opening a group home

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 54)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

neal shaw in Clearfield, Pennsylvania

81 months ago

my wife and i have been working with @ risk youth for about 10 years and desire to open a group home of our own.we would appreciate any information on exactly how to go about this. what is the steps we have to take to get started

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (143) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

destiny arrington in Inkster, Michigan

73 months ago

email me your number at preciouscare@comcast.net, we can help you!!! are website is under construction www.grouphomepros.com ok talk to you soon!! Mr&Mrs. Arrington

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mr@mrs.arrington in Jacksonville, Florida

66 months ago

yes my name is john and i wont to get my own group home started i need some good exvise from someone like you to get it up and running my wife have 15 year's exprince at taking care of mental challange people what step do we need to take on getting a place for them or do we need to try to get grant's this is our drem one day to have a grouphome because we love to care for people that's really in needed of care and of loveplease help me make our dreamcome true thank's so john i live in live oak florida 32008

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

destiny arrington in Inkster, Michigan

66 months ago

Hey john

we would be glad to help you. We love owning and running are homes email us at Preciouscare@comcast.net and we will give you are number Jason/Destiny... Talk to you soon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tomas in Norristown, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

I'm in the process of trying to find grants and help to open my own group home myself so please let me know if anyone has tips. I actually work with kids...i have worked with truancy, dentention centers, at risk youth, behavioral/mental,etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Rjandersonwest in Bakersfield, California

50 months ago

I have written group home and other residential programs for many people here in California. I do have knowledge of the group home business and the steps needed to complete and impliment the process successfully. If you decide to contact me, please put Group Information in the subject line. Good Luck with your new venture.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Rjandersonwest in Bakersfield, California

50 months ago

mr@mrs.arrington in Jacksonville, Florida said: yes my name is john and i wont to get my own group home started i need some good exvise from someone like you to get it up and running my wife have 15 year's exprince at taking care of mental challange people what step do we need to take on getting a place for them or do we need to try to get grant's this is our drem one day to have a grouphome because we love to care for people that's really in needed of care and of loveplease help me make our dreamcome true thank's so john i live in live oak florida 32008

I have written group home and other residential programs for many people here in California. I do have knowledge of the group home business and the steps needed to complete and impliment the process successfully. If you decide to contact me, please put Group Information in the subject line. Good Luck with your new venture.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mark in Los Angeles, California

43 months ago

sydney in Sarasota, Florida said: hi my name is sydney...
im only 15 and me myself is an foster child living in an group home right now...
but the whole reason why i am doing this is because i would just love to be an youth care worker when i grow up...
im looking up everythang about youth care workers so i can be ready for when im grown...
if someone is reading this an is an youth care worker or know a little about the foster care system can you please get email me the information...
thank you for your time

Hey Sydney
I am not in the foster care system - nor do i work in group homes - etc - but - Ive been a volunteer youth coach for 30 years or so - a camp counselor for 8 summers - etc - and I just wanted to tell you that there is no greater thing you can do in your life than to help kids when they need someone to be there for them in bad times - etc - my point is - keep on keeping on - soon you will be out of there and maybe going off to college - your life will greatly improve and you will grow wings when you help others - i know - i am living proof. God Bless You - stay strong - better days ahead. LOve and Peace Mark-Studio City - CA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ramon in Fresno, California

39 months ago

Rjandersonwest in Bakersfield, California said: I have written group home and other residential programs for many people here in California. I do have knowledge of the group home business and the steps needed to complete and impliment the process successfully. If you decide to contact me, please put Group Information in the subject line. Good Luck with your new venture.

Sorry, my last post was to the person in Bakersfiled that has experience in wring group home and programs but I wil take good, quality informatin from anyone. Thanks Ramon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jemar Planters in Bluebell, Utah

38 months ago

mark in Los Angeles, California said: Hey Sydney
I am not in the foster care system - nor do i work in group homes - etc - but - Ive been a volunteer youth coach for 30 years or so - a camp counselor for 8 summers - etc - and I just wanted to tell you that there is no greater thing you can do in your life than to help kids when they need someone to be there for them in bad times - etc - my point is - keep on keeping on - soon you will be out of there and maybe going off to college - your life will greatly improve and you will grow wings when you help others - i know - i am living proof. God Bless You - stay strong - better days ahead. LOve and Peace Mark-Studio City - CA

Helping at-risk kids is indeed very fulfilling especially for someone who is still young like Sydney. This troubled teens really do need all the help they can get, specifically from their parents and loved ones firsthand. Professionals and at-risk youth programs should only be the last option since afterall, it is the parents who should first positively teach their kids. But initially, it is important to know whether our kids are at risk or not, this info might be helpful - www.atriskyouthprograms.com/youth-programs/what-is-an-at-risk-youth.html
Group homes area a great idea but those who run it should always keep in mind that the thought of helping others through it is more fulfilling than thinking of how much they'll earn because of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Tallahassee, Florida

