I am not so strong so i want the offers from the word.If the word will invite me it would be an honour for me and responsibility to give a candle to word to get rid of the problem 'THE GLOBAL WARMING through the basic concept of yoga.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Yoga mentor / partner in Chicago, Illinois

55 months ago

Hi, I live in Chicago's NorthWest side (by Jefferson Park-Craigin-BrickTown) - And would like to find a yoga partner or mentor. I am a teacher working on my 500hr Teacher Training certificate, yet, would like to find someone with mutual interest to practice with and exchange knowledge.
thank you - shakti414@yahoo.com

55 months ago

Mihir in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: its:
mihirshah1207@gmail.com

hi mihir - haven't been on forum in long time - wanted to say hello and - how are things going? are u still in phila?
maybe we can talk yoga and pick up where we
left off???
let me know your feelings.

55 months ago

this is 4 about 3 yogis/yoginis online
a) melissa - how is your yoga practice going? u live right near me - want to connect?
b) personally, in all the years i've taught, i have not found anyone else who is interested in being a "yoga teacher" -
c) i love the idea of a yoga "tutor" and yoga "camp"
- for those who have mentioned this idea please expand -
mihir - u've mentioned "yoga" camp - excellent idea - tell more.
also, for chicago, would u want to (could u) partner nationally?
namaste everyone

Yoga mentor / partner in Chicago, Illinois

55 months ago

Om-Shanti~

Can you define what does "national partner" mean? I'm intrigued!
-namaste

Brad in Kansas City, Missouri

54 months ago

carenmo@comcast.net in Ambler, Pennsylvania said: hi, glad you're interested in salaries/monies - i've done research and find that full time teachers make approx. $45,000 - $50,000
namaste

Here's the thing, I've done a lot of research too and what I've found is that yoga "instructors" make about this much, but yoga "teachers" make about half of this figure, anyone know what's up with that and what the difference is?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joepol in Arroyo Grande, California

52 months ago

I have been recently looking about straying away from teaching yoga and maybe selling yoga clothing. Any ideas about that. I see that www.mikayogawear.com is a new company doing the same thing.

Charlene in Auburn, Washington

52 months ago

Hanna in Seattle, Washington said: I will be pursuing a 500 hr bikram yoga certificate this year(very excited!) and would like to know what I should expect to ask for as a recent graduate.
Help.

Thanks,

Hannah,
Are you teaching yet? I am going to be opening a studio soon in Seattle. Interested in finding certified teachers. You can email me at littlec1221@aol.com

52 months ago

joepol in Arroyo Grande, California said: I have been recently looking about straying away from teaching yoga and maybe selling yoga clothing. Any ideas about that. I see that www.mikayogawear.com is a new company doing the same thing.

hi, i find the yoga clothing, (product), idea great. . .have you started and how is it going? Do you buy inventory and do you do your own sales? I'm an instructor in PA and i love associated yoga products, especially clothing. Let me know how things are going and whether or not you're pursuing this. I'm always looking to make more income.
Hope to hear from you soon.
best!
caren ross

joseph in Pawtucket, Rhode Island

50 months ago

Host said: What are typical yoga instructor salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

tht is weirod

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.