What are the best neigborhoods in Atlanta?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 268)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

Where is the good life? For families? Singles?

Reply - Report abuse

George in Atlanta, Georgia

89 months ago

The most expensive parts are North of the center city in Buckhead where the Governor lives and many celebrities. Some estates there are basically castles as are the schools there. Further north is the Dunwoody area. Not quite as plush as Buckhead but still quite expensive and nice.

The city has a sort of ring around it that is I-285. Anything inside that perimeter is more expensive because it is closer to the skyscrapers and a shorter commute for corporate types. The further away outside the perimeter you go, the cheaper it is but there are still very nice suburban areas in a ring around the outside of the perimeter.

The ghetto is inside the perimeter on the south side of the city around the area where the prison is located. Ironically, that is also where the Braves stadium is and all of Atlanta flocks there for baseball games.

The city has basically the same shopping anywhere you go. Many small businesses (and therefore many jobs) are located in the far north around the cities of Marietta, Alpharetta, and Duluth. The rent for businesses (and homes) are much cheaper there.

The far East and far West areas are mostly industrial and the far South is the airport and only a few brave souls enjoy living where you have to hold grandma's picture from falling off the shelf every time a plane takes off (once every 10 minutes or so day and night. :)

No particular area is completely wonderful nor completely safe. It is, after all, a teeming metropolis the same as New York City or Los Angeles. You gotta have a car. There is no way to walk to where you got to be and even though the MARTA rail and bus serves the city well, everything is spread out. The metro area is about twice the size of Grand Rapids and would reach to the shore of the lake.

Traffic is horrendous. People look for jobs within 20 miles of home because you don't want to have to cross town twice a day (as much as 50 miles one way).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (310) / No (41) Reply - Report abuse

Georgia

87 months ago

Carolyn in Worcester, Pennsylvania said: HI!
I really want to move to Atlanta. Both my husband and I will be working in or very near the city. I saw a great home in Acworth. Does anyone know anything about it? I have a child and want to send him to private school. Thanks y-all!!

My name's Georgia, but I'm from PA. Acworth is too far from Atlanta to commute. The commute here is now officially longer than it is in L.A. Assume 30 min. per 6 miles. There are some decent public schools, but you'd want to access an annual report compiled by Ga State Univ before you'd put your kid in any school; GA is near the bottom on the national scene.

Atlanta geography and real estate are referred to as IP )inside the perimeter) and OP (outside the perimeter), and the perimeter is I-285, the highway that circles the city. IP is high-priced and high taxes. OP gives you more house for the $$, but the commute will kill you. Many people are now moving IP and living in high rises that are going up two to a block so that we can have more cars in town. IP is divided into many "in-town neighborhoods." You would not likely want to live anywhere except N, NE or NW. Public transporation is negligible except right in town.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (105) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

resident in Marietta, Georgia

86 months ago

Carolyn in Worcester, Pennsylvania said: HI!
I really want to move to Atlanta. Both my husband and I will be working in or very near the city. I saw a great home in Acworth. Does anyone know anything about it? I have a child and want to send him to private school. Thanks y-all!!

There are some lovely homes being built in the boonies (like Acworth) with prices very attractive to somebody moving here from the north. I'm sure to offend some people but living in Acworth would be like moving to a lil abner cartoon. Your lovely home is most likely surrounded by trailer parks.

Many northern transplants can be found in areas like Marietta and Alpharetta but if you are going to work in the city you need to look inside the perimeter (I285 northside) or Vinings. The equivalent home will cost 3x that of Acworth but at least you wont' have neighbors with toilet bowl planters in their front yards.

