Paralegal Looking to Network & Relocate

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Fredrick Click in Greensboro, North Carolina

70 months ago

I am currently living in North Carolina and looking to relocate to the Atanta area as soon as possible. I am seeking assistance to gain contacts of any legal networking sites or more aggressive head hunters who are truly committed to assist me with me job search. Any assistance and or direction would be greatly appreciated. I will return the assistance by doing the same for others in kind. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kmm in Wilmington, Delaware

70 months ago

Fredrick Click in Greensboro, North Carolina said: I am currently living in North Carolina and looking to relocate to the Atanta area as soon as possible. I am seeking assistance to gain contacts of any legal networking sites or more aggressive head hunters who are truly committed to assist me with me job search. Any assistance and or direction would be greatly appreciated. I will return the assistance by doing the same for others in kind. Thank you.

Hello Fredrick:
I relocated myself. FIrst, I flew to the city and stayed in a hotel with easy access to business district. I came with a stack of resumes and cover letters, saying I am planning to move here, I am here now for next 3 weeks and HAND Delivered them to law offices. There were several building that hosted a lot of law firms , I got 2 interviews. ONe person said to contact them if I moved here- changes were going on and would be seeking new employees.

GOt home- and got call from one attorney in need of Paralegal. Flew back down and interviewed, got the job, and Offer of Employment. THEn I went hunting for a place to live - and moved there.

CHeck to see if your area has a legal newspaper with Classifed section for hiring ads, check to see if have a Paralegal Association.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Fredrick Click in Greensboro, North Carolina said: I am.

error

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

Fredrick Click in Greensboro, North Carolina said: I am currently living in North Carolina and looking to relocate to the Atanta area as soon as possible. I am seeking assistance to gain contacts of any legal networking sites or more aggressive head hunters who are truly committed to assist me with me job search. Any assistance and or direction would be greatly appreciated. I will return the assistance by doing the same for others in kind. Thank you.

truthfull, Frederick, It is hard to network with head hunters when you are not there yet. YOu may have to travel there and do what I did. Hand deliver- plus check if ythy have a local legal newspaper in Atlata. WHen you are in atlanta, answer the ad and hoepefuly will get and interview. A paralegal association in atlanta, you can at least e-mail committee people and network that way.

69 months ago

kmm in Wilmington, Delaware said: truthfull, Frederick, It is hard to network with head hunters when you are not there yet. YOu may have to travel there and do what I did. Hand deliver- plus check if ythy have a local legal newspaper in Atlata. WHen you are in atlanta, answer the ad and hoepefuly will get and interview. A paralegal association in atlanta, you can at least e-mail committee people and network that way.

And if you join the Atlanta Paralegal Association, they should have a job bank, which you would have access to. LOts of the responses are by fax or e-mail only. SO you can get a feel by answering the job listings. Of course you will to have a local Atlanta address on resume, and Atlanta phone number, that can be set up via a cell phone.

69 months ago

Reply to 26 days ago:

If Atlanta has a Parlegal Association, Join. They will most likely have a job bank that you wuld have acces to as member. Ususaly you submit resume via e-mail address or fax. You will have to have a local Atlanta address and Atlanta telephone number on resume. The phone number can be set up via a cell phone. Good luck

Leslie Sansone Williams in Port Orange, Florida

69 months ago

Fredrick,

Hopefully, you've landed a paralegal job by now in Atlanta. The advice in the comments above was right on.

Leslie
www.legaledpro.com or www.paralegal126.com

T. D in Dothan, Alabama

65 months ago

Your information was really helpful. I will be moving to Atlanta in 1 month in search of a paralegal job. I have registered with Robert Half. My resume already has my new address. Any other tips?

kmm in Wilmington, Delaware said: Hello Fredrick:
I relocated myself. FIrst, I flew to the city and stayed in a hotel with easy access to business district. I came with a stack of resumes and cover letters, saying I am planning to move here, I am here now for next 3 weeks and HAND Delivered them to law offices. There were several building that hosted a lot of law firms , I got 2 interviews. ONe person said to contact them if I moved here- changes were going on and would be seeking new employees.

GOt home- and got call from one attorney in need of Paralegal. Flew back down and interviewed, got the job, and Offer of Employment. THEn I went hunting for a place to live - and moved there.

CHeck to see if your area has a legal newspaper with Classifed section for hiring ads, check to see if have a Paralegal Association.

Jamie R. in Portland, Oregon

63 months ago

I am currently looking to move back to Atlanta as soon as possiable. I am working in a law firm now but I would like to start getting my resume out in Atlanta. I have a house already in Atlanta and a home phone there also. Should I use my Atlanta address/phone on my resume even though Im still working in Oregon? Any suggestions on what I should include in my cover letter? I would like to get a few interviews before I actually move back.

Ashlie in Albany, Georgia

62 months ago

I am Ashlie Williams i am a High School Graduate who is a newlywed. I am currently a Paralegal Student of Kaplan University Online and i am looking to relocate to Atlanta Georgia around December. I graduate next year in September but i have many qualifications that can get me started working with the the Paralegal profession. I will even sign a contact if possibly get hired before getting me degree i will work for a company until needed.Any employers interested please email me...I am very hard working.

Corey in Littleton, Colorado

29 months ago

What type of paralegal work do you do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.