Job search in Charlotte?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

Host

What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Charlotte?

Reply - Report abuse

Lois

77 months ago

Host said: What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Charlotte?

Yes, leaving a position here in Jersey to relocate to Charlotte but where are the jobs?I presently in a non-profit position of social work any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Tia Washington in Monroe, North Carolina

76 months ago

I am also from the North and having trouble finding a job. I am in the legal field with a bachelor's degree in criminal justice. It's becoming extremely difficult to find a position with reasonable pay. I know I will have to take a pay cut but so far I am not getting any responses from employers. If someone could give me a little advice or guidance it would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

CLo in Charlotte, North Carolina

75 months ago

I am also having problem finding a job. I been in Charlotte 8 months, I applie in every place is hiring and I am not getting any answer. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lloyd Rome in Washington, District of Columbia

75 months ago

I've bee unemployed for a year know with a four year Bach. Degree. Someone please give me some advise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mrs Santos in Charlotte, North Carolina

75 months ago

Hey LLOyd ,

You should try some employment agencies like Ajilon , Robert Half , Adecco also you should try this website the govement is always hiring in your area www.usajobs.opm.gov ),or indeed.com. Hope this helps god bless !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Harry Callahan in Charlotte, North Carolina

75 months ago

I have been in Charlotte for a few months from the northeast, and the advice is the same for this area, as anywhere. Its not what degree you have (for the most part), or how good your resume looks. Its WHO you know, not what. Not original advice, but even more true given the economic slowdown. Go out, meet people, and network. Its really helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mrs Santos in Charlotte, North Carolina

75 months ago

Ajilon , Signature , Robert Half Intl, Sherpa ,Adecco these are some of the agencies that are good contacts for Charlotte , NC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shana in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

75 months ago

Hey there,

I live near the Raleigh/Durham area-
Can someone please call me about entering the logistics field?! Ideally, I'd like to be a freight broker. However, I have a BA in Human Resource Mgmt as well as Sales/Business Development experience (mainly in Construction and Entertainment/Music) and would be willing to accept another position in the industry.

Please contact me if anyone knows of opportunity such as the aforementioned.

Thanking you,

Shana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Deborah in Gastonia in Denver, North Carolina

74 months ago

CLo in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I am also having problem finding a job. I been in Charlotte 8 months, I applie in every place is hiring and I am not getting any answer. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Join the club. I have also been trying to get a job in Gastonia and Charlotte. Have mailed cover letters and resume's, interviewed, and faxed. To no avail...nothing! At least these companies could let you know something, vie email or letter. What are they doing? Confused and frustrated!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

reggie mcfadden in Hackensack, New Jersey

74 months ago

Looking to relocate to charlotte north carolina. Are there any good pay jobs for an Industrial Electrician with 20 years of experience in that area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Natisha in Charlotte, North Carolina

73 months ago

I have also found that most companies who don't hire directly through Monster and Careerbuilder do hire only through temp agencies. The agenices I've had the most success with for include Adecco.com, Sherpallc.com, ajilon.com, accountemps.com, remxfinancial.com, and randstad.com. Two other great agencies for specialties other than business include corestaff.com and thereservesnetwork.com. There are also great Employment Security Commission websites throughout that allow you to use the internet and fax machines there for free. They also have job postings but they are very slow about recommending you for them. My only other advice is to network, network, network. When you know someone on the inside it helps a LOT. Hang out downtown and get to know the people that work where you are trying to go so they can show you how to get there! Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jim in Fort Mill, South Carolina

71 months ago

"You should try some employment agencies like Ajilon , Robert Half , Adecco "

Never work for Robert Half and try www.indeed.com for job postings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MJ in Austin, Texas

69 months ago

You may find some useful information at www.workingincharlotte.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Don in Charlotte, North Carolina

69 months ago

I have been living the Charlotte-Gastonia area for eight years now. I am interested in relocating to the Raleigh-Durham area. What are your suggestions for making this move?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shana in Raleigh, North Carolina

69 months ago

Depends on what you want to do in Raleigh, ie- school, industry, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Louis Redden in Newark, Delaware

