Job from Systel Inc of Delaware in Atlanta, Georgia

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Paul in Montreal, Quebec

29 months ago

Hello Everyone:

I am a Canadian who is being offered a position with a company called Systel Inc of Delaware in Atlanta. I need some URGENT advise about this company and if it is LEGAL to have UNPAID TRAINING in Georgia?

I am a BS, Computer Engineering and a MS (Electrical & Computer Engineering) which I completed a few months ago plus a few years of experience in software development, systems analysis, research, etc. Does anyone have anything to say about this company from their own personal experience? They want me to move to ATL without being paid for the first 4-6 weeks then and after placement with a client of theirs, they will pay me $60,000 per annum. I haven reservations but can people please give me some advise about this company and if this is possible in Atlanta? Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Riz in Seattle, Washington

27 months ago

Im working through them. if u want info msg me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Montreal, Quebec

27 months ago

Could you share your experience with this company? Are they good to work for? Do they keep their promises? What things should I be aware about? Kindly provide any information that may be useful in evaluating an offer from this company. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Riz in Seattle, Washington

26 months ago

Well, if you having problem finding job in Canada or are jobless, this is worth a try. The way it works, they will provide training for free as well as accommodation. Once you have done the training, your resume will be thrown in the market, if you are able to pickup a contract, u will start getting paid otherwise u are out of luck and eventually come back to Canada.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bryan in Schenectady, New York

18 months ago

Paul,

You are wise to proceed cautiously. There are immigration issues to consider which may make this risky for you. Technically, to be considered a legal alien in the US, you need a Work Visa, even if you do volunteer work or training. In order to get a work visa (TN visa would likely be valid in your case) you need a written job offer which you then take with you to your point of entry to the us (in this case in the airport in Atlanta) where they process your visa. If you land in Atlanta without this and then go to the training and do managed to get placed, you still have to go back to Canada and go through this process. If you don't you could be deported and barred from entry from the US for up to 10 years.

Paul in Montreal, Quebec said: Hello Everyone:

I am a Canadian who is being offered a position with a company called Systel Inc of Delaware in Atlanta. I need some URGENT advise about this company and if it is LEGAL to have UNPAID TRAINING in Georgia?

I am a BS, Computer Engineering and a MS ( Electrical & Computer Engineering) which I completed a few months ago plus a few years of experience in software development , systems analysis, research, etc. Does anyone have anything to say about this company from their own personal experience? They want me to move to ATL without being paid for the first 4-6 weeks then and after placement with a client of theirs, they will pay me $60,000 per annum. I haven reservations but can people please give me some advise about this company and if this is possible in Atlanta? Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.