new site to help with career progression and stop sterotypes

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

tiger town station in Zachary, Louisiana

95 months ago

www.tigertownstation.com

This is a new website i developed to show the different career paths in the Army today, from the Army BAND (which is taking auditions now) to officer jobs for college graduates. I designed the site because the more people I talk to the more I see that the view on the army and military life is the same it has been for 20-30 years. Everyone thinks that by joining or even looking into the military takes away your individuality and you have to stay in uniform 24/7 doing army things or whatever. If it was like this, i would not have stayed in:)

I am a recruiter, but I have taken a completely different approach than any of the other ones I have seen...I don't irritate the hell out of people. I did not join untill I was 20, and i only did because "I" wanted to. Joining the military is a choice that I do not think should be pushed. When i was in high school, the recruiters around where i lived would not stop bothering people, including me...which is not fun to have a recruiter show up at your house saturday morning and try and talk to you, I have not done this...I like to sleep on saturday. So check out the site and if anyone has any questions...whether you are thinking about the Army or not, ask away.

SSG James Woodard

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SFC Rivers in Fort Knox, Kentucky

95 months ago

good site with good info, goarmy.com is to vauge and doesn't gear to a certain area...i should have done something like this when i was recruiting

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.