Job search in Atlanta?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 67)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Atlanta?

Reply - Report abuse

Mrs Z in Lithonia, Georgia

81 months ago

This is a tough question because Atlanta's corporate climate is peculiar. Peruse the usual Monster.com's, etc., join professional associations and network, network, network! Companies are hard on "outsiders". And this is an employer-friendly state that does not advocate for employees. If you are jobless don't come here unless you have a niche skillset -stay where you are. Transfer/relocate with your employer, sometimes this means nothing because employers are so ready to fire employees (!), or you need to be already rolling money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Gwendolyn Smith in Stone Mountain, Georgia

80 months ago

What are the best ways to leave the public school system and still use my education to help people?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

M Fairly in Atlanta, Georgia

80 months ago

Gwendolyn Smith in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: How do I get a mentor to help me transition into Georgia living and work world?

I agree wit Mrs. Z in Lithonia, you cannot move to Atlanta without a job, transportation and finances in place. You can network, by joining organizations you have something in common with. Visit their websites and their blog board. If you want to move to Georgia, you have to mean business.

I am originally from California. I had a job in place, a car and money in the bank. I watch a lot of friends, as well as, tenants move to Atlanta without this necessary staples and they had moved back home within a year.

I recommend you rent a place inside the perimeter for 6 months to a year. Get familiar with the city and then start looking for a home to purchase. Be diligent in your job search and follow up with repeated phone calls. Find a knowledgeable real estate agent (agents can assist with rentals, as well, as property purchases), who is familiar with the city and have a network of clients who can assist you in your career field.

M Fairly
OneSourceAtlanta.com
Real Estate Agent/Property Manager

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nam Chung in Los Angeles, California

79 months ago

I am going to look for Quality Control Inspector position for Aerospace or Commercial industries at Atlanta, Georgia.

I have a 20 years machine shop background.

My e-mail : namchung55@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tamaria in Cleveland, Ohio

79 months ago

I want to move to atlanta, but afraid to because of line of work i do which is i am a home provider and feel might be quite hard for me. Can i please get someone advise on what i should do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

My recommendation is for you to have a job waiting for your, before you move to Atlanta. Once you get a job, then you can decide on what area you want to live and how much you can afford for your living expenses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

I think indeed.com is a pretty good job board.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

BLARG in Marietta, Georgia

78 months ago

Don't come here looking for work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

carmen price in Bronx, New York

74 months ago

BLARG in Marietta, Georgia said: Don't come here looking for work

I would like to know why you would tell people who are trying to relocate to atlanta,ga not to come looking for work. Atlanta, ga has jobs you just have to look. My sister moved to atlanta a in 2007 and she found a good job and has a beautiful home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

cristeven in Cumming, Georgia

74 months ago

Hi, yes, I have 3 kids and we love Atlanta.
It is not hard to find a job as long as you want to work anything.
My wife does not work anymore now, she just do the home business.
So she has time to take care the kids.
So no need to worry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kay in Newnan, Georgia

74 months ago

I am still looking for work, after 4 months. I moved to GA with 2 jobs and within the first 2 weeks was "let go" from both of them. We moved with money in the bank, but that is starting to run out. We bought a home here and find it to be a wonderful place for our children. We are here to stay! I am an administrave assistant and have applied to everything from the grocery store to administrative positions within Atlanta. Any suggestions?
I can be contacted at kaybrister@gmail.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

I am doing the business. Energy company.
You did not have to sell anything, just give reference to people.
where do you live ?
I am in cumming.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kay in Newnan, Georgia

74 months ago

I live in the Senoia area. I just picked up some part time work. Better something than nothing. Please e-mail me with particulars to "your" business. kaybrister@gmail.com

74 months ago

I just sent you the email.
I just do it in 1 month.
Now my wife and I do it full time. we have 3 children and we are so glad to got in to the business. We work at home and we got the result. Hope you can see the opportunity like we do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kaliburn in Lawrenceville, Georgia

74 months ago

Mike,

Thanks for the info, I will check it out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gene in Woodstock, Georgia

74 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ry in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

74 months ago

carmen price in Bronx, New York said: I would like to know why you would tell people who are trying to relocate to atlanta,ga not to come looking for work. Atlanta, ga has jobs you just have to look. My sister moved to atlanta a in 2007 and she found a good job and has a beautiful home.