37 months ago

Hi Sydney i work in the child welfare system and may be able to answer your questions although each state is a bit different. What are you wanting to know?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dewayne in San Francisco, California

37 months ago

Hello, I've worked as a youth counselor for at-risk youths for 5 years and would like to open my own youth group homeS in CA. and FL. I am seeking helpful information on how to get started and funding.I can be contacted at dewayne4worldpeace@gmail.com Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dewayne in San Francisco, California

37 months ago

Rjandersonwest in Bakersfield, California said: I have written group home and other residential programs for many people here in California. I do have knowledge of the group home business and the steps needed to complete and impliment the process successfully. If you decide to contact me, please put Group Information in the subject line. Good Luck with your new venture.

I am interested.. how can I contact you? my email is dewayne4worldpeace@gmail.com Thanks

Heather in Oceanside, California

33 months ago

Rjandersonwest: I really want to open a group home and saw that you have experience with writing programs, etc. Is there any way you can email me so we can talk about this? My email is BeachBum2510@cox.net I would love your expertise. You can also call me at seven six zero, eight four two, three seven zero two.

Thanks so much! Hope to talk to you soon.

Latoya in Oakland, California

32 months ago

I too am interested in opening a group home. I really would like to talk to someone that knows how to write a program. I see that Rjandersonwest has done this in the past. Please feel to email me with any contact info;
garylgoins@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for any and all replys.

austind9999 in Delaware, Ohio

32 months ago

I'm only 15 but I plan on going to college for my social work and business degrees to start my own youth foster care group home to help. I just have no idea where to start. Any help please email me at emailme@urlti.me
with any help you can give. Thank you in advance for any help. Also if you have gone through these systems please email me your story or links and what you liked about the group homes and what you would want changed.

chawes in Columbus, Ohio

28 months ago

I too would love to find out how to open a group home in California. My email address is hawes_cheryl@yahoo.com.

Thank you,

Rosanda in Bakersfield, California

28 months ago

Check out my page........Black Wall Street the Urban Market Place. I am doing a series on group homes. If you cant find it email me at rjandersonwest@yahoo.com

Tammy Workman in Tallahassee, Florida

28 months ago

Heather in Oceanside, California said: Rjandersonwest: I really want to open a group home and saw that you have experience with writing programs, etc. Is there any way you can email me so we can talk about this? My email is BeachBum2510@cox.net I would love your expertise. You can also call me at seven six zero, eight four two, three seven zero two.

Can you use this blog to teach all of us what you know maybe a little daily or create a group list through yahoo and place docs there. i am in Florida and have child welfare knowledge and have helped others look into basic info of starting a group home/transition home but having someone to give suggestions and warnings is unbeatable. Thanks either way. I have other people who are interested and also aged out of care like me who I would invite to the group if you did.

28 months ago

Heather in Oceanside, California said: Rjandersonwest: I really want to open a group home and saw that you have experience with writing programs, etc. Is there any way you can email me so we can talk about this? My email is BeachBum2510@cox.net I would love your expertise. You can also call me at seven six zero, eight four two, three seven zero two.

Can you use this blog to teach all of us what you know maybe a little daily or create a group list through yahoo and place docs there. i am in Florida and have child welfare knowledge and have helped others look into basic info of starting a group home/transition home but having someone to give suggestions and warnings is unbeatable. Thanks either way. I have other people who are interested and also aged out of care like me who I would invite to the group if you did.

28 months ago

The information that I post on my FB page, I will transfer here as well. Hope this helps.

28 months ago

Due to budget cuts, California does charge a fee. Orientations are held periodically throughout the year. Here in California, they are held at various Community Care Licensing agency sites.

I will attach the link for your resource binder.

www.ccld.ca.gov/PG2918.htm

Part 3 Group Home Program Statement

28 months ago

You my dear Rosanda are AWESOME!!! I did not expect such a quick response. I am moving this weekend but will begin reading over this as i can after my night classes :)

Thank you so much!!

28 months ago

More to come! Stay tuned.

