Best companies to work for in Boise?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What companies are fueling growth in Boise? Why are they a great employer?

Reply - Report abuse

InaRut in Boise, Idaho

90 months ago

If you are content to remain in the position you are hired into then CLTS (Connexions Loyalty Travel Solutions, formally Carlson Leisure Travel Services) employer is "ok". If you are interested in upward mobility then take a pass. In addition the trend over the last couple of years has been to remove and water down benefits, including actual salaries, profit sharing, use of sick time, travel benefits. Mind you this all happened while the company reported multi-million dollar profits most of the last 6 years.

While I'm not holding my breath the company was recently acquired from its' parent company by its' original executive team give a glimmer of a hope that things may change for the better...but then again they may change for the worse...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Margarito Gutierrez in Morgan Hill, California

82 months ago

I have more experience in plumber

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

I would like to get opportunity for job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Here is my first time to get contact wich yuo
I would like to get more information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Boise, Idaho

81 months ago

Host said: What companies are fueling growth in Boise? Why are they a great employer?

It used to be a great market here, but not so much anymore, the good or great companies have either folded or been bought out (Boise Cascade, Albertsons (Really sux now under SuperValu), HP (downsizing ALWAYS), Morrison Knudsen) to name a just a few...

The market sucks here right now, and the foothold of companies based in or with a strong foothold has become almost nil unless you count Micron which is definitely on it's way out as far as job base... Who knows about headquarters... But I guarantee you the manufacturing and engineering jobs ARE GOING away as I type.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Windy in Boise, Idaho

75 months ago

If you insist on remaining in the Boise area your best bet is to pursue 'quick' schooling and transfer into one of the services sectors in medical or education. The valley will have a major restructure due to so many big employers downsizing or going out of business. I would have thought that all the incentives from the new administration would have helped bring jobs into the area for alternative energy but I guess there aren't any corportations interested in the idea. Last one out make sure to turn off the lights!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.