Want to move from Illinois to Atlanta

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 131)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

play in Port Saint Lucie, Florida

56 months ago

Glo in Orlando, Florida said: I am a single black female planning on moving to ga are your cousins and brothers interested in talking now?

Hi Glo in Orlando/ Florida I had lost contact with you have you find a friend yet hollar back at me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ren in Atlanta, Georgia

55 months ago

I would not suggest any single black female to relocate to Atlanta with the hopes of finding a man. It is highly unlikely will find a man here. If you don't bring a man with you, you will not get one in Atlanta.

Only 20% of black women get married in Atlanta compared to 40% of white women and the female-to-male ratio is 20:1. If you are looking for "a good black man," a lot of the well-educated Morehouse men are gay or the educated black men don't date black women.

I know plenty of black women who moved here and have lived her several years and none of them can find husbands. If they do get a man, they have to settle for thugs or really ghetto dudes that they have to support financially.

If you are a nurse then you can find a job, but other than that, there are no jobs here and people are lining up by the thousands for minimum-wage jobs. A new Steak N' Shake opened up in the metro Atlanta area and 3,000 people applied. 3,000!!! When thousands of people are lining up to work fast food, that is a huge indicator for the job situation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ren in Atlanta, Georgia

55 months ago

To add,

The Georgia jobless rate is at around 460,000 and that's just the people who claim unemployment benefits. This doesn't include the numbers of unemployed who aren't getting unemployment insurance. So it's well over 500,000 out of work in Georgia and no one is hiring. I've been out of work for 1 1/2 years and I haven't gotten as much as an interview other than Target to work minimum wage part time. Even temp agencies aren't hiring. Getting a job with a temp agency is just as hard as getting a regular job in Atlanta. Also, there are no unions here. Georgia is a right to work state and you can be fired for any reason. There are no laws to protect workers in Georgia.

If you have a nursing degree you could get a job but you definitely will not find a man in Atlanta if you are a black woman. I am a single female who has lived here for 13 years and I have been single the entire time. The men here only want to screw around with black women but they don't want relationships.

Atlanta does not live up to the hype. It's horrible here. I'm from Chicago and I'm planning to move back. I'd rather deal with the cold than the low-paying jobs, no jobs and high cost of living that Atlanta offers.

And people in Georgia aren't as friendly as you'd think. The people here are very cliquish and pretentious yet very low-class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ren in Atlanta, Georgia

55 months ago

Crime is through the roof in Atlanta. It's random, crosses color lines and is just as bad in the suburbs as it is in the city. Arson, break-ins and home invasions in which the residents are murdered are very common. It's also common for children to be murdered here and for women to be found murdered in their homes. Atlanta is the number one city in America for sex slave trafficking and it is a major distribution hub for drugs coming from Mexico. Crime in the Gwinett County area (a metro-Atlanta north suburban county)was already going bad but is getting worse because of the high Mexican population, their gang activity and drug trafficking.

Also if you are a church-going person, you may love it here. But if you are liberal and not-so-religious, you may not like living in Georgia. Georgia is extremely conservative, backward-thinking, pro-business and has limited resources in various areas. Atlanta has the worst air quality in the country and if you don't have allergies now, you will definitely develop them after moving here. Traffic is horrible, public transportation was already sorely lacking and now many important bus routes have been completely eliminated.

The government is blatantly corrupt and I'm not only talking about outright embezzlement and misappropriation of funds, it's murder too. The local governments, law enforcement agencies and school boards are very corrupt. Someone is ALWAYS stealing money or committing crime within government.

In my opinion the quality of life is just not good. People aren't being honest about what it's really like in Atlanta.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

AusarC in Hutchinson, Kansas

55 months ago

It is clear that you have obviously researched the situation and have given it some serious thought. However, I am intrigued that in your expressions I detected some optimism. If I am wrong please correct me... If right please share the source of your hopefulness..:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Ren in Atlanta, Georgia said:

It would appear that you have done your research and have given the situation some serious thought. However, I find it intriguing that in your statements there was still some optimism. Perhaps I am wrong.. But if I am right please share the source of your hopefulness... :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

br in Los Angeles, California

55 months ago

1> Ren what county do you reside in ? What community ? I have been doing ongoing research because I do intend to move to Atlanta in March 2011. I can see that you have see so much that I question why it is you live there. Anyhow , it is apprecitative that you take the time to note these happenings.So my question is , based on a city as large as Los Angeles what is the difference in the crime and murders and theft.... and so on. How is it that if a person attends church it is much better for them yet the city is in a rage. So, it all the persons there go to church will that drop crime and hopelessness ...ummm how much.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ren in Atlanta, Georgia

