Job Prospects in Charlotte--Looking to move from California

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Shane in Long Beach, California

14 months ago

Hi Everyone,

I am originally from NC (Hickory area), and have been out in the Los Angeles area for the past couple years. I'm about to get married, and we're looking at Charlotte as a potential destination to move to next summer. One of the big reasons is for cost of living. We could never afford to buy here when a house the size of my 1BR apartment runs in the $500,000+ range. Also, most of my family is back there, which is nice.

I want to start looking at job prospects in the Charlotte area, and could use some advise on companies/industries to look into. I have a BA in Psychology with minors in Statistics and Socioloigy. I also have my MA in Clinical Psychology. Since I have been out here, I have worked for the University of Southern California managing their social psych lab space. So, I have a couple years of research experience under my belt which could translate to most sectors as an analyst or research coordinator. I have experience with statistical software.

Basically, as a guy that wants to make sure his new family is taken care of, I want to see what job opportunities might be out there in my area of expertise. Any advice or leads in this area would be very greatly appreciated. I would really prefer not to move without a job.

My (soon to be) wife has a general education and special education teaching credential, so I'm fairly confident she will be able to find work somewhere in CMS since there seems to be a large need there.

Thanks in advance for your valuable input.

Shane

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.