P Williams in Jacksonville, Florida

25 months ago

I'm researching the process for opening a group home for young girls in Florida. I've verified the state requirements but still have a few questions. Generally how long do the children remain in a home? Do they remain until they reach a certain age? Does the Department of Children and Families provide a monthly amount to cover the cost of care? Are the children entitled to Medicaid/Florida Healthy Kids or would I have to acquire private insurance on their behalf? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ms jones in Euclid, Ohio

24 months ago

Okay, I have been working on opening up a girl group home in Columbus Ohio but there is really no help out here on how to start one. I went onto the ODJFS website and called with no lead way or help and I was told that's who could help me with the guideline on how to open one up. Please if someone can reach out to me who has one or who can help me with the first steps on where to start,this will be a blessing. I lend out my rooms that are in my home right now to help a lot of teenage girls with child who have no where to go and I really need help so I can open up a building home to help out the rest who are in the need to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

P Williams in Jacksonville, Florida

24 months ago

ms jones in Euclid, Ohio said: Okay, I have been working on opening up a girl group home in Columbus Ohio but there is really no help out here on how to start one. I went onto the ODJFS website and called with no lead way or help and I was told that's who could help me with the guideline on how to open one up. Please if someone can reach out to me who has one or who can help me with the first steps on where to start,this will be a blessing. I lend out my rooms that are in my home right now to help a lot of teenage girls with child who have no where to go and I really need help so I can open up a building home to help out the rest who are in the need to.

Hello,
Here is a link for the Ohio Statutes that dictate some of the requirements for a residential group home.jfs.ohio.gov/ocf/GeneralRequirementandInformationOnFosterCare.stm
Hopefully this will give you some form of guidance. Your local zoning department, Department of Children and Families,and Department of Health can provide additional inspection/licensing requirements.
Be Blessed :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brenda Lowery in Srone Mountain, Georgia

23 months ago

My husband and I of 17 yrs need assistance in applying for grants to open a home to help the homeless by becoming self sufficient again. I was just given a six bedroom home to make my dream a reality. I always wanted to have a home to help the people that I see living on the streets and to be able to feed and clothe them. If anyone on this thread can give me some guidance in how I can get this started it will be very well appreciated. Thanking you in advance... brendalowery40@gmail.com

DJS in Columbus, Ohio

21 months ago

ms jones in Euclid, Ohio said: Wow I thank you for your resource and this was a big blessing to me. Thanks again and have a bless day to!

MsJones are you still around? I would like to exchange information with you concerning group homes in ohio. Please email me at djwov@hotmail.com

DJS in Columbus, Ohio

21 months ago

ms jones in Euclid, Ohio said: Okay, I have been working on opening up a girl group home in Columbus Ohio but there is really no help out here on how to start one. I went onto the ODJFS website and called with no lead way or help and I was told that's who could help me with the guideline on how to open one up. Please if someone can reach out to me who has one or who can help me with the first steps on where to start,this will be a blessing. I lend out my rooms that are in my home right now to help a lot of teenage girls with child who have no where to go and I really need help so I can open up a building home to help out the rest who are in the need to.

Please email me at djwov@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ms jones in Cleveland, Ohio

21 months ago

Can you please help me?

DJS in Columbus, Ohio

21 months ago

ms jones in Cleveland, Ohio said: Can you please help me?

Sure, I will share what information I have, my email is DJWOV@hotmail.com please feel free to email me, or you can let me know what your email address is and I can email you.

T Marshall in Bolingbrook, Illinois

20 months ago

Greetings! I am a Special Education teacher pursuing a certification in Applied Behavior Analysis. It has long since been a goal of mine to open a residential facility / group home for individuals with special needs. I am in the western suburbs of Chicago and am finding it difficult to find information on how to go about starting up. If anyone who has been through the process would be willing to share any advice or information I would be more than appreciative. I work with a very severe population and have been asked several times from families I work with about residential services and group homes as most places they have found are full or have extensive waiting lists. It would be a dream come true to be able to open a facility that would be able to help these families. Thanks in advance for any help or direction you can provide!

T.n.johnson in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

20 months ago

Hi everyone , I am very interested in opening a group home in Pennsylvania but as most of us have found, the research we do comes up with no answers on how to begin. I work at a psychiatric hospital and have been for the past 5 years and it breaks my heart when kids are dumped there and have no place to go and are waiting for months on some type of placement. There is an extreme need for homes for these teens and that's why I was interested in starting up a group home of my own. I hate to see teens with no place to go and no hope. So I was interested in starting a group home for teenage girls that has more of a family feel than a residential placement feel. If anyone has any information, or wants to share ideas I would be open to anything and appreciate it so much. You can email me at t.n.johnson@aol.com I look forward to speaking with you guys.

shonette in Conyers, Georgia

20 months ago

I am wanted some help by getting the right info on opening group homes for teens .the lord has bless me with love for children and i just want to see it threw here in Georgia.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lakeisha in Tampa, Florida

20 months ago

neal shaw in Clearfield, Pennsylvania said: my wife and i have been working with @ risk youth for about 10 years and desire to open a group home of our own.we would appreciate any information on exactly how to go about this. what is the steps we have to take to get started

Hello I am a consultant for opening group homes I can be reached by email at lak_med1@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Barbara in Tucson, Arizona

