Salary

Comments (7)

eric in Moss Landing, California

96 months ago

How much money does someone need to make in Bend to be able to afford a moderately priced home and have enough money leftover for a couple of vacations a year?

Julie Craft in Bend, Oregon

87 months ago

I came from the North East and when I moved here I was shocked at the low pay scales. I had to take a 30% pay cut from my former salary back east to do the exact same job here. If you have no debt, and just have to pay out the basic expenses of living and car stuff, I would say no less than $40,000. It is tough to find a position here that pays that though unless you are in a job like a doctor or lawyer. Most manager jobs pay in the mid 30's here. Nice place to live, but you really have to adjust your spending lifestyle. I was told you move here for the environment not to make a fortune! People here don't really care about the money.

James in Bend, Oregon

71 months ago

Currently unemployed in Bend, Oregon and I must say, I do really care about the money. Poverty with a view is still poverty.

Not so good in Bend in Bend, Oregon

71 months ago

eric in Moss Landing, California said: How much money does someone need to make in Bend to be able to afford a moderately priced home and have enough money leftover for a couple of vacations a year?

I make more than 40,000 and it is not pretty! My rent is 1,095, and barley making it!
Be prepared to pay a deposit on every utility you sign up for! AND do not forget State Taxes! That is one thing I did not prepare for!
People do care about money here! In Bend be prepared for the richy rich snobs! People care if you live on the East or the West! Just be aware!! I am just saying……

Ellie Sullivan in Bend, Oregon

50 months ago

Rent here is extremely expensive. Just for a small one bed one bath apartment is is around $600. There is almost no public transportation, so you have to add in car expenses. and there are no jobs...

CMLA in Santa Barbara, California

42 months ago

Yeah we love Bend. The people are so friendly and polite. I am concluding that every place is about the same when you consider the cost of living, vs income potential, vs all the other stuff. Like the price of a stock, it is all figured in. Best to understand that, compared to trying to change it. We will continue to vacation in Bend, but not sure if we will ever end up there full time, though we would like to.

Rojo in Bend, Oregon

41 months ago

Im moving back from Seattle to bend and the cost of living here is dirt cheap compared to seattle. I don't know why you all are crying about it. I've got a nice 3 bed house lined up for 800 a month renting. Split 4 ways thats 200 a month and utilities are included. You all just need to network and search for things better and not be so spontaneous.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.