I totally agree with what you are saying i am relocating to atl in 8 days i lived there before for 4 years. I moved for educational reasons now i have my degree and going back fully prepared THAT IS A LIE THAT U CANT FIND JOBS THERE!!!! I loved ATL and it is great opportunity out there, especially if you are a minority GO< GO< GO. This city is made for us i am African American.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

ry in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

74 months ago

I love Atl any one who wants to move there go for it especially if you are an minority in this country. I am Africam American educated sistah that is in the process og relocating back to atl. My husband and i were there for 5 days and we got an duplex and jobs. My family member was so shocked at how quickly evertything worked our for us that they have decided to pack up and go to atl with my advice of course:) I am currently in SC but will be moving in 8 days u need info then a good place to go is www.acessatlanta.com and another good web page that helped was www.georgia.org these two sites is all you need to start your journey or relocation to atl.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Demetria in Winston Salem, North Carolina

74 months ago

carmen price in Bronx, New York said: I would like to know why you would tell people who are trying to relocate to atlanta,ga not to come looking for work. Atlanta, ga has jobs you just have to look. My sister moved to atlanta a in 2007 and she found a good job and has a beautiful home.

Thanks for the encouragement. I was getting a little discouraged, but I still would have to find out if I would fail. I am going to be dedicated to reaching my peak.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Educated Sistah in Tucker, Georgia

74 months ago

Thats right you go girl, you only live once and u have to live life to the fullest i will be there on thurday and we are really excited my husband and i.

ssicfo in Norwalk, California

73 months ago

Host said: What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Atlanta?

Here is a link to jobs in Atlanta and surrounding areas.
www.staffsupport.com

Skip

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole Johnson in Birmingham, Alabama

73 months ago

HI everyone...I am a new graduate in Health Care Management, and I'm trying so hard to relocate to ATL, but with out the experience in the management field it has been difficult to find a job in my field. What should I do to speed up my moving process. I'm so ready to leave Alabama.

MJ in Austin, Texas

72 months ago

You also may find some useful information at www.workinginatlanta.com

Miss Bea in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

71 months ago

ry in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina said: I love Atl any one who wants to move there go for it especially if you are an minority in this country. I am Africam American educated sistah that is in the process og relocating back to atl. My husband and i were there for 5 days and we got an duplex and jobs. My family member was so shocked at how quickly evertything worked our for us that they have decided to pack up and go to atl with my advice of course:) I am currently in SC but will be moving in 8 days u need info then a good place to go is www.acessatlanta.com and another good web page that helped was www.acessatlanta.com these two sites is all you need to start your journey or relocation to atl.

Your commet was so positive,very encouraging.
Have you moved?
How has adjusting been so far?Motherof 9 month old living in Pennslyvania but looking into relocating

missjall@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Julskm1 in Jackson, Mississippi

68 months ago

Hey, I'm 21 and my husband is 23 and we have 3 small children (3,2,and 1). We have been wanting to move to atlanta for the longest and we just haven't moved. I was wondering if anyone had any advice as far as moving and a checklist to go there with...like have a job lined up, then look....ya know.

Msquil in Indianapolis, Indiana

68 months ago

ry in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina said: I totally agree with what you are saying i am relocating to atl in 8 days i lived there before for 4 years. I moved for educational reasons now i have my degree and going back fully prepared THAT IS A LIE THAT U CANT FIND JOBS THERE!!!! I loved ATL and it is great opportunity out there, especially if you are a minority GO< GO< GO. This city is made for us i am African American.

