I keep getting denied employment in the background check process...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

William Landingham in Dallas, Georgia

43 months ago

Hey Shon...

I just tried to e-mail you, but the address you listed keeps giving an error.

Email me at: bill.landingham@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

kyanna.mullen@yahoo.com in Thomson, Georgia

33 months ago

shon in Jonesboro, Georgia said: Hello bill.the answer to that is even though its a misdemeanor
charge,a lot of companies take that very seriously.The best way
to go is to see if you can get it taken off your record.I have the number to a attorney who can look at it.And if possible
have it removed for only 350.00dlrs.You may get back at me atlvscott420@yahoo.com

also try to get it expunged thru the state maybe cheaper 25 to process maybe a fee at the courthouse once you go the second process i am in the sam situation

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ugotyna in Fredericksburg, Virginia

31 months ago

I live in VA and having the same exact problem because of a fraud misdemeanor charge. Va is very strict. I am not able to have it expunged because I plead guilty. Not able to have the court records sealed. The only option is to ask the Governor for a simple pardon, which doesnt even remove from my record. I am female, in my 40's and only experience I have is clerical experience. I was wondering if anybody knows if I would be able to get a Real Estate License with a fraud misdemeanor charge in the state of virginia?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Nosympathy in Lawrenceville, Georgia

31 months ago

These expunged kits are all scams. Please don't get caught up in them and lose your money. There is nothing that you can do, but keep applying and hope for the best. A lot of people are looking and applying for jobs right now and employees have plenty to chose from. They would rather pick someone with clean records than have to deal with people with criminal backgrounds. Unfortunately, this is the price that you have to pay when you commit a crime, you lose the trust of society. Keep applying and keep praying. good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

31 months ago

Nosympathy in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: These expunged kits are all scams. Please don't get caught up in them and lose your money. There is nothing that you can do, but keep applying and hope for the best. A lot of people are looking and applying for jobs right now and employees have plenty to chose from. They would rather pick someone with clean records than have to deal with people with criminal backgrounds. Unfortunately, this is the price that you have to pay when you commit a crime, you lose the trust of society. Keep applying and keep praying. good luck.

I work in an entertainment venue and sometimes there are "security issues" usually fueled by alcohol.

Security often de-escalates the situation by warning the offender(s) that if the police are called, this will result in an arrest and that will haunt them til they die!

They usually listen to reason and calm down. But not always. Heh!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

MelissaF in Marietta, Georgia

28 days ago

Hi All,

Georgia has actually enacted a new law that will not allow court records to include identifiers such as social security number and complete birthdays. Clayton County took it a step further and has actually retroactively redacted that information from their court records. With this, background screening that does cursory database searches and even some county level searches may not pull up your name because of the requirement to have more than one identifier for criminal records. This may not be the answer you are seeking, but the states are becoming more and more aware of the applicants' rights.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.