Hire a felon, please!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (751 to 800 of 1180)
Page:  « First « Previous   13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next »   Last »

CM D 23 in Orangeburg, South Carolina

57 months ago

Sunrise in Bronx, New York said: my family has everything. my sister has a house, a car even a pet and there is almost everything in her house from plasma tv to play stations and games. my brother lives in pensylvania he also has everything, a nice apartment three cars and a family just like my sister. my little brother has an apartment a new baby, a car and a wife. i am the only one in my family who has nothing because of a criminal record. but i have made a decision. i will starve myself to death. i live in my mothers house and i will be homeless once she dies because i can't have the apartment because of a criminal record. i live in misery every day. i see people laughing and smiling every day but i am not happy and smiling. many people have died from famous people to regular people. many people die everyday in the army and if i die it doesn't matter. i will starve myself to death.

Please, please, please dont feel this way.. There is always hope..Life cant only be based on material things. Yes they are nice somtimes.. but that should not determine your happiness. There are several things u can do. What state do u live in???? How long ago are ur charges???? Where are u applying??? I know sum places that will hire u, depends on the time of ur offenses. There are some places that dont do background checks.. U may have to take a job ur overqualified for, just for a season or two...Life has many options out there and u cant let this keep u from striving.. You should pray..I will pray for u.. Please dont think like this

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

dach12 in Atlanta, Georgia said: I CAN'T FIND A JOB BECAUSE OF MY PAST.I SHOOT A GUY FOR STEALING. I KNOW IT WAS WRONG AT THE TIME,I ASK GOD 4 FORGIVENESS,AND I MEAN IT FROM MY HEART. I CAN'T EVEN GET A JOB AT BUGER KING. BUT I REFUSE TO GO BACK TO THE STREETS SELLING SLUM AGAIN. TO TELL YOU ALL THE TRUTH MY LIFE HAS BEEN SO GREAT WITH OUT THE NEGATIVITY.I'VE MASTER IT, ALL WE NEED IS GOD 1ST AND A PUSH, SOMETHING LIKE A GOOD FRIEND, A BACK BONE . SET TIGHT AND BE PATIATE HE WON'T BARE WHAT YOU CAN'T SPARE. SO DON'T WORRY IT'S A SIN TO WORRY JUST TRY AND PRAY TRY AND PRAY TRY AND PRAY JUST TRY AND PRAY GOD BLESS US ALL

AMEN! HALLELUJAH

57 months ago

Don in Muncie, Indiana said: Good to hear someone with a record doing well!
Have to agree it gets frustrating seeing those like celebs, politicians, and just those with cash getting away with worse things than get us labled for life. I let it get to me a bit, though that is only human.
I know of some employers around here that are forgiving after seven years (been about 4 for me) and that's good. I'm hoping the business ventures my wife and I are into and plan to get into can keep us going, but if not there will be something available. We have also learned to live more self sufficiently (chickens, veggie garden,etc.) since my trouble, so good things have resulted from a mostly bad situation. Indeed, individual attitudes can change things, and with some help from God it can all come together.

So true.. So true.. My husband and I are taking our taxes for the next 2 years and we are going to open a Thrift shop and a LOCK/KEY service.. There are many options out there.. Just have to execute.. Please dont eva give up.. Thats what SOCIETY wants. Good Luck to u and ur family.

Carolinaboy in Decatur, Georgia

57 months ago

Sunrise, I agree with CMD in Spartanburg S. C. it's not worth it. You have to get your mind off of negative thoughts like that, because it's only a trick of the "Devil". That's what the "Devil" want you to think, that you are a loser, failurer, convicted felon, worthless, etc; don't give the "Devil" the benefit of the victory. The victory is in Christ Jesus. You are a child of God, who created you in his own image. Don't let the "Devil" tell you differently.I encourage you to accept "Jesus Christ" as your Lord and Saviour and walk in his Light and Image. God will not put more on you than you can bare. If you starve yourself to death then the "Devil" wins. Jesus Christ died on the cross just for these types of things(sins),so why would you let his suffering be in vain. Please don't think like that, talk to someone(mother/pastor) about what's going on in your mind and heart. Think about it like this, you could be on the street, but a mother's love keeps you. Take all that negative thinking and turn it into some positive thoughts. Trust in "Christ Jesus" for everything and you will see that the things you're thinking about is small compared to what Jesus Christ died on the cross for. Let go and let God move in your situation.