55 months ago

AusarC in Hutchinson, Kansas said: It is clear that you have obviously researched the situation and have given it some serious thought. However, I am intrigued that in your expressions I detected some optimism. If I am wrong please correct me... If right please share the source of your hopefulness..:)

It's not mere research, it's from living here for 13 years and due to my financial circumstances I've been stick here. I have a pending job offer in IL and I will be out of Atlanta on the first thing smoking when my job contract comes through.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ren in Atlanta, Georgia

55 months ago

br in Los Angeles, California said: 1> Ren what county do you reside in ? What community ?

I live in DeKalb County in the Virginia-Highland neighborhood. It's a great neighborhood but because so many people are out of work here, crime is spilling over into this neighborhood.

[QUOTE] I have been doing ongoing research because I do intend to move to Atlanta in March 2011. I can see that you have see so much that I question why it is you live there.

A personal crisis that I was going through forced me to move here with family. Coming to Atlanta wasn't a conscious choice. I wanted to stay in Chicago. I've tried to make the best of it but I've been miserable the entire time I've been here. Coming from a place like Chicago, Atlanta is a considerable downgrade.

[QUOTE] Anyhow , it is apprecitative that you take the time to note these happenings.So my question is , based on a city as large as Los Angeles what is the difference in the crime and murders and theft.... and so on.

The metro Atlanta area is much smaller than that of L.A., or Chicago or NYC with the population being smaller than those metro areas, yet crime is through the roof. For years Atlanta was ranked as No. 5 for the most violent city in America and Chicago and New York were ranked waaaaaay lower than Atlanta for crime. When my mom first moved here (she moved here a year before I did) she would call me to complain about the crime and this was back in 1996. In fact when she moved here, the first night in her new apartment, someone tried to break in. Her saving grace was that she had a big dog at the time. Crime has gotten a lot worse since then, again because so many people are out of work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ren in Atlanta, Georgia

55 months ago

"How is it that if a person attends church it is much better for them yet the city is in a rage. So, it all the persons there go to church will that drop crime and hopelessness ...ummm how much.
Thanks"

I'm saying that if the people who wish to move here and and uber-Christian and conservative, they may like it. This is the south, therefore it is the Bible belt and people are in your face about Jesus. Atlanta is churches and strip clubs. And you can't buy alcohol on Sundays lol.

Depending on where you live, especially if you live outside the city, if you don't go to church, you will have no social life. Every other channel on TV is some kind of religious sermon. That doesn't change the fact that Atlanta is crime-ridden.

Sure housing is more affordable comparable to Chicago, L.A., or NYC but you'd most likely make less than half of what you made in L.A. because the jobs are low-paying. Having a degree or lots of experience doesn't matter. Even jobs in Atlanta/Georgia requiring master's degrees don't pay $40k a year. And because there are no workers' rights in Georgia, those in management blatantly harass their employees and are often extremely verbally abusive.

My apologies for my html coding not showing up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ren in Decatur, Georgia

55 months ago

The only thing I'd suggest is to not look at Atlanta through rose-colored glasses without doing true research. Don't simply listen to the Atlanta-is-so-great crowd. They have drank the kool-aid and are blinded by the hype or are afraid to leave even if they know how much it sucks. We all want change in our lives and want to try something different. We all want that brass ring and there's nothing wrong with that--but be informed. Do actual research from local sources and research statistical data on crime and pay.

For those serious about moving here, you need to read the Atlanta newspaper and read articles on the sites of the local news affiliates to get a feel for what Atlanta is really like.

The local news does exclusive reporting on Georgia's unemployment situation daily so read that every day while you are planning your move if you haven't found a job already. It is imperative that you read up on Atlanta local news, business, unemployment, and Georgia politics for yourselves to assist you in making a more informed decision. Here are some sources for Atlanta news:

www.ajc.com (The Atlanta-Journal Constitution newspaper)
www.11alive.com (local NBC news affiliate)
www.myfoxatlanta.com (local FOX news affiliate)
www.cbsatlanta.com (local CBS news affiliate)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ren in Decatur, Georgia

55 months ago

The only thing I'd suggest is to not look at Atlanta through rose-colored glasses without doing true research. We all want change in our lives and want to try something different. We all want that brass ring and there's nothing wrong with that--but be informed. Do actual research from local sources and research statistical data on crime and pay.