Hello
Im trying to relocate to Atlanta with 4 children. Currently I work as a Assistant Manager for a Property Management Company here in Indianapolis . I plan to do the same thing there as well. I ve made the decision that 2009 is goint to be my move. However I have been looking at Stone Mountain GA Im trying to network the best that I can and research and ask as many questions. I know that there are opportunites there, its just finding them. I dont just want to move there without having a job. Our would you happen to know if Stone Mountain is a good area!!

Thank You

Marlon in Cleveland, Ohio

67 months ago

I want to move to atl but i dont have any idea how to get around and i dont know if thiers any jobs down there and i dont want to move in a dangerous neighborhood! i might as well stay in cleveland ya know! but can someone help me so i can have a better idea of alanta!

MJM in Dacula, Georgia

66 months ago

I was laid off from my job last year. If anyone knows of a company north of ATL who is looking for a bookkeeper please e-mail me. I'm also looking at work-at-home online jobs but haven't found anything legit yet.

1zephyr@comcast.net

missy in Lansing, Michigan

66 months ago

I am 28, no kids, with a lot of exp in IT. I have a family member to stay with, and I am Afri Amer (not that it matters) but does it matter? do you think I will have success in that market? I never lived outside of MI, and Im ready to jump start my life... any advice?

M Fairly in Mableton, Georgia

66 months ago

I had a friend who went to Detroit and said Michigan is really depressing. He said there are no jobs. If you have to compare Atlanta to Michigan, take a chance. All blessings come from God, so have hope and take that leap of faith. I would recommend, you visit 1st and get to know the area you would want to live in. Purchase a UPS/Mailbox Etc address for your resume. Get a local number (www.majicjack.com)*, so your potential employers can leave messages. Come down and interview.

Make sure you have everything planned out. 1. Savings Account 2. Credit in good standing (because you need somewhere to live and your credit is an important factor in Atlanta). 3. A reliable vehicle (we do not have the best transportation system). 4. Employment and finally 5. A support system (family, friends, or church).

Good Luck!

Georgia has the highest unemployment rate it has had in years. I think people are being realistic when they say "Do not come here with a Job". However, if someone is visiting this job board and move to Atlanta without a job. Please email us back and let us know, how long it took for you to get a job and what field you are in.

P.S. *What I like about Majicjack ($39?) is you can request a telephone number from any city in the United States. Plug the USB cable into your computer and receive and make telephone calls anywhere throughout the United States for free. It is also great for people who have their own business, but want to have a local presence in another state.

Mia Fairly
Real Estate Broker
www.onesourceatlanta.com
Home Rentals

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Grapevine, Texas

65 months ago

Host said: What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Atlanta?

Astadia is hiring consultants in Atlanta for their CRM PRactice (Salesforce.com). They are looking for folks with Salesforce.com configuration experience. If interested, contact jconnell@astadia.com.

weesh3 in Fremont, California

65 months ago

Hello All,

I am a 43yrs old Quality Engineer holding a MAS in Aeronautical Science Degree. I currently live in California and have been unemployed for 5 months. I have a mortgage and no children.The neighborhood I dwell is great but I am over my head. I have not missed a payment yet but would like to sell before I do. The only thing is that the large down payment I put down I will not get back because the house is not worth what I paid. I have been thinking about moving to Atlanta but have cold feet due to the fact, if I sale I may not be able to get another loan. I am searching for a job in that area.Does anyone know of any aerospace/aviation company's in the area? Also, I do not like living in a crowded community.

Vivian Wood in Apopka, Florida

65 months ago

ry in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina said: I totally agree with what you are saying i am relocating to atl in 8 days i lived there before for 4 years. I moved for educational reasons now i have my degree and going back fully prepared THAT IS A LIE THAT U CANT FIND JOBS THERE!!!! I loved ATL and it is great opportunity out there, especially if you are a minority GO< GO< GO. This city is made for us i am African American.