God Bless You,
Carolina Boy

Lyngirl49 in Atlanta, Georgia

57 months ago

Did they the CENSUS give you a reason why they did not need you. Several people has filed a class action suit against them. Check with EEOC do your research on line.

Good Luck

ann in Winder, Georgia

57 months ago

Hi
I hear you saying what your family members have, to me i would not focus on that, my focus will be what i let come out of my mouth if you speak life, you will have and if you speak death you will have. your destination is in the power of your tongue. try praying and asking God what can you do to make it through this dry spell.Keep your mind on what you want and you will get it.

ann in Winder, Georgia

57 months ago

Hi
This is 2010 stay focus sunrise and just know if you speak life you will have it and if you speak death you will have it also. go in peace and speak life daily. Encourage your self and make it happen.

lynxsoneplacements in Conyers, Georgia

57 months ago

CM D 23 in Orangeburg, South Carolina said: AMEN! HALLELUJAH

praise god try this website.www.stemjps.com click on the events link.

god bless

Carolina Boy in Decatur, Georgia

57 months ago

CMD 23 is that the correct website. I attempted to pull it up, but I was unable to access it. Could you please confirm. Is this a website for jobs.

God Bless

57 months ago

CMD 23 is this website www.stemjps.com for jobs. I attempted to use it but I was unable to login into it. Please confirm the website and advice if it is for jobs.

God Bless,
Carolina Boy

transition in Roswell, Georgia

57 months ago

Any society that takes away the bread and butter from the table of people simply because of mistakes in life is committing murder. Therefore, laws without remedy are called oppression, hate, discrimination etc...
WHY! the foundation of human exsistance is survivble. Humans in thier right state of mind would not use law as a tool to torment the weak.
Punishment is justified when sentencing but life sentencing after penalty has been paid is not law. People who are trying to turn their lives around and do the right thing must not be ignored by society when they look for employment because society has the power to give them a chance to change their ways.
Law makers have been feeding on hate when they make choices that disable peoples opportunities.
People that have made mistakes in life are not animals they have just made wrong choices. Bad choices are made every day even by prestiges people in high society that affect everyboby and you law makers don't call it criminal. Its time to demonstrate and divert your GOD given power to heal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Are you a member of H.R.1529 Yahoo Support Group. If not join us please because you will be able to voice your opinon to the law makers and get something done. Several of us are working toward that. That's our goal to convince congress, all the lawmakers to sign this bill.

Pam

57 months ago

Hello Pam,
I am not a member of the Yahoo Support Group. How do I go about joining the(YSG)? Would you be so kind and email(mrtoneyram@yahoo.com) me some information about the group. I would love to get on aboard and assist in any way that I can to help get this bill signed and put into LAW!!! Something has to be done about this situation. It's not fair for people that made a mistake in life to be punished for life. I think it's "double jeopardy", you do your time, probation and still be executed by society. When you're incarcerated or at the Halfway House, all you hear the staff saying is(you have to be reinerated back into society) once you get back to society, they still treat you like you're not human. It's very stressful and frustrating when your P O is putting unwanted stress on you about finding a job and every place that you apply and get the interview, but only to be turned down because of the background check. I read so many stories on this website about people getting the job, working on the job but to later lose the job because of the background check. It's funny how politicians and rich people can just get a pat on the back when they make a bad decision in life, but we have to labeled for life and it's time for a "CHANGE".I was hoping there was a group out there that was trying to get the laws changed.Please email me, because there are some questions that I want to ask about the group.

God Bless You,
TRM

57 months ago

EVERYONE IN GEORGIA SPREAD THE WORD CONGRESSMAN HANK JOHNSON AND CONGRESSMAN DAVID SCOTT -ARE THE ONLY TWO THAT HAS BECOME CO-SPONSOR OF H. R. 1529. WHICH MEAN THEY SUPPORT THE EXPUNGEMENT OF NON-VIOLENT FEDERAL FELONY RECORDS. PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD AND TELL EVERYONE TO JOIN OUR WEBSITE H.R.1529 YAHOO SUPPORT GROUP. WE HAVE BEEN WORKING HARD FOR MONTHS IN AN EFFOR OF GETTING THIS BILL PASSED. SO IF YOU WANT YOUR FELONIES EXPUNGED GET ON BOARD AND JOIN FORCES THE MORE THE BETTER IT IS FOR ALL OF US WHO HAVE FELONIES.