Find a good real estate agent that can best advise you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Trapped in Jonesboro in Atlanta, Georgia

82 months ago

I brought a new home in Jonesboro 7 years ago; to be close to the airport and green communities known for their southern hospitality, churches, and charm. The neighborhood was perfect then. But today this area is quite different! Mass transit, corrupt and/or inexperienced politicans, and residents too old to give a damn have brought ruin to this beautiful community- home to "Gone With the Wind". Today a bar, gun/pawn shop, pay by the month motel, and a used car lot is typically what you find within a one-mile stretch of road. Spanish-only signage is more common than not, on new businesses going up. The loss of certification by the county's public school system may have put the last nail on the coffin in terms of future economic growth. There are still a lot of wonderful families living here- Is there light at the end of this tunnel?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Carolyn in Harleysville, Pennsylvania

82 months ago

I am so sorry to hear this. I keep getting such conflicting reports. I would like to live in marietta or buckhead. Where is Jonesboro.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

M Fairly in Atlanta, Georgia

82 months ago

South of the Atlanta Airport, is where you can locate Jonesboro

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

frances rodney in Yonkers, New York

81 months ago

is college park, napeville, marietta, norcross, east point in close proximity of each other?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

landlady in Marietta, Georgia

81 months ago

Reply to: is college park, napeville, marietta, norcross, east point in close proximity of each other?

If Atlanta (the city) is in the center, then Marietta is northwest of there. It does not border Atlanta; it's one suburb farther. Norcross is northeast of Atlanta. It also does not abut Atlanta; it's about three suburbs out. Both Marietta and Norcross are outside the perimeter highway (I-285), or OTP, as we say here.

College Park, Hapeville and East Point are all inside the perimeter (ITP), although parts of College Park and Hapeville might spread outside I-285. They are all south of downtown Atlanta and north of the airport.

Someone asked about Stone Mountain. That is east of Atlanta, two or three suburbs outside the perimeter.

There are lots of other suburbs and neighborhoods as well. Try looking at a Google map of Atlanta.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

marian

79 months ago

Look at LaGrange ads on craigslist. 45 minutes from airport, quiet place out of atlanta but is a rideshare system to atlanta. college town with technical school

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lisa (in DECATUR, not Lilburn) in Lilburn, Georgia

77 months ago

I have been in Atlanta for nearly 43 yrs, my entire life. My mom is from NY and dad was from Memphis and I've traveled to the northeast, east coast, the southwest, and to the west coast. I've also been to Europe a few times...I mention these facts because I always said I would move away when I was old enough and after going to many other cities around the globe, I have NEVER found anywhere I'd rather live than Atlanta....more specifically, DECATUR. I am referring to downtown Decatur...not the outskirts with a Decatur address that really isn't the city proper.

Decatur is the closest thing to Mayberry you'll ever find. In fact, articles have been written describing Decatur as "Mayberry Meets Berkeley". Decatur has excellent schools, its own police and fire department, and unlike most cities, it is a community of people who know one another. We have occasional block parties, relatively little crime, and it is one of the few places around town where you can live without a car if you work anywhere in the metro Atlanta area.

Yes, taxes are high here...but I saved on private schools by sending my son, a National Honor Student who just graduated high school, through the Decatur school system. I'm planning on selling my home soon, but only to downsize since my son is leaving for college..I plan on staying right here in Decatur. Traffic may be bad in most parts of town, but I cannot even relate to the traffic woes many speak of since I can walk to most places around town, including the Marta station.

I read a lot of negative things about Atlanta here and I felt I had to chime in with my personal truths. Atlanta is a great place, and my favorite neighborhood is and probably always will be Decatur.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (103) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

frances rodney in Yonkers, New York

77 months ago

thank you, i have been conductintg my own research on cities in Atlanta and i have narrowed my search to none other than "Decatur" - now i know to narrow it down even mor to the downtown area. Thank you again, you've made my search more definite.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lisaconehead in Decatur, Georgia

72 months ago

Decatur is amazing...my son went to Decatur schools from kindergarten through 12th grade and is an honor student with a 4.0 GPA after his first semester at UGA. Decatur is as close as you can find to being in Mayberry without being in the sticks. None better. As for jobs, well, not sure about auto technicians these days, but Decatur is very easily commuted from to nearly anywhere in the metro Atlanta area in a relatively short time. I personally do not care for Marietta or other OTP (outside the perimeter) areas...too many cookie cutter neighborhoods and hit-or-miss schools. Decatur is awesome. Feel free to contact me for more information. In fact, since my son is now in college, I am hoping to sell my home this spring and downsize...but I am not planning on leaving the area, just planning on getting a smaller place. Would you like an awesome 1954 renovated brick ranch home? :~)) hope to hear from you soon. Lisa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kiella in West Warwick, Rhode Island

