Looking for a Legal Word Processor Job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

L.C. in Conyers, Georgia

65 months ago

I have been unemployed for a year. I was laid off from my job at a large law firm which I had been there for 9 yrs. Where are the word processor jobs? Are they no longer out there in the legal field? I would like to know if anybody know a headhunter who would be willing to place me with over 20 yrs of legal word processing. How can I get experience as a legal secretary, perferably in litigation as a second option to work in a law firm? Are there any possibilities for me doing that? I'm between 50 - 58.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JFK in East Brunswick, New Jersey

65 months ago

L.C. in Conyers, Georgia said: I have been unemployed for a year. I was laid off from my job at a large law firm which I had been there for 9 yrs. Where are the word processor jobs? Are they no longer out there in the legal field? I would like to know if anybody know a headhunter who would be willing to place me with over 20 yrs of legal word processing. How can I get experience as a legal secretary, perferably in litigation as a second option to work in a law firm? Are there any possibilities for me doing that? I'm between 50 - 58.

It looks like a lot of those word processing positions were sent offshore or were eliminated completely. I am in the same age bracket as you in the NYC area and there is nothing at all in the word processing arena for work here.

I would suggest you try secretarial positions and apply there since word processing it seems is a dead field and one with little future to it. If you aren't employed as a word processor presently, your chances to find employment as one are pretty bleak.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.