Yolanda in Atlanta, Georgia

57 months ago

Yes I agree with most ex offender I am one myself Ga does not forgive. I trying to start my own business working with ex-offender really need help. If anybody has any ideas please email me.

Thanking you

57 months ago

Bob the toad tickler in Jonesboro, Georgia said: The only problem with storming Washington is the commotion that thousands of convicted felons would cause on our nations capital. I think that the solution is to lobby your states capital on a daily basis, we can protest around the country on a daily basis. I mean most convicted felons can't find work so what's the excuse about lobbying on the capital steps of every city? The problem seems to be organization and team work, we can do it and not with the help of unsympathetic people. So, I suggest that each and every one of us get off our asses and stop complaining and start researching law changes, congress, lobbying, etc.
PEACE

Yes I agree with you, we need to come together as one stop talkin. Everytime we apply for housing,job, education we are out cast in society. I need help bringing people together and change law please help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

True-Born in Charlotte, North Carolina

57 months ago

I agree! We always talking about things, but its leads to nothing. I am in the progress of starting a movement called Felons For Freedom. Although some of us may be in the streets, we are still confined and imprisoned in so many ways because of our convictions. It's time we "get of our asses" as you stated and TAKE whats ours. Look how much has been tooken from us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jason Looney in Groveland, Florida

57 months ago

The citizens who dont even have a felony have a hard time finding work, do you think they deserve less of a chance at a job then a felon? Simple logic says that companies (whenver they actually are hiring) would go for the person who has not had trouble with the law.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

I am asking for help and starting my own business working to change the law if people come together as one we can make a better life for ex-offender. I know people have so many ideas put them together and focus on change. Our voices need to be heard how do I get started that's my question to you. Email me I check it everyday.

Thanking you

Don in Muncie, Indiana

57 months ago

Jason Looney in Groveland, Florida said: The citizens who dont even have a felony have a hard time finding work, do you think they deserve less of a chance at a job then a felon? Simple logic says that companies (whenver they actually are hiring) would go for the person who has not had trouble with the law.

Simple economics says the person who has the best chance at helping the company make money would be hired. This would involve a cost benefit analysis of all factors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Simple logic also says the person exhibiting the least amount of risk for the company would be a better choice in the companies eyes. Person A has an assault charge and a bachelors degree.

Person B has no record and has a long tenure at their previous employer in the same field.

Am I going to hire person A who may have anger issues and could potentially assault a fellow co-worker? No I'm goign with person A who has longevity and experience with no risk factor for my business

57 months ago

no I'm going with *Person b who has longevity and experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Don in Muncie, Indiana

57 months ago

You just laid out a hypothetical scenario as I suggested, only extremely simplified.

Also no person could possibly be "no risk factor for my business."

In either case, person A can find better ways to make money than working for a person who takes so few factors into account when making business decisions.

So in this case the manager loses out on an employee that could have made his short sited business :)

57 months ago

Thats what it all boils down to in job applications obviously or else this forum wouldnt exist.

If person A spells sighted as "sited" then person A has got another thing working against them.

Don in Muncie, Indiana

57 months ago

In this case person A has other things to do than spell check every post in a forum, and is already a colleg prof :)

Jobs I have ever attempted to get go on resumes or vitas not applications, so no, that is not what the employer has to go on. Have fun I know I do!

57 months ago

Many run criminal background checks regardless of submitting a resume, or applying through a physical or digital application. Many of the online applications allow you to attach a resume, but they still have an application with an area to fill out about your criminal history.

57 months ago

I am still waiting for someone in Atlanta Ga or the south to help change the laws for ex-offender. True-Born from Charlotte wants to start his own business. I really need help, someone out there who has sugguestion or leads. Check email everyday.

Thanking you

WordPower in Acworth, Georgia

57 months ago

Hi Tru-Born,

How about using the name "Felons for Second Chance Privileges" or something of that nature? What's your game plan for initiating, developing and launching this organization?

WordPower

57 months ago

Good Morning Tru-Born

Thank you for responding I actually need guidance if you know anyone or yourself please free to give me advise. True-Born where do I start first and how do I write the letters or start a petition. Atlanta not a forgive state that's the road block people are faacing. I check my email everymorning good name for the buisness. To all we can change the system.