72 months ago

Thank you Lisa for the quick reply :) After doing ALOT of research I am leading more toward Decatur especially after your post. I'm very nervous to make this move so I want to make sure it's a good decision for my family. Schools and safety are most important. But I do need to feel out the job market more before I decide. Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kiella in West Warwick, Rhode Island

72 months ago

Thank you for the added info. My e-mail is barske@cox.net feel free to e-mail me. I appreciate any info that I can get. I'm sure a realtor could help but I'd rather hear real advise from someone who's lived in the neighborhood.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

people can be as happy or miserable as they make up their minds to be. Corny as it may seem, it's an inside job. I've been in Atlanta for over 43 yrs...my entire life...and I have had times that I was pretty miserable and times that I was totally blissful, and it had never had anything to do w/ living in Atlanta. I've been to a fair amount of other places, the southwest, New England, Texas, California, NY New England, as well as Greece, Paris France, all around Belgium and Holland, and so far, other than maybe living on a Greek island when I retire, none of the places I went to were better than HOTlanta! Oh..and high risk behaviors leads to HIV, not Atlanta! lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

T. DeShields in Rochester, Michigan

69 months ago

frances rodney in Yonkers, New York said: I AM GETTING SUCH CONFLICTING REPORTS ABOUT ATLANTA. WHAT IS THE REAL TRUTH, IS IT OR ISN'T IT A GOOD PLACE TO LIVE? I AM CONFUSED
WHAT ABOUT THE STONE MOUNTAIN AREA?

Hi everyone. My Name is Tracey and I to am moving to Atlanta sometime around July or August. But after reading the comment sections on this very topic, I too am very confused and somewhat afraid to make that move. So what is the real truth about living in Atlanta? On tv, they make Atlanta out to be the s%!t. RSVP Please!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

69 months ago

truth is, atlanta rocks. i am a native. economy is challenging EVERYWHERE, but Atlanta is better than most. I don't personally care for Stn Mtn, but there are nice sections. I love Decatur..great schools, Mayberry meets Berkeley. Happiness still comes from within I believe and the people who diss Atlanta on this board like they do would prob. be miserable no matter where they live.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Honey Bun in Rochester, Michigan

69 months ago

lisaconehead in Decatur, Georgia said: hi again...Decatur is really nice. I live in the main area of Decatur near the Decatur square...if you move to Decatur you probably want to stay in the NE part of Decatur..the city limits which use the Decatur school system. Even if you get to the Fernbank district, which is also nice and in the Decatur area, that's a great school district without the higher Decatur taxes. Fernbank is a DeKalb County school. If you send your email, I can email you back directly.
Hi Lisa, my name is Belinda and I too am considering moving to Atlanta but like the other young lady I am very confuse. However, I feel a little more comfortable with your comment about Decatur. I've only hear bad thing about Decatur. Anyway, my e-mail address is deshields31@aol.com. Please send me any helpful information that you possibly can. My lease is up at the end of June and I am getting restless trying to find a place to reside in Atlanta. Please Help!!! Thanks Lisa.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Baltimore, Maryland

69 months ago

I am moving from Maryland to Atlanta and have found a nice home in Fulton County. I am in search of a payroll position so that I can make this move possible. I recently received a phone call from ADP but they said that their location is to far from where I am moving. If anyone has any informtion on any payroll positions please let me know.

Thanks,

Jay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

John in Atlanta, Georgia

68 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

play in West Palm Beach, Florida

65 months ago

lisa (in DECATUR, not Lilburn) in Lilburn, Georgia said: I have been in Atlanta for nearly 43 yrs, my entire life. My mom is from NY and dad was from Memphis and I've traveled to the northeast, east coast, the southwest, and to the west coast. I've also been to Europe a few times...I mention these facts because I always said I would move away when I was old enough and after going to many other cities around the globe, I have NEVER found anywhere I'd rather live than Atlanta....more specifically, DECATUR. I am referring to downtown Decatur...not the outskirts with a Decatur address that really isn't the city proper.

