Moving to Atlanta - how did you get here?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?

Reply - Report abuse

Mrs Z in Lithonia, Georgia

78 months ago

Where did you come from? How did you move here?

My husband's job relocated to Georgia from the West so we decided to make our home Atlanta. The cost of living has been much better. We purchased a home OP (outside of the I-285 perimeter) on the East side which has been fine because it's like living in the country, but we get to enjoy the city life, arts, culture, sports, etc.

We love it here, but . . . 1) We see that there are lot of bad elements coming here that are tagging along behind hard-working folks. More and more scavengers who do not want to work are bringing in crime. I realize that currently the Bush-conomy is in the toilet, when the economy is bad so is everything else, crime, etc. Law enforcement seems to be getting stronger here though.
2) There is definitely a good ole boy southern corporate network here in control and they hate change - which is a surprise with all of the Diversity and different cultures here. Watch your back at work. Company X in NY or Phoenix is not the same Company X here in Atlanta-they run things differently. Georgia employers abuse the at-will employment law.

What would you do different now?
Probably would have gone house-hunting a lot earlier/spent more time here, and gotten to know more of the neighborhoods, schools a lot better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

momjcool in Grayson, Georgia

63 months ago

i understand what you mean.in georgia its not what you know its who you know.i have so many degrees and now i am unemployed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

BettyB in Brockton, Massachusetts

63 months ago

Host said: Where did you come from? How did you move here? What would you do different now?[j/QUOTE]

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BettyB in Brockton, Massachusetts

63 months ago

In 2007 of July I lost my mother I thought a new start would be good for me. I visit the town and I really enjoy myself. Also, I would be closer to my family.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.