Thanking you

57 months ago

Good Morning Tru-Born

The name I had in mind was Women On The Move. I actually was starting a women group but all people need a second chance in life. Tru-Born we as citizen can come up with ideas and change the law. People lets come together and make a change.

Thanking you

romelda hall in Atlanta, Georgia

57 months ago

I'm willing to sign the petition...

Lynette Randall in Alpharetta, Georgia

57 months ago

We already have a group at h_r_1529@yahoogroup.com several of our group member have already made contacts with Congressmen and several others on Capitol Hill. Look up H.R. 1529 it will explain this bill.

Lyn

Lynette Randall in Alpharetta, Georgia

57 months ago

Two Congressmen has signed as co-sponsors of H.R.1529 Hank Johnson and Mr. Davis, please read the info on H.R. 1529 and you will understand what it mean.

Lyn

Yolanda in Riverdale, Georgia

57 months ago

Good Evening Lyn

Thank you for your reponse how do I look up the HR 129 can I do it from my laptop or library. Lyn I am trying to get people involve for a change. I check my email every morning.

Thanking you

57 months ago

Good Evening Lyn

Thank you for reponsing I didn't know a group has been started I do I get involved. Yes I will read the H R 1529

57 months ago

romelda hall in Atlanta, Georgia said: I'm willing to sign the petition...

Good Evening Romelda Hall

Yes I want to start a petition but I need guidance how to start. Romelda I am ready to put it together. If anybody that lives in georgia would like to help me please, check email every morning.

Thanking you

57 months ago

Good Morning Lyngirl49

Yes I am ready for some real back bone work to get this bill pass so we all can have a better life. Lyn do we commuicate through the internet or is there meet up place? I check my email every morning.

Thanking you

PJ in Atlanta, Georgia

57 months ago

I JUST MOVED TO ATLANTA FOR A FRESH START.HAD A JOB LINED UP AND COULDN'T START B/C OF MY BATTERY FELONY.I HAVE TRIED THE HONEST APPROACH,LIEING ON APPS,CHANGING SS #,SCHEMING AND SCAMMING TO MAKE MONEY TO TAKE CARE OF MY CHILD.ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.I MOVED HERE FOR A FRESH START AND I AM RUNNING INTO THE SAME PROBLEM...THE VIOLENT FELONY...IF ANYONE HAVE ANY LEADS OR CONNECTIONS TO A JOB PLEASE REPLY TO THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.I'M PRAYING FOR EVERYONE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

PJ in Atlanta, Georgia

57 months ago

slimjim in Atlanta, Georgia said: I just want to say that if you hold on and let GOD do his job and get out of our own way things will work itself out. I beat someone with a bat which is in the eyes of some people is a no no, no matter the reason. I was giving a chance in a job with a big hospital in ATL out of 158 other people, with no hospital experience. So i know that GOD do love us and looks out for us. I feel as though as long as we play by his rules and live the life that he ask us to all will be well

IF YOU STILL READ THESE POST CAN YOU PLEASE REPLY TO ME @ ATLANTAJENKINS2@AOL.COM.I HAVE A VIOLENT FELONY AN BEEN OUT OF WORK I HAVE BEEN IN THE MEDICAL FIELD AND REALLY NEED A LEAD.THANK YOU VERY MUCH....

57 months ago

We Americans don;t realize that we live in a system that is playing the "santa claus" behavior roll on peoples lifes. What I mean is if your good you get a job and if your bad you don;t. It has a distorted vision of human life. Try to understand Laws are good but some Laws are not especially if it deprieves, oppress, and disqualifies a person from getting employment. Their are better ways to send a message to a wrong doer then to leave them on their own mercy for them to continue on a wrong path. Before these negative laws came into exsitence the economy was doing well now every where you turn your eyes all you see is disaster. Their many intelligent people in high power places and they are not using it with an open mind to create better possibilty for weak people.

