Commonwealth Sciences, is this place real?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

sqrach in Nowhere, Massachusetts

56 months ago

cwsciences.com/

Over the past year, I've probably applied to over 20 different positions from this agency.
Often times I apply multiple times to the same position because it will repeatedly be posted.
Other than saying my name, some positions I am perfect for and not many others could do.

I've never had any hint that this company really exists.
I'm wondering if they just sell my information.

Has anyone worked with or worked through them?
Has anyone ever had a reply from them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter in Brighton, Massachusetts

47 months ago

Hello,

Yes, Commonwealth Sciences is very much a real place. We are a recruiting firm specializing in science, engineering and green technologies. As professional contingency recruiters, our clients pay us to find them technology professionals with very specific skills sets. We advertise frequently on the internet and average anywhere from 60 – 100 responses a day. The reality is that we are only able to work with a small percentage of people that actually respond.

Many people feel that they are “exact fits” for positions we have posted, but have often overlooked some details of our job descriptions. We frequently hear from candidates with graduate degrees and no industry experience, people who need sponsorship for a visa, or are simply overqualified.

It is in our best interest to market people to our clients when they do have the appropriate background. Our clients pay us to identify people who have very specific industry experience and are usually in high demand. Our recruiters have technical backgrounds and years of recruiting experience. Our job is to determine who meets our clients’ needs, and who doesn’t. Our reputation depends on our ability to understand and meet our clients’ requirements. .

We would like to work with everybody that responds to us, but that is not realistic. We have limited resources and have to focus our efforts strategically. We run an ethical business and strive to treat everyone fairly. If we are unable to work with you, we wish you the best and will hopefully have an opportunity together in the future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

DontWantToBea99er in Somerville, Massachusetts

37 months ago

I've applied to Harvard University for jobs a trained monkey could do about 9 times, and I've been rejected every time, despite having administrative experience.

I'd say that Harvard University doesn't exist, but I pass it every day. Maybe it's a mirage? I've never tried actually going inside...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lisa freeman in Brighton, Massachusetts

34 months ago

I have apply to genzyme office inc, i have the background for the job, i am a environmental science student i have one more class to do and i will get my associate degree in Environmental science/ general science. can you help get my foot in the door to land a job in environmental science. here is my e-mail lsfrmn189@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.