18 months ago

I have several years of therapeutic foster care experience and was recently propositioned by my long time (20+yrs) to combine our "forces" and open a group home. I have been researching for several days and have found a lot of contradictory confusing information. Should I buy a "group home guidebook" or is there an easier way to go about this? We have a house and with our desire to help, my experience and her credit I feel we have a strong foundation I just don't know where to go and would hate to let this opportunity slip away because we don't know the appropriate steps or the order to follow. Thanks my email is maddenna@yahoo.com

lakeisha in Winter Park, Florida

18 months ago

Looking for experienced help for opening up a group home contact exceptional consultants. Lak_med2@yahoo.com

rumia in Keego Harbor, Michigan

17 months ago

neal shaw in Clearfield, Pennsylvania said: my wife and i have been working with @ risk youth for about 10 years and desire to open a group home of our own.we would appreciate any information on exactly how to go about this. what is the steps we have to take to get started

Try startafosterhome.com. They have all the program materials necessary for you to start a facility in any State.

17 months ago

lakeisha in Winter Park, Florida said: Looking for experienced help for opening up a group home contact exceptional consultants. Lak_med2@yahoo.com

Try www.startafosterhome.com. They have all the program materials necessary for you to start a adult foster home, group home or personal care home in any State. They have instant downloads of their items and you can modify them to your liking. Content written by professionals includes program material, personnel policies and essential forms. You can also get free consultation at: www.flaggassociates.com

17 months ago

Barbara in Tucson, Arizona said: I have several years of therapeutic foster care experience and was recently propositioned by my long time (20+yrs) to combine our "forces" and open a group home. I have been researching for several days and have found a lot of contradictory confusing information. Should I buy a "group home guidebook" or is there an easier way to go about this? We have a house and with our desire to help, my experience and her credit I feel we have a strong foundation I just don't know where to go and would hate to let this opportunity slip away because we don't know the appropriate steps or the order to follow. Thanks my email is maddenna@yahoo.com

Try www.startafosterhome.com. They have all the program materials necessary for you to start a adult foster home, group home or personal care home in any State. They have instant downloads of their items and you can modify them to your liking. Content written by professionals includes program material, personnel policies and essential forms. You can also get free consultation at: www.flaggassociates.com

17 months ago

shonette in Conyers, Georgia said: I am wanted some help by getting the right info on opening group homes for teens .the lord has bless me with love for children and i just want to see it threw here in Georgia.

17 months ago

T.n.johnson in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi everyone , I am very interested in opening a group home in Pennsylvania but as most of us have found, the research we do comes up with no answers on how to begin. I work at a psychiatric hospital and have been for the past 5 years and it breaks my heart when kids are dumped there and have no place to go and are waiting for months on some type of placement. There is an extreme need for homes for these teens and that's why I was interested in starting up a group home of my own. I hate to see teens with no place to go and no hope. So I was interested in starting a group home for teenage girls that has more of a family feel than a residential placement feel. If anyone has any information, or wants to share ideas I would be open to anything and appreciate it so much. You can email me at t.n.johnson@aol.com I look forward to speaking with you guys.

17 months ago

DJS in Columbus, Ohio said: MsJones are you still around? I would like to exchange information with you concerning group homes in ohio. Please email me at djwov@hotmail.com

17 months ago

T.n.johnson in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi everyone , I am very interested in opening a group home in Pennsylvania but as most of us have found, the research we do comes up with no answers on how to begin. I work at a psychiatric hospital and have been for the past 5 years and it breaks my heart when kids are dumped there and have no place to go and are waiting for months on some type of placement. There is an extreme need for homes for these teens and that's why I was interested in starting up a group home of my own. I hate to see teens with no place to go and no hope. So I was interested in starting a group home for teenage girls that has more of a family feel than a residential placement feel. If anyone has any information, or wants to share ideas I would be open to anything and appreciate it so much. You can email me at t.n.johnson@aol.com I look forward to speaking with you guys.

17 months ago

Tammy Workman in Tallahassee, Florida said: Can you use this blog to teach all of us what you know maybe a little daily or create a group list through yahoo and place docs there. i am in Florida and have child welfare knowledge and have helped others look into basic info of starting a group home/transition home but having someone to give suggestions and warnings is unbeatable. Thanks either way. I have other people who are interested and also aged out of care like me who I would invite to the group if you did.

17 months ago

Jansa Williams in Baltimore, Maryland said: try: www.grouphomeguidebook.com

ernestgflagg in Keego Harbor, Michigan

17 months ago

Diamond in Detroit, Michigan

10 months ago

Hi I live in Detroit MI and I would like to open my own Youth Foster Group Home. I have been trying to read up on the steps, however I'm getting no where!!! Does any have the know how, if so will you please share this information with me. Thank you in advance!

jocelynw in Lancaster, California

9 months ago

Hi Rjanderson, My name is Jocelyn and I am very interested in starting a group home and I need all the help you can probably provide. Please email me with you contact information.

Thanks

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.