For those serious about moving here, you need to read the Atlanta newspaper and read articles on the sites of the local news affiliates to get a feel for what Atlanta is really like.

The local news does exclusive reporting on Georgia's unemployment situation daily so read that every day while you are planning your move if you haven't found a job already. It is imperative that you read up on Atlanta local news, business, unemployment, and Georgia politics for yourselves to assist you in making a more informed decision. Here are some sources for Atlanta news:

www.ajc.com (The Atlanta-Journal Constitution newspaper)
www.11alive.com (local NBC news affiliate)
www.myfoxatlanta.com (local FOX news affiliate)
www.cbsatlanta.com (local CBS news affiliate)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Ren in Atlanta, Georgia said: It's not mere research, it's from living here for 13 years and due to my financial circumstances I've been stick here. I have a pending job offer in IL and I will be out of Atlanta on the first thing smoking when my job contract comes through.

I feel the essence of what you're saying. I am presently stuck in a small town. It is like when a plant is growing in a pot. That as the plant grows it requires a bigger pot to accommodate larger roots?

So basically your growth requires a bigger pot?

Niyacleveoh

55 months ago

I guess it really depends on the person. My friend just moved to GA from Ohio and she loves it. She says she's never coming back here. She does hair and is really good at it. She also has a man down there who appears to be a nice guy. They live together and he helps pay bills. So I don't know. I think it depends on the individual and their circumstances and attitude about life. Some people feelthey can make it anywhere. I just want to go somewhere warmer and just be happy. And personally I think most black women everywhere are having mate issues. I'm in cleve oh and it's hell here dating so....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Niyacleveoh said: I guess it really depends on the person. My friend just moved to GA from Ohio and she loves it. She says she's never coming back here. She does hair and is really good at it. She also has a man down there who appears to be a nice guy. They live together and he helps pay bills. So I don't know. I think it depends on the individual and their circumstances and attitude about life. Some people feelthey can make it anywhere. I just want to go somewhere warmer and just be happy. And personally I think most black women everywhere are having mate issues. I'm in cleve oh and it's hell here dating so....

I am happy that we have a person who does see outside of the box. Crime unemployment and most the same is everywhere.I am wanting to know how the life styles are and the people styles are...Tell me the good stuff... no more of the same as everywhere. thanks

55 months ago

AusarC in Hutchinson, Kansas said: I feel the essence of what you're saying. I am presently stuck in a small town. It is like when a plant is growing in a pot. That as the plant grows it requires a bigger pot to accommodate larger roots?

So basically your growth requires a bigger pot?

Bigger post have bigger problems...Crime and unemployment is everywhere.

Ren in Dallas, Georgia

55 months ago

The lifestyle is that thousands of Georgians are out of work and that no one is hiring here.

Atlanta is not this great place everyone tries to make it out to be. I just hope that any one who plans to move here already has a job lined up (good luck finding one if you don't have one literally handed to you through someone you know or be willing to work for pennies just to be in the great ATL)because if you don't you will most definitely be screwed.

Ren in Dallas, Georgia

55 months ago

br in Los Angeles, California said: Bigger post have bigger problems...Crime and unemployment is everywhere.

I think it's quite laughable that people come to this forum wanting to know what life is like in Atlanta and when someone who ACTUALLY LIVES HERE and has for several years tells you what it's like, because it's not all candied hearts and flowers like you want to hear, you want to shoot the messenger.

Since crime and employment is everywhere and you feel Atlanta is better than where you are, don't ask anyone's opinions, just pack up and move on down.

brc in Los Angeles, California

55 months ago

Ren in Dallas, Georgia said: I think it's quite laughable that people come to this forum wanting to know what life is like in Atlanta and when someone who ACTUALLY LIVES HERE and has for several years tells you what it's like, because it's not all candied hearts and flowers like you want to hear, you want to shoot the messenger.

Since crime and employment is everywhere and you feel Atlanta is better than where you are, don't ask anyone's opinions, just pack up and move on down.

No it is just that , you seem to be the only post that we have to read and it is so much that is negative and not a positive thought. I am grateful that you have taken the time to answer my thoughts. I know that candied hearts and flowers are only not realistic but in a garden and box. I appreciate your comments. I am not sure that Atlanta is better than where I am but I am seriously looking for the southern life with a semi country background, that's just all. I have lived in the hustle and bustle of big cities all my life and would like to have a home style type future. Thanks Ren!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ren in Dallas, Georgia

55 months ago

I'm the only one who is going to be honest. I'm the kind of person who is willing to be direct when no one is willing to be and I'm not the only on here who doesn't like Atlanta, I'm the only one who went into detail.

