Community

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Working Marietta in Tampa, Florida

31 months ago

I am moving to Marietta for work. My family and I are looking for a higher end neighborhood with a reasonable commute to Marietta (wildwood pkwy area). Would also like a sense of community, restaurants, shopping, activity, etc nearby. Any recommendations ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

squirrelonfire in Atlanta, Georgia

30 months ago

Vinning off Paces Ferry Road. This is an old neighborhood. But the people who live here own houses over half a million bucks.
Houses around Ridge road (off atlanta road). Or the new neighborhood at the intersection of atlanta road and spring road. The houses there are new and the neighborhood has been revived by Cobb county. All roads are repainted, repaved. You will also see new condos and houses are built on atlanta road.

If you take atlanta road all the way to cobb county water, there's the cobb public swimming pool, delta credit union, spsu.
The neighborhood is very rich.

To be honest, there are not any good restaurants around Marietta period. But hey if you consider Papa doe is a good restaurant, then there u go.

Shopping - home depot, publix, groger, wallgreen, cumberland mall is next to Vining, Atlanta cycling

No activity really. Atlanta cycling has the regular biking schedule on sat and sun that's all I know.

Traffic - from Vining, you would take cumberland parkway all the way to wildwood parkway. about 5 miles to it but then the road is practically empty, so you won't get any traffic.

If I know how much money you have for houses, then I can tell you where can you live.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

squirrelonfire in Atlanta, Georgia

30 months ago

You're right about school. I completely forgot. This is the most prestigious high school around Vining.

www.lovett.org/

Campbell high school blows, don't go there. Your kids will end up with better education at charter school than campbell. Yes it is further away but it is worth it.

The tuition is 3 times more the GA Tech's tuition.

You want your kids to go to GATech or gastate. Most executives at Coca cola went to GA Tech. I never worked at other companies but if your boss goes to Tech, would he rather hire a tech grad? oh yeah.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RightFit_Resume Writer in Marietta, Georgia

30 months ago

East Cobb is a great location for you if you have a family. My husband works about 9 miles south of Wildwood and it takes him only 15-20 min to get from our home in East Cobb to his job. I say that East Cobb is a great location because the schools in EAST COBB (not all of COBB) are wonderful. If you check on your favorite school ranking web site you will see that these schools are the top public schools in the state/metro area. You will also find that there are a number of wonderful neighborhoods of various price ranges here.

If you are single, or a couple without children that want to live uptempo urban life without living in a down town setting then Vinnings is a great choice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

tt in Atlanta, Georgia

26 months ago

Well, before you jump the gun squirelonfire. I am a GT mechanical engineer graduate and coca-cola has not even called me in months for the jobs i applied for. I worked with them on a senior design project and they have not given me the time in the day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

squirrelonfire in Lilburn, Georgia

26 months ago

I

tt in Atlanta, Georgia said: Well, before you jump the gun squirelonfire. I am a GT mechanical engineer graduate and coca-cola has not even called me in months for the jobs i applied for. I worked with them on a senior design project and they have not given me the time in the day.

Which job tittle did you apply? I can find out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tt in Atlanta, Georgia

26 months ago

squirrelonfire in Lilburn, Georgia said: I

Which job tittle did you apply? I can find out.

It is was an project or principle engineering position. How can find out? Do you work there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

squirrelonfire in Smyrna, Georgia

26 months ago

Is it principle engineering I or II? Also which location did you apply? Coca Cola Plaza downtown or Wildwood 2500 or 3200?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tt in Fairburn, Georgia

26 months ago

Principal Engineer (Food Goods/Beverage)-HV051046 it is in atlanta.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.