Older workers

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Tommie Lee Johnson in Atlanta, Georgia

39 months ago

What are the best companies to seek a job if you are 55. years or older.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

squirrelonfire in Atlanta, Georgia

29 months ago

Somebody report RightFit_Resume Writer as spammer. I already reported him.

Hi Tommie,

I think the employer's biggest challenge when looking at your resume is "how long will you work until you (die or quit or retire). Usually companies want to retain managers for promotion. And so in your case, how much longer will you work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

RightFit_Resume Writer in Marietta, Georgia

29 months ago

Mspostive in Snellville, Georgia said: I AM OVER 55, WITH 20 YEARS OF PROPERTY MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE. SEMI RETIRED THREE YEARS AGO AND WOULD LIKE TO RETURN TO MANAGEMENT IN MY AREA,I AM LICENSED AND CERTIFIED TO MANAGE. NO ONE WANTS TO ANSWER MY RESUMES, ALTHOUGH I AM OVER 55, IT DOES NOT KEEP ME FROM BEING AN ACTIVE, MULTI EXPERIENED MANAGER.

WHAT IS MY NEXT STEP ???

<<THIS IS NOT SPAM, my previous comment was still deleted even though the link was taken out. This is advice that can help one of my fellow Americans get a job in this tough economy. Please read the entire comment and do not delete>>

If you resume is not being answered then you may need to revamp your resume. You need to make sure that you are only listing 10-15 years of exprience at most and you need to customize your resume to highlight the skills you have that address the skills and duties listed in the job description. Make sure your formatting is up to date and DO NOT USE AN OBJECTIVE, rather include a summary statement. You can do this on your own. Just monitor the response you get from your resume as you implement the changes.

<<THIS IS NOT SPAM, my previous comment was still deleted even though the link was taken out. This is advice that can help one of my fellow Americans get a job in this tough economy. Please read the entire comment and do not delete>>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Don Hughes in Mcdonough, Georgia

27 months ago

I am unemployed and sixty. I have spent 37 years in Christian broadcasting in various positions. I have applied for many positions in and out of radio, but have had very few interviews. Any suggestions.

rdon.hughes@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.