Niyacleveoh in Dayton, Ohio

55 months ago

Ren did give alot of details, and as said I appreciate it too. I think we just came to this post to get different peoples opinion. Everybodys thoughts, feelings and experiences of atlanta will not be the same. I hate Cleveland. I hate the snow, the gray color, not alot of black people, the nursing field is saturated, not enough entertainment, no good men....must I go on? But I'm quite sure somebody here loves it. Actually I was trying to encourage a young girl whos 22 to get out of here...she said no she loves it here. Which is amazing because I was ready to go at her but for some reason never did it. I would go to atlanta yearly and every time I went I felt so happy there and did not want to go home. All I know is I'm finally coming this spring and if living there is totally different from visiting FOR ME I'm going to hightail my azz back to Cleve...or maybe NC. It aint etched in stone once u get there u gotta stay. I wish everybody happiness wherever your road leads you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Trini in New York, New York

54 months ago

Thanks for Sharing Ren

54 months ago

Well I am adding to my list Surprise Az . I am really kind of confused now and just want to also look else where and see what I get. Any , thoughts on Surprise ?
Thanks

play in Stuart, Florida

54 months ago

Glo in Orlando, Florida said: I am a single black female planning on moving to ga are your cousins and brothers interested in talking now?

Glo I read your post and I waited for you to get back in touch with me I know longer live in georgia but I still have a brother are a cousin you can hook up with so if you serious email me vvaaff3@yahoo.com

play in Stuart, Florida

54 months ago

kim in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: hello my name is kim. i have two children i want to make that move to atl also. but dont know where to start. i would like to move by summer of 2011. im currently working at a hospital as a communications specialist and would like to do it in atl. email me with what u think i should do ok thanks.

Kim thats good that you have a job make sure that you can transfere your job to atl and you will be straight and one more thing make sure you have two cars when you move to atl beacuse its much better dont get me wrong they have transportant but its better if you have your on

play in Stuart, Florida

54 months ago

br in Los Angeles, California said: Reading all the post really there are mixed conflicting answers. I have been researching ATL and really there are so many similar issues with it as with other cities. I wanted to move to ATL 5 years ago but was not able to. Now , I have the flexibility to do so, but what is being said concerns me because it think as a outsider we are looking for some facts not just unverified opinions. Are there other resources available that can direct relocators? Thanks

Hi brc I just move from atl not because what everbody is saying I liked it I just had personal business that I need to take care so i moved back home but I will be moving back when I was their I met a whole lot of people from different are code in atl I was trying to find out place that I can go to be a promoter because i really like the entertainment business.And one more thing make sure that you have a car not one but two if you can because it really helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tb in Columbus, Ohio

53 months ago

Niyacleveoh said: I'm a 34yr old single black woman with no children. I'm looking to relocate also. I've lived in cleve oh all my life and just really need change. I have a LPN license and have been slowly working toward my RN. How is the nursing field in ATL? Dating for an attractive 34yr old woman whose clock is ticking? And also the safest neighborhood with rent of about 700$? Should I come to ATL? I've also been thinking of Houston and North Carolina. I heard NC is kinda slow. Houston is real far from 51yr old momma. I jus really need change...mayb happiness is in another state cuz it damn sho aint here.

I feel your pain. Cant wait to get the get out of this ice box in hell!

Brandi Callum Realtor in Conyers, Georgia

53 months ago

Some of the comments about Atlanta seems as if it is some other place they are talking about. Atlanta is one of the most diverse places I have ever lived and it is what attracted me to Georgia, and the beautiful trees.

Bad people are everywhere and we can start from our own families and the circles we travel in to find them. Its unfortunate all the terrible things that are said about this beautiful city, and metropolitan area, and there seems no one to defend it.

Please let me step up to that position for a moment. Life can be ugly and it can be beautiful. I have recently had the most hard breaking experience that could happen to any human being. But it wasn't the City. It was the person who did it. It has taken me a whole year to recover from the hurt and devastation, and I want to leave Atlanta, not because the city is bad, but the memories of what I thought was a perfect relationship haunts me.

I will leave behind, a beautiful city, beautiful people, and beautiful scenery. I will also leave behind beautiful memories of the man I love. I have already forgiven him, and I certainly do not hate the beautiful city we shared. From Stone Mountain to Underground Atlanta, to the Beautiful Lakes of Georgia - to the beautiful homes and night life, there is no place like Georgia. I am thankful for the life I had here, and the love I shared here, and therefore 19 years of happiness, can never be deleted because of 2 years of heartache.

