Best companies to work for in Akron?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What companies are fueling growth in Akron? Why are they a great employer?

Reply - Report abuse

Nelle in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

90 months ago

Companies that are hiring

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Itsme in Cuy Falls, OH

90 months ago

There are no companies hiring in Akron. The very few that exist are mainly temp engineering or highly technical here and there jobs. The economy and jobs in NE Ohio are bad and Akron is the worst! I've lived there for 52 years and have never seen it this bad. I moved to SC to look for work in the Charleston, SC or Raliegh, NC area. I live now in Myrtle Beach with family and jobs are more plentiful here but they pay nothing and are all service low end jobs.

Just my 2 cents! If anyone out there needs a director for online publishing, training and or business development (sales) let me know. I need a job badly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

SPD in Barberton, Ohio

75 months ago

Obviously not the builders. Most of them are lucky to still be in business!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rathernotsay in San Diego, California

69 months ago

Stay out of Akron. It is the absolute worst for employment. Thank God that there are good social services or this area would already be completely belly up. All there are are failing manufacturing companies and the only growth areas are teleservices companies where employment is a revolving door, the wages are crap, and there are no benefits. Don't walk, run from this area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Itsmewhoelse in Akron, Ohio

69 months ago

AGREE

I live here and I agree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Latona in Akron, Ohio

69 months ago

I have live in akron for 53 years and jobs are Bad I cant even get a job it is very hard. I hope it get better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hmeyers in Wadsworth, Ohio

13 months ago

I grew up in the area. Joined the military 20 years ago and had been away. I moved back two years after getting a job with the Cleveland Clinic, but I have grown to really hate my job, department has changed so much. With healthcare reform going through now, no other oportunities elsewhere in the clinic. I feel like Iam stuck, cause I know the akron area is not so good.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.