Decatur is the closest thing to Mayberry you'll ever find. In fact, articles have been written describing Decatur as "Mayberry Meets Berkeley". Decatur has excellent schools, its own police and fire department, and unlike most cities, it is a community of people who know one another. We have occasional block parties, relatively little crime, and it is one of the few places around town where you can live without a car if you work anywhere in the metro Atlanta area.

Yes, taxes are high here...but I saved on private schools by sending my son, a National Honor Student who just graduated high school, through the Decatur school system. I'm planning on selling my home soon, but only to downsize since my son is leaving for college..I plan on staying right here in Decatur. Traffic may be bad in most parts of town, but I cannot even relate to the traffic woes many speak of since I can walk to most places around town, including the Marta station.

I read a lot of negative things about Atlanta here and I felt I had to chime in with my personal truths. Atlanta is a great place, and my favorite neighborhood is and probably always will be Decatur.

I have read your post and I see that you said you live in downtown decatur can you tell me the different between them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

play in West Palm Beach, Florida said: I have read your post and I see that you said you live in downtown decatur can you tell me the different between them

Downtown Decatur is a metro Atlanta suburb..it IS and is NOT a part of Atlanta. The city limit is 3 mi from my home and I can be downtown Atlanta in under 10 min. The difference is that Decatur has its own school system, police department, and has a very neighborhood-y, community feel to it. Taxes are high and worth every penny! My son got a superior public school education and is flourishing at Univ of GA on a Hope (free tuition) scholarship due to good grades.

for more info:
decaturga.org/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hazel 2726 in Washington, District of Columbia

55 months ago

As I can see, most of these posts are old. I'm not looking to move to GA til late 2011, or early 2012. I have only heard about Decatur, Atlanta, Marietta and Buckhead. Does anyone know about Savannah, Macon, Kennesaw, Gainesville, Peachtree City, Sugar Hill, and Redan?? I would like to know more about Atlanta, and its surrounding burroughs but I've heard that the traffic is horrendous, and that the gay community has taken over, which is fine by me, I'm not homophobic, but I've heard such conflicting stories. I have a job that allows me to transfer anywhere in the US. But I'm not sure where to tell them to send me. I will be traveling to Georgia late summer 2010, and would like to start looking at communities to live in. Anyone, with info other than this chick from Decatur, please help!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

this chick in Decatur, Georgia

55 months ago

Hey...it's the chick from Decatur. If you don't like traffic, don't move to Kennesaw, Gainesville, Peachtree City, Sugar Hill..unless you work in one of those cities.

I know a lot about the entire area..not just Decatur. Redan is not a city...it's a street in Stn. Mtn. Savannah is wonderful and old. Macon seems kinda yucky to me, but I have only passed thru (a zillion times) and would not want to live there. Kennesaw is a nice area but far away from the city.

Welcoming you with warm southern hospitality
signed...this chick from Decatur.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

hazel 2726 in Washington, District of Columbia

55 months ago

Thanx Chick.... What are the closest OTP cities worth living in?? I work in downtown Washington DC, so traffic for me is inevitable wherever I go. I'm already used to MEAN traffic. I want to get as close to the city as possible without having to pay city prices. And even though I have a car, if I were ever to be without one, I want to live in a place where I can still get to work using Mass Transit.I currently live about 11 miles outside of of the city in DC, and pay a pretty good price, but still expensive enough for the Metropolitian area. Is Atlanta the most "city" you will get out of the state?? Meaning, I know someone who lives in Savannah, which I know is about a 3-4 hour drive from ATL. But I never hear anything about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

this chick in Decatur, Georgia

55 months ago

hey there..I am not a fan of being OTP..and ok, for fear of being too PRO-Decatur...just move to Decatur! lol

Seriously...I know people who love Norcross, Dunwoody, Snellville, Stn Mtn, Clarkston, Avondale Estates and Avondale, etc..the last 3 being very close to Decatur w/out the taxes and still inside the perimeter.