Was this about Atlanta, no, it was about an individual experience. I am sorry for those who met mean people, and had bad experiences in Atlanta - but Atlanta should not be blamed. For those of you who haven't enjoyed Georgia, I urge you to call me and perhaps I can help you see the beauty here. And for those of you who have had a bad experience, I hope that God removes the bad experiences and replace them with good experiences and good memories on your next trip to Georgia. I would love to be your Hostess! :

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Thanks , for the wonderful representation of what you have come to love terminally. From your experience you have told two stories that are very much appreciated. I am 52 years old and wanting to settle somewhere that will give me golden years and not so much wondering about relationships but just peaceful beautiful environments. I am grateful for this post as it gives me hope again of what I through much research thought was my dream future.Your expression of love for ATL is so much more expressive than the love lost. I wnat to say that all love is not lost and that there is still a future so keep looking up and soon you will heal and be able to again claim you terminal love with the same passion as before. Thanks for the post .

Just Me in Pickens, South Carolina

52 months ago

I lived in Atlanta from '98 to '03. I hated it for the first six months. However, I had an ok job doing outside sales in downtown, buckhead, and perimeter area. Once I learned my way around, I started to really like it. There are some things that only someone who has lived here can tell you. It's pretty segregated. Meaning, you don't want to end up in the wrong neighborhood or street. I lived in Decatur and then Dunwoody. Once I moved out to Dunwoody things started going downhill. My commute became horrible having to deal with 400. Also, I lost my job and ended up having to settle for less so the bills wouldn't start piling up. The olympics and Katrina brought a lot of people into the city. Honestly, the infrastructure isn't there to support it. I was in my twenties and enjoyed the nightlife. But this is what they call a transient town. Most only stay for about as long as I did. Maybe a lil longer. It's really not a place to raise a family. People drive like nuts, schools suck, and commute times to work are unbearable. So, if those things don't bother you than maybe you'll like it. Looking back, I'm glad I left. I didn't particularly like living in my car. Cause that's what it felt like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Priceless in Freeport, Bahamas

51 months ago

Email me gemsandconcierge@gmail.com

51 months ago

Priceless in Freeport, Bahamas said: Email me gemsandconcierge@gmail.com

Are you asking me to email you ?

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

51 months ago

My sister lives in Marietta, a northern suburb of Atlanta. She works as a receptionist for a law firm there. Her husband works in downtown Atlanta for CSX in computers. My brother also lives in Midtown Atlanta and he works at a hospital pharmacy.

My other brother and I were down there in October of 2008. It's a nice place to visit, but I couldn't see myself living down there. I don't know about the cost of living and the job market down there, but public transportation is limited in the suburbs. My brother-in-law drives to the bus stop there in Marietta and he takes the bus into downtown Atlanta to get to work. The one bus line there where they live only runs during the week.

I'm staying put right here in Philly.

51 months ago

kim in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: hello my name is kim. i have two children i want to make that move to atl also. but dont know where to start. i would like to move by summer of 2011. im currently working at a hospital as a communications specialist and would like to do it in atl. email me with what u think i should do ok thanks.

Kim: My brother and sister, who live down there, and I all grew up in Folcroft, Delaware County.

Do you drive or take public transportation? If you do, check the MARTA website. (MARTA is the SEPTA of Atlanta.) Like I said in my last post, my brother works at a hospital pharmacy down there. Check out all the hospitals to see if they're hiring. Don't forget to research the cost of living there as well.

In fact, my other brother and I were supposed to go down there in April of 2008, but when we got to the airport, our flight was cancelled due to bad weather down there. On that day, most of Georgia, including the Atlanta area, was under severe thunderstorm warnings and tornado watches. Three weeks before we were to have gone, an F2 tornado tore through downtown Atlanta and it caused a lot of damage.

Downtown Atlanta is pretty quiet, but you like Midtown Atlanta. My brother drove is around the city, and Midtown is a very nice area. You'll also like Marietta, where my sister lives. Marietta is very spread out.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

51 months ago

Marietta, where my sister lives, is in Cobb County. My 10-year-old niece goes to school in Powder Springs. In fact, my brother picked her up at school after he picked up my sister from work.

51 months ago

My brother first lived in Atlanta during the late 80's and early 90's. Then he got laid off and he came back up here to Philly. In '95, he moved down to Fort Lauderdale. Then he moved back to Atlanta back in '99, and he's been living down there ever since.