I have been looking online for a job in Atlanta. I really want to relocate even if I have to pay for it. I am looking for outside sales/logistic/operations. I have great experience and training in those fields. I just applied to JC Penney. I would also like a job at Coke. Anyone have any suggestions how I can get me resume in front of these companies. I currently live in Orlando Florida.

Miss Miks in Katy, Texas

65 months ago

weesh3 in Fremont, California said: Hello All,

I am a 43yrs old Quality Engineer holding a MAS in Aeronautical Science Degree. I currently live in California and have been unemployed for 5 months. I have a mortgage and no children.The neighborhood I dwell is great but I am over my head. I have not missed a payment yet but would like to sell before I do. The only thing is that the large down payment I put down I will not get back because the house is not worth what I paid. I have been thinking about moving to Atlanta but have cold feet due to the fact, if I sale I may not be able to get another loan. I am searching for a job in that area.Does anyone know of any aerospace/aviation company's in the area? Also, I do not like living in a crowded community.

I lived in Atl for 5 Years before moving to Tx. Try applying with Lockheed Martin (located in Cobb County Atlanta Ga) Hope this helps.

Vivian Wood in Apopka, Florida

65 months ago

I too am trying to do the same thing.I want to move from Orlando to Atlanta.I know I will have to keep my house in fla and try to rent it. I am in sales spent 15 yrs at UPS. I am trying to get into Pharm sales.

Harmonyv04 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

65 months ago

Hello to all. I am currently residing in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I currently am employed with Department of Health and Hospitals. I am a 27yr old female and I am raising my niece. We have visited Atlanta twice and really enjoyed ourselves. I attend college online and am working to get my bachelors degree. I want to relocate to Atlanta. I just don't know where to start. My job does not do transfers.I really need to find a job and a place to stay. I just don't know where to start. If there is someone out there that can give me some pointers please help? My daughter and I really need a change. If there is anyone that can advise me of where to start please help??? God Bless!!!

Britt8721 in Corpus Christi, Texas

64 months ago

I am a senior at Texas A&M and I will be graduating in December of 2009. I am now in the process of getting myself organized and prepared by the time I graduate. I am very interested in Atlanta, GA--I actually love the place. I’ve visited only once and it seemed like a match made in heaven, lol. I will obtain my BBA in Business Management; however, I don't have much hands-on experience in my field—although I have some strong “applicable” skills related to management. It was mentioned earlier not to move to Atlanta unless you already have a job of some sort, but as a college grad that is anxious to take on the world, how should I go about trying to pursue living in Atlanta? Has anyone ever been in these shoes?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

M Fairly in Mableton, Georgia

64 months ago

If you are young and not in debt, throw caution to the wind and come. Just make sure you have some money in savings. Good Luck. Remember not to let other peoples life situation dictate your current state of aliveness and happiness.

M Fairly
Property Manager
www.onesourceatlanta.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Minera P. in Jacksonville, Florida

63 months ago

weesh3 in Fremont, California said: Hello All,

There are several Aerospace Companies around Atlanta that are currently hiring as of April 13, 2009...Try Lockheed Martin and/or Northrop Grumman..Hope that helps, & Good luck with your search. Also, not all communities are crowed..Take your time & discover the right community that fits your taste & you will do well..Best of Luck !!!

dorothy in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

I want to move to atlanta to make contacts in the music business I do not sing i am a songwriter would it be worth the move is there a good chance to make it there as a songwriter and where are the record companies and studios in atl I would appreciate any feedback.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sophia32 in Hollywood, Florida

60 months ago

Hi, I am thinking of moving to Atlanta soon, but I am doing a lot of research, I am currently in school, my major is Health Services Administration. How is the health industry there.

