Best schools in Charlotte?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Where are the best schools or school districts in Charlotte?

Reply - Report abuse

Gary in Lynchburg, Virginia

80 months ago

Host said: Where are the best schools or school districts in Charlotte?

Stay away from Charlotte Schools--go to one of the outlying counties, unless you want your child bussed across town.

Charlote doesnt believe in neighborhood schools--they are too worried about an OLD lawsuit about segregation, so they bus all the kids outside of their neighborhood school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

SpotOn in Charlotte, North Carolina

71 months ago

Gary in Lynchburg, Virginia said: Stay away from Charlotte Schools--go to one of the outlying counties, unless you want your child bussed across town.

Charlote doesnt believe in neighborhood schools--they are too worried about an OLD lawsuit about segregation, so they bus all the kids outside of their neighborhood school.

This above information is incorrect. The Charlotte/Meck School District DOES NOT have mandatory busing. In fact it has not had mandatory busing for close to 10 years now.

For more information: www.cms.k12.nc.us/discover/narrative.asp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Concord, North Carolina

56 months ago

As far as Jobs they are few an far between for any decent paying job. As far as schools look into Harrisburg (East side of Charlotte)They are very goog schools with all the new technology and building new ones every year or two to keep up with the growth. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

jbell in Livingston, Tennessee

54 months ago

SpotOn in Charlotte, North Carolina said: This above information is incorrect. The Charlotte/Meck School District DOES NOT have mandatory busing. In fact it has not had mandatory busing for close to 10 years now.

For more information: www.cms.k12.nc.us/discover/narrative.asp

Bad link

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.