My sister and her husband moved there a few months after they got married. (They were married in November of '98.)

The day that my brother picked up my sister at work and my niece at school, him, my other brother, and I went into downtown Atlanta and we took a tour of the CNN Center. No trip to Atlanta is complete without it. You'll love it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Haboub in Atlanta, Georgia

43 months ago

Atlanta is the worst city people don't come here . I am living ASAP .I am being honest amd direct .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Haboub in Atlanta, Georgia

43 months ago

Atlanta is the worst city people don't come here . I am living ASAP .I am being honest amd direct .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

What do you mean the worst?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Erinsmcool in Covington, Georgia

43 months ago

jeffsm in Atlanta, Georgia said: I can't figure out why everyone wants to move here. Unless you have a degree in a specialized field or special skills, forget it. The cost of living here is not that cheap anymore, & the only jobs available are very low paying service jobs. Cities are pretty much the same no matter what state you live in. There's nothing special about living here no matter what people tell you. Even temps services aren't hiring, & some offices are closing. Too many workers & not enough jobs. Your'e better off staying where you are, at least you know your way around there.

This is so true, it's not any jobs here you are better off where you at

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

TryingHardToFindWork in Arlington, Virginia

43 months ago

play in Stuart, Florida said: Glo I read your post and I waited for you to get back in touch with me I know longer live in georgia but I still have a brother are a cousin you can hook up with so if you serious email me vvaaff3@yahoo.com

Whoa, is this Indeed or Match.com? LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Onuska in Norcross, Georgia

42 months ago

I hate this place from many aspects

NL in Atlanta, Georgia

42 months ago

Atlanta, sucks seriously, there are no jobs here at all....i could say more about the city but I am going to leave it alone...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

atlanta born in Cape Coral, Florida

42 months ago

jeffsm in Atlanta, Georgia said: I can't figure out why everyone wants to move here. Unless you have a degree in a specialized field or special skills, forget it. The cost of living here is not that cheap anymore, & the only jobs available are very low paying service jobs. Cities are pretty much the same no matter what state you live in. There's nothing special about living here no matter what people tell you. Even temps services aren't hiring, & some offices are closing. Too many workers & not enough jobs. Your'e better off staying where you are, at least you know your way around there.

Email me at actionmarketingcc@gmail.com. I can help

Lenny

Terry B in Phoenix, Arizona

41 months ago

ladyfoster in jonesboro, Georgia said: Catika, I am the same person as MsLady.. some how my profile got messed up and I had to create a new one.... I wanted to say that if you need any assistance in looking into a federal position. Let me know. I would be glad to help you

I work for the Veteran's Administration, but there are never any postings in Atlanta for what I do. I wish there was a way that I can just transfer since I am already in the system and have worked for government almost 7 years now. Do you have any advice?

Worried Mother in Rochester, New York

41 months ago

My son moved to Atlanta 5 years ago and has yet to find a decent job. He is currently looking for a new job because his boss is too cheap to pay his salary (but can afford a new car, a new house, etc.) and says the firm needs to "scale back". My son is an attorney and CAN'T FIND A JOB. The job market in Atlanta is that bad. He also bought a condo that lost 35% of its value in 2 years. He owes far more on in than he can sell it for. Atlanta is a terrible choice to move to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Worried Mother in Rochester, New York

41 months ago

My son moved to Atlanta 5 years ago and has yet to find a decent job. He is currently looking for a new job because his boss is too cheap to pay his salary (but can afford a new car, a new house, etc.) and says the firm needs to "scale back". My son is an attorney and CAN'T FIND A JOB. The job market in Atlanta is that bad. He also bought a condo that lost 35% of its value in 2 years. He owes far more on in than he can sell it for. Atlanta is a terrible choice to move to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sgb8098 in Woodstock, Georgia

41 months ago

catika1974 in Calumet City, Illinois said: I am a 34 year old woman who want to start all over! I need a job in atlanta before I leave

I have lived in GA all my life. I am a native are you sure you want to move here? Are you on linkedin.com?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kjones in Kansas City, Missouri

41 months ago

Don't believe the hype! I say research, research, before you move to any city. I've visited ATL for one hour, I left just that quick. It's not worth it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jerry in Odenton, Maryland

40 months ago

catika1974 in Calumet City, Illinois said: I am a 34 year old woman who want to start all over! I need a job in atlanta before I leave

Are you cute, come to Maryland live with me for a while...it will be interesting

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.