It's all opinion...my brother built a dream mini-mansion in Blairsville 2 hrs. north of Atlanta...loves it. It's amazing...he actually loved it so much he built land and houses (wanna by a great lake house? ;~) I love it there too..but would I want to live there?
nope!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

play in Stuart, Florida

55 months ago

Hi ladies I have recived your message and I want to help you out about moving to ATL I just moved their 7month ago and I moved back were I lived not because any bad reason I moved back because one thing I did learn when I was in ATL is that you do need a car everthing is kind space out and if you are not on the marta route you will be paying taxi cabs out of your ass I had to pay taxi cabs to get around and it was not cheap with out a car it is very hard to get around but the little experience that I did get out of AtL it was straight they have a lot of things tgoing on but it depends on you and what you like to do if you like to go out they have a lot of that if you just want go to a show they have that Atl is and alright place to live I lived in Dekalb county in Lithonia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ericbro77 in Riverview, Florida

53 months ago

Are they any good Bussiness type males preferred, that are looking to rent a couch or room. Im a flight att so Im not looking to move in just need a place to stay when im in Atlanta. Prefer close to Atlanta Intl. Please email me.

53 months ago

Hi Jay. I am a 40 min Marta train ride...about $2 or so...from the airport in downtown Decatur. I'm a short walk to the Marta station. I am a female and would prefer a female renter as well, however, for short term stays, i would consider a male. Feel free to email back with your contact information if interested.

Shenike in Baltimore, Maryland

46 months ago

I have a question? Where do you work? Are they hiring?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lisaconehead in Lithonia, Georgia

46 months ago

I am a yoga teacher.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Do you live in Georgia now?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

susan in El Paso, Texas

46 months ago

frances rodney in Yonkers, New York said: I AM GETTING SUCH CONFLICTING REPORTS ABOUT ATLANTA. WHAT IS THE REAL TRUTH, IS IT OR ISN'T IT A GOOD PLACE TO LIVE? I AM CONFUSED
WHAT ABOUT THE STONE MOUNTAIN AREA?

just depends on what you can afford and where you want to live..i lived there for 10 years in buckhead but i also lived in peachtree city.....i was young in my 20s so i wanted the city life ....ifi had children or was married i would say marietta,dunwoody,sandy springs or alphraetta ... the main thing is what can you afford?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

I was considering relocating to Georgia my voucher.We are planning on moving from Baltimore A.S.A.P. Looking for somewhere in Georgia I can relax and have a peace of mind and still be involved with the inner city with a little distance in between the city and me. I am a single mom too my daughter is 11 soon to be 12 and she loves to be active. She loves Gymnastics. Anyone know of any Gymnastic schools in Georgia?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Well I just turn 30 yesterday and I love the family setting.What do you know of Dekalb county? (Decatur) That's where I considering. What about Lithonia?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

susan in El Paso, Texas

46 months ago

Shenike in Baltimore, Maryland said: Well I just turn 30 yesterday and I love the family setting.What do you know of Dekalb county? (Decatur) That's where I considering. What about Lithonia?

personally i dont like lihonia only because its too far from the middle .....i dont like spending 30 minutes in the car when there is no traffic to get to the action ....where are you going to work?when i moved to atlanta i had never been there ..i just moved ...takes time to learn all the differnt areas...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

antwan in Oakland, California

46 months ago

HI IM A 35YR OLD BLK MALE RELOCATING TO ATLANTA,GA THIS SUMMER FROM THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA IM LOOKING INTO THE ATLANTA SURBURBS MAYBE ROSWELL OR DECATUR I HERE ALOT OF GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE SURBURBS I DON'T MIND LIVING IN ATLANTA IM JUST SO USE TO THE CITY LIFE I NEED A CHAGE OF PACE ANY OPPORTUNITY THATS WILLING TO REACH MY CAREER GOAL PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Decatur is not really such a suburb...it is a city w/in Atlanta...it is a 12 minute ($2) ride on the Marta train from downtown Decatur to downtown Atlanta.