ricco suave in Valdosta, Georgia

56 months ago

Look, I feel what each person that has posted something is saying, I am a father of two in which one of my children lives with me. I have 1 drug offense that went under the 1st offenders act back in 2004, since then i have completed an associate degree in Marketing Management and Business and Administration,was the SGA president of the schools for two years at each college i was attending, has finished as one the top 5 Marketers in the world in Delta Episilon Chi competitions; also i have 2 semesters left in completing a biology degree and will most likely graduate with honors. I am a very active person in my community volunteering countless hours with food shelters, and hospitals: but, yet i'm still having a very difficult time find decent employment. I really want to do something about this situation, i am planning on attending physical therapy school at the end of next year, and i know, if i do not get something started that will help the right of offenders such as myself -- who have proven rehibilitation through their actions,it is going to be an uphill battle in trying to abtain licenses to practice my profession.. This is one of the driving forces behind searching for a better way. I am researching just how to get such a project in motion; if anybody have any ideals or know of a program of similiar formalities that i can get info from please let me know..something has to be done, i'm willing to spend the rest of my life trying to change this unfair and repulsive state of society that i have been placed in.. So that the future generation want have to go through the same troubles i have had to go through, and would be able to make a smooth transition in their lives for the better and become successful individuals. the system should be very shameful; expecially when you are defined by your mistakes rather than your accomplishments.. thank you..

Jkid in Cobb County in Marietta, Georgia

56 months ago

This blog is cool for us felons to vent. But I was hoping some felons that was already hired somewhere could tell us which companies don't conduct backround checks or don't care if were convicted felons that would still hire us. It just on each individual to know what he's qualified for and if its right for them. I need some companies yall

Kathy Murray in Mc Lean, Virginia

56 months ago

I teach an employment class to offenders in Virginia. Here's what I've learned from my class about employers who hire, labor and construction, restaurants, both sit-down and fast food. UPS, a lot of medical offices. In DC, the Metro system and other state and government offices. I plan to do a story next week where I call some top employers Walmart, etc. and ask for their polices. Any suggestions on who I should call?

Let me know here, or at outandemployed.wordpress.com

56 months ago

Lyngirl49 in Atlanta, Georgia said: Are you a member of H.R.1529 Yahoo Support Group. If not join us please because you will be able to voice your opinon to the law makers and get something done. Several of us are working toward that. That's our goal to convince congress, all the lawmakers to sign this bill.

Pam

Hello Lyngir149

Please advise on the first steps on how to become part of the H.R.1529. Yahoo Support Group.

56 months ago

Good Morning Lyngirl 149

I agree with Pam where do you sign up, how to join so we can change the law. I check my email everymorning.

Ed in Rochester, New York

56 months ago

True-Born in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I agree! We always talking about things, but its leads to nothing. I am in the progress of starting a movement called Felons For Freedom. Although some of us may be in the streets, we are still confined and imprisoned in so many ways because of our convictions. It's time we "get of our asses" as you stated and TAKE whats ours. Look how much has been tooken from us.

Good Luck with that I'm guessing you won't get much empathy. It's sad though depending on the crime employers should be able to make a case by case decision and give someone a chance.

Ed in Rochester, New York

56 months ago

KT1040 in Chesterfield, Virginia said: I live in Va. and lost my right to vote. All FELONS IN GA. should vote for someone that will change the law. Setup an organization for felons in GA.. 300,000 felons in Ga. help yourself..

That many? Wow a bunch of crooks in that state. I always thought Atlanta was shady.

56 months ago

I thing everyone wants change how do we start change? For me change start with you taking charge helping one other having services. As I research in Georgia there are not a lot of services for ex felons. Most services are not dealing with the issues like for instead housing, jobs, getting back into the community. We need services that will help men and women start living.

sister2sister in Atlanta, Georgia

56 months ago

We have to realize that we can't make excuses for things we have done. It starts with taking responsibility and be held accountable. Some have damage people lives for ever, whether it be a felony or senseless crimes. First, we need to repent sincerely, and ask for forgiveness for ourselves, the victims. We just have to trust and believe that God will make a way. We can't give up, so matter how hard it may seems. 1 PETER 5:7-10 NCV
7 Give all your worries to him, because he cares about you.
8 Control yourselves and be careful! The devil, your enemy, goes around like a roaring lion looking for someone to eat.
9 Refuse to give in to him, by standing strong in your faith.
You know that your Christian family all over the world is having the same kinds of suffering.
10 And after you suffer for a short time, God, who gives all grace, will make everything right. He will make you strong and support you and keep you from falling. He called you to share in his glory in Christ, a glory that will continue forever.

ft111.com/subscribe.htm
cfapublications.com/

C. Terrell in Stone Mountain, Georgia

56 months ago

Lifer in Morristown, New Jersey said: Sorry, sistaonthamove,

this was for Deborah Barber not you.

Sorry

I was even locked up with her I can't believe she is doing that!!!1

Page:  « First « Previous   13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.