Up and coming jobs in Asheville

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Host

What jobs are on the rise in Asheville?

Reply - Report abuse

Chris Miller in Gainesville, Virginia

82 months ago

I will be moving back to Asheville very soon. Love any kind of maintenance work. I'm a jack of all trades. Just really need a job when I get there. I'm willing to work. Please contact me ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tamika Mcdonald in west palm beach, Florida

82 months ago

Chris Miller in Gainesville, Virginia said: I will be moving back to Asheville very soon. Love any kind of maintenance work. I'm a jack of all trades. Just really need a job when I get there. I'm willing to work. Please contact me ...

Mr. Miller we have openings that you need to take a look at
we have a proven track record of making millionares www.greatjoboptions.com contact us @www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/davidmcdonald

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

26 in Sylva, North Carolina

82 months ago

Chris Miller in Gainesville, Virginia said: I will be moving back to Asheville very soon. Love any kind of maintenance work. I'm a jack of all trades. Just really need a job when I get there. I'm willing to work. Please contact me ...

Mission Hospitals has one opening and Blue Ridge Bone and Joint which is a large orthopedic office.

rtjobs.allhealthcarejobs.com/aspx/IndeedJobs.aspx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lt in Port Saint Joe, Florida

77 months ago

I am a NC native living in Florida. I would like to return back to NC and live in or around Asheville. There is no way I can do this without employment. I am looking for administrative assistant/secretary positions. If you know of someone who is in need of this type help please let me know. I really appreciate the help. I am so ready to return home.
Of course then someone will have to help me find a place to live : )
Thanks
Terese

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

give.back in Arden, North Carolina

75 months ago

I have been in Ashevill just over two months now. I come from the Marketing and Advertising world where I was a recruiter. Over the past ten yrs though I have a great deal of recruiting experience in Web Technology, c# .Net, Java, Flash and this is with a number 1 Internet company that operates several successful web-sites. I bet I have submitted my resume, followed-up resubmitted and I just cannot for the life of me generate a decent interview. I had one that brought me in for a position that was a Director, Internet and it turned out to be a car lor generating leads. That was low-budget. I have lowered my salary expectations significantly, I have great references, my cover letter is great. In fact, I have started looking at route sales jobs and still, nothing. I can maybe go 1 more month without work then I have to leave. Suggestions are appreciated. Thx!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Isolde Curry in Asheville, North Carolina

74 months ago

I'm interested in any police officer position, preferably in or around Buncombe County, NC. Unfortunately, it is financially impossible for me to relocate elsewhere right now. I am an Asheville native and have completed the Basic Law Enforcement Training at A-B Tech Community College in December 2007. I worked for Fletcher Police Department from January 2008 until July 2008.

My supervisors stated they felt I didn't have enough confidence for the job at the time. Because of that and the current economic situation, I have been applying at various police departments around WNC, but have been unable to find another job in Asheville. My BLET certification is set to expire at the end of July. I am worried I will not be able to find a job before then.

I feel I was not trained properly, in Fletcher. My supervisors did not know how to train me and were not very focused on me due to existing political turmoil involving the former chief of police.

I am a determined and dedicated person. I will make any police department an excellent employee. Please feel free to contact me with any information or questions you may have. Thank you very much.

Isolde Curry
isoldeacurry@bellsouth.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Betsy Duls in Hendersonville, North Carolina

73 months ago

I am looking for a caaregiver/private sitter in the Hendersonville area. I am honest and dependable, reliable and loyal. I am a hard worker and would love to take the utmost care of an elderly patiet.
They have so much to offer us if we just listen.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Grace in Parlin, New Jersey

72 months ago

Well, i've been considering moving there for quite some time. I read the comments, blogs and the frustration of many who have tried different techniques in job hunting. I too, have tried to land an interview which I know for the positions I applied for, I'm more than qualified and have a lot to offer. For such a beautiful place and seemingly a great place to balance your work home and social life, there are so many obstacles waiting for you at every trn. Not very progressive, I can assure. I read the comment from someone who mentioned about Ingles, Biltmore Estates, etc and I have to agree with him. One supermarket that seems to be their claim to fame, not many attractions. ( ivisited the artzy downtown area- disappointed). Please folks, a wealth of talent in various forms, faces nuances is waiting to descend upon your beautiful city, but you folks won't let us in! ummmm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

used to live in western nc in Charlotte, North Carolina

71 months ago

Grace in Parlin, New Jersey said: Well, i've been considering moving there for quite some time. I read the comments, blogs and the frustration of many who have tried different techniques in job hunting. I too, have tried to land an interview which I know for the positions I applied for, I'm more than qualified and have a lot to offer. For such a beautiful place and seemingly a great place to balance your work home and social life, there are so many obstacles waiting for you at every trn. Not very progressive, I can assure. I read the comment from someone who mentioned about Ingles, Biltmore Estates, etc and I have to agree with him. One supermarket that seems to be their claim to fame, not many attractions. ( ivisited the artzy downtown area- disappointed). Please folks, a wealth of talent in various forms, faces nuances is waiting to descend upon your beautiful city, but you folks won't let us in! ummmm

ummmm? you ever hear of a recession? Asheville is mainly a service driven job environment. It lives on the tourist trade. The few tech jobs there have been hid hard. I was laid off back in October and have been looking ever since. Had to move to Charlotte to live with family.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie Fox in Hendersonville, North Carolina

60 months ago

Maybe we can get together. I have an IT background, but there is no IT jobs unless you have tons of experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Debbie Fox in Hendersonville, North Carolina

60 months ago

give.back in Arden, North Carolina said: I have been in Ashevill just over two months now. I come from the Marketing and Advertising world where I was a recruiter. Over the past ten yrs though I have a great deal of recruiting experience in Web Technology, c# .Net, Java, Flash and this is with a number 1 Internet company that operates several successful web-sites. I bet I have submitted my resume, followed-up resubmitted and I just cannot for the life of me generate a decent interview. I had one that brought me in for a position that was a Director, Internet and it turned out to be a car lor generating leads. That was low-budget. I have lowered my salary expectations significantly, I have great references, my cover letter is great. In fact, I have started looking at route sales jobs and still, nothing. I can maybe go 1 more month without work then I have to leave. Suggestions are appreciated. Thx!

We should get together.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.