45 months ago

Well I am a 30 yr sigle mom moving from Baltimore, MD. I have done alot of researching in Georgia and I've heard alot about Decatur too. I am also looking to move there some time in August. I have an 11 year lod little girl who can't wait.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

I bought my house when I was nearly 28, my son was nearly 4. Moving to downtown Decatur and enrolling my son in the Decatur City School system was the best gift I could have ever given him. He's currently an honor student in the top 5% of his class at UGA's business school...and he's a great kid with a great group of kids with whom he's been friends since prekindergarten.

lisa (in DECATUR, not Lilburn) in Atlanta, Georgia

45 months ago

moving to Decatur was one of THE BEST decisions I EVER made regarding providing a strong community for my son. All due respect to College Park, I wouldn't live there if I was paid. ;~) Decatur was JUST named the BEST overall neighborhood in all of the metro ATL area. The schools are superior, it is low in crime and safe. My friends w/ kids who moved to cheaper areas to save $$, have paid dearly with having kids in trouble with drugs and/or getting lousy educations. My kid is at one of the nation's top business schools as a junior in the top 5% of his class. All that money I spent on high property taxes was worth EVERY penny.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

lisa (in DECATUR, not Lilburn) in Lithonia, Georgia

44 months ago

hi Shenike. I am not really an expert in the job market here. I teach yoga and there are plenty of opportunities for me here. I also have had an online business for years and still plug away at it. Decatur is also the county seat for DeKalb County, so there are tons of city and county government jobs, plus healthcare jobs as well. It IS expensive to own a home here due to high taxes..and worth every penny in the quality education our kids get!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

44 months ago

My brother lives in Midtown Atlanta, which is really nice. In fact, it's more alive than downtown Atlanta. My other brother and I were there in October of 2008, and he drove us around the city. It's more like the University City section of Philadelphia. High-rise condos, shops, restaurants, and so forth.

Marietta, where my sister lives, is very spread out, but it's also a very nice community, and it has a lot of shopping centers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

JAZZY in Spring, Texas

41 months ago

lroutledge in Los Angeles, California said: Wow...sounds like YOU need a change of scene...

RITE...CAUSE IF THEY HAVE A HIGH RISK OF HIV MAKES ME THINK YOU GOT IT.......AND U STILL LIVE IN ATLANTA....WHAT EVER.......IM TRANSFERING MY SECTION 8 TO DEKALB COUNTY.....PEOPLE THAT WANT TO MOVE TO ATLANTA DO NOT LISTEN TO PEOPLE WITH BAD ANSWERS......ATLANTA HAS THE BEST SCHOOLS AROUND......WE ALREADY KNOW SOME PEOPLE ARE GAY......WE DO WATCH T.V

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Jurnee

40 months ago

Hello I am from Georgia but I live 4 hours away frm atlanta. I am now looking for a place their in the Decatur area? Does anyone have any suggestion? I am 22 yrs old and will start Georgia Perimeter College in Jan 2012. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks Much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

I LOVE downtown Decatur where I live. College students can find good deals around here through the Emory and CDC lists...you can google Emory univ and find links to network to find a place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lyssa in Carthage, New York

38 months ago

Going to be going to CSU in Morrow, GA been looking for places to stay and JonesBoro, Ga is standing out to me on this specific side of Atlanta. Can someone please give me more information please and thank you!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rain in Boston, Massachusetts

38 months ago

Im looking to relocate to Atlanta early of 2012 and i havent heard much about Gwinnett county. I've heard good things about it but in which areas are the best schools I have a 9 year old child.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jdickerson in Kennesaw, Georgia

37 months ago

ATL FA in Marietta, Georgia said: The commute from acworth to downtown atlanta during rush hour can be 3 hrs. Do you really want to spend 6 hrs a day in traffic? I live in marietta and work at the airport (just south of downtown) but I typically leave for work around 2 pm and arrive back home at midnight so I miss the traffic. If you plan on working more traditional hours your commute will be awful. This is one reason why homes further north like kennesaw, acworth, canton etc are cheaper. Rush hr lasts from approx 6 am to 9:30 am - imagine 6 lanes all moving at 10 mph.

I commute from Kennesaw to downtown every day. It takes no more than 45 minutes each day. Occasionally it will be as low as 35 minutes or so, and this is departing 7:15-7:30am from Kennesaw.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.