Lisa said: I am in need of full-time employment. I am about to loose my home because I was laid off from my job. Please help.
I recommend several things.
1) Take a breath. Breathe!
2) However you choose to do it, get an awesome resume together.
3) Send your resume to companies that you would like to work for (go directly to their websites and, even if they do NOT post an opening in your field, send your resume anyway - snail mail it if you can).
4) Respond to any/all jobs that have qualifications which you fit.
5) Start a business from home where you offer to pick up various medications, groceries, (whatever) for senior citizens and others who can't leave their homes in your neighborhood. You would be SHOCKED at how many people there are right in your own neighborhood who can't get out and want to eat a fish sandwich for lunch but have to settle for a pizza 'cuz no fish place delivers! You could print up a flyer with your phone number on it and that you are currently available 24/7. You could charge $5 per delivery and, though it is not much, it IS something while you are doing all the footwork looking for a full-time job.
6) And what I always recommend to everyone for every situation - get on your knees and pray. It's free. It's simple. And it works.