MsSelina in Roswell, Georgia

58 months ago

Does anyone know of any companies that are hiring in GA?I am having no luck with finding a job in this state.To those of you who are interested in moving or relocating from wherever to Ga, make sure you or your spouse HAS A JOB first unless you both are rich.It is bad here in GA.Too crowded and jobs not paying but have a long list of requirements.Its terrible!There are very nice houses that are big though and inexpensive unlike up North.I am not trying to discourage you,rather attempting to inform you.GOOD LUCK!
Anyway,I need a job badly, and at this point,I am not even trying to be selective.I am 26 yrs old,I have a BA.I have experience in the health field,mainly customer service,account managing,sales,collections,babysitting,assisting the elderly.Name it and I will do it.If your company is hiring or if you are aware of any companies hiring ASAP please let me know.

MsSelina in Roswell, Georgia

58 months ago

Oh and Email me if anything comes up, s_ogbeide09@yahoo.com, Thanks again!

kaybrister in Newnan, Georgia

58 months ago

You may wish to check out the hospice companies, I know at least one was looking for an office administrator

Harmonyv04 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

58 months ago

Hello, I hope your able to find a job. I know things are extremely bad now. Are the houses cheap?

Miss Britt in Atlanta, Georgia

49 months ago

M Fairly in Atlanta, Georgia said: I agree wit Mrs. Z in Lithonia, you cannot move to Atlanta without a job, transportation and finances in place. You can network, by joining organizations you have something in common with. Visit their websites and their blog board. If you want to move to Georgia, you have to mean business.

I am originally from California. I had a job in place, a car and money in the bank. I watch a lot of friends, as well as, tenants move to Atlanta without this necessary staples and they had moved back home within a year.

I recommend you rent a place inside the perimeter for 6 months to a year. Get familiar with the city and then start looking for a home to purchase. Be diligent in your job search and follow up with repeated phone calls. Find a knowledgeable real estate agent (agents can assist with rentals, as well, as property purchases), who is familiar with the city and have a network of clients who can assist you in your career field.

M Fairly
OneSourceAtlanta.com
Real Estate Agent/Property Manager

I have to disagree M Fairly and Mrs. Z. I recently moved to Atlanta from Texas. I had just enough saved up for two months...NO CAR...NO JOB lined up. I just moved in faith. Less than two weeks, I found a job that is conveniently located to the MARTA train station, which is conveniently located next to my apartment. And I don't live in the hood of Atlanta...very nice location. Oh, and this job isn't at McDonald's either. I have a BS degree in Business, so I was searching for reputable jobs in my qualification. I'm only 23 years old. Things are rolling just fine. I have God in His place, and He has really ordered my steps. Just because it doesn't work for one doesn't mean it won't work for all. You can't always listen to people's advice...you have to step out and do what you need to do in order to get where you want to get.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

slh1913 in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

Miss Britt in Atlanta, Georgia said: I have to disagree M Fairly and Mrs. Z. I recently moved to Atlanta from Texas. I had just enough saved up for two months...NO CAR...NO JOB lined up. I just moved in faith. Less than two weeks, I found a job that is conveniently located to the MARTA train station, which is conveniently located next to my apartment. And I don't live in the hood of Atlanta...very nice location. Oh, and this job isn't at McDonald's either. I have a BS degree in Business, so I was searching for reputable jobs in my qualification. I'm only 23 years old. Things are rolling just fine. I have God in His place, and He has really ordered my steps. Just because it doesn't work for one doesn't mean it won't work for all. You can't always listen to people's advice...you have to step out and do what you need to do in order to get where you want to get.

Hi Ms Britt. I am relocating to Atlanta from Texas also. Can you email me? slh1913@gmail.com

just4u in Dundalk, Maryland

48 months ago

i have been looking for an entry-level transportation engineer position since graduation 2006. any idea what the job outlook for this position in atlanta and surrounding area is?. i want to move but a scared as hell

Miss Britt in Atlanta, Georgia

48 months ago

I'm not really sure about the job market in your industry. However, I am sure you can get some good leads at Monster.com, Criagslist.com, ajc.com/jobs (Atlanta Journal Constitution). Don't be scared, just make it happen.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.