Looking to leave California and Albuquerque is on my list of places to consider.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Harley Earl in Rohnert Park, California

56 months ago

Both my wife and I are native Californians but we have had enough of over taxation and regulation. Albuquerque is on our short list of possible destinations. Job's of course are a consideration and I am a Network Engineer and former programmer with 20+ years experiance.
I've done some research and the weather seems to be what we are looking for, lots of sun and little rain/snow.
Crime rate seens a little high but compared to parts of california that's nothing.
I'm looking for advice on where are the nice places to live. Home price would be in the 150k - 200k ballpark.
Also trying to figure what the job market is like.
Any information would be appriciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

trevorv in Vancouver, British Columbia

53 months ago

It's funny you say that, because California is one of the three regions that people move to ABQ from. The other two are Texas and NYC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

trevorv in Vancouver, British Columbia

53 months ago

Try for jobs in the high tech sector (11% of jobs) or at the University (they usually pay well)

northstar in Alamogordo, New Mexico

44 months ago

Cali, TX, and NYC ARE top players here but be ready for the Hispanic presents and remember this IS a desert ! 10+ years and you won't get me out of here, I fell south from Montana, the sun hasn't let ME down!!!!! Born in Marin too!!!!

NorthStar

northstar in Alamogordo, New Mexico

44 months ago

Cali, TX, and NYC ARE top players here but be ready for the Hispanic presents and remember this IS a desert ! 10+ years and you won't get me out of here, I fell south from Montana, the sun hasn't let ME down!!!!! Born in Marin too!!!!

NorthStar

jackie in Albuquerque, New Mexico

6 months ago

Hi.. I moved here from Colorado and currently live on the Westside.... of the river.
I like it here because the homes are newer and the power lines are buried. Rio Rancho is a suburb North of here and is also nice but even newer.. so it lacks trees but the view of the mountains is spectacular. Living in the Bosque (tree place along the river) is great if you have millions. Other regular people like the NE Heights and others like the UNM - Nob hill area..
Best wishes and welcome..
It is not that easy to get used to living here. Took me over 5 years,but I am happy here now for sure.
Jackie

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.