69 months ago

I am looking to relocate to the Hendersonn/Raleigh,North Carolina
area and I am looking for a truck
driving position which offers
opportunity for advancement. Please
advise if you know of any companies
that are hiring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kenneth J

69 months ago

Im relocating to Charlotte I have worked Hospital Security four 20yrs, I have an AAS in criminal Justice, and also ex Navy any jobs for me or advise?

danpreston in Charlotte, North Carolina

68 months ago

Kenneth J said: Im relocating to Charlotte I have worked Hospital Security four 20yrs, I have an AAS in criminal Justice, and also ex Navy any jobs for me or advise?

Kenneth,

Have you checked out website for CMC and Presbyterian for job listings/careers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mizdivine in Bronx, New York

68 months ago

Just a bit curious....Why would you guys move to a new location without having a job lined up first????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

george in Mooresville, North Carolina

51 months ago

reggie mcfadden in Hackensack, New Jersey said: Looking to relocate to charlotte north carolina. Are there any good pay jobs for an Industrial Electrician with 20 years of experience in that area.

Electrician jobs are few here now and the pay is not anywhere what you are used to in the North. You are looking at $14-$22 if you are lucky even with the experience you have. If you are used to Union wages forget it.

Stafford Phillips in Charlotte, North Carolina

48 months ago

Host said: What are the best local job boards, job clubs, recruiters and temp agencies available in Charlotte?

I'm not sure just getting back into job search market after being employed as a substance abuse conselor for 8yrs. Right now just trying to get my berings.

sterr in Laurinburg, North Carolina

46 months ago

Hey Daddy This Is Shamani And Ronte And Jadan And I Just Want To Say I Love You And I Miss You.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Hey Daddy This Is Shamani And Ronte And Jadan And I Just Want To Say I Love You And I Miss You.When Are You Going To Your Mom House To See Me And Ronte And Jadan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Hey Dad

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Theressa in Charlotte, North Carolina

46 months ago

Hi Ya Sterr,

Hon, maybe you should try mailing your Dad @ his private e~mail. I'm not so sure he will see your remarks here. Private e~mail he probably checks each day...not so sure when he may check this site again. I hope you get in contact with him soon. Good Luck & Take Care!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Durham, North Carolina

46 months ago

not the best job market here; at least for finance & accounting.

Don in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I have been living the Charlotte-Gastonia area for eight years now. I am interested in relocating to the Raleigh-Durham area. What are your suggestions for making this move?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Benita in Durham, North Carolina

24 months ago

Don in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I have been living the Charlotte-Gastonia area for eight years now. I am interested in relocating to the Raleigh-Durham area. What are your suggestions for making this move?

Stay where you are. I have been living in the Raleigh/Durham area for 30+ years. Durham is very "clickish" and the people are "territorial". I am moving to Charlotte. I have an Masters is Business and Health Administration. Durham really sucks for networking. YOU had bettter know the RIGHT people not justanyone even at that they may not help you.

24 months ago

I am moving to Charlotte on June 1. I am a health administrator with an MBA also. Been in living/working in Durham for 30+ years. I would not advise coming here to seek career opps unless you are a medical student from another country. Does anyone know any real good contacts with Carolinas Health System. I went to seek networking from my college Alumni Charlotte but it is very disappointing to see that they got the money that I still owe for my degrees and they won't even give an alumni a referral. IT is not WHAT you know or the expensive education (based on that college you attended)..it is WHO you know. Wish I could have gotten a Duke education...they look out for alumni.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Anonymous in Durham, North Carolina said: not the best job market here; at least for finance & accounting.

Not the best for healthcare professionals unless you are a med student. I have 3 degrees and over 20+ professional work experience.

24 months ago

Relocating to Charlotte June 1 seeking health administration opportunities. Going to give it a try before I decide to leave the State of NC. I would like to know where to go for networking with other healthcare administration professionals (long term care administrators,health center directors,etc)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nlpalmer in Newark, New Jersey

20 months ago

Benita in Durham, North Carolina said: Relocating to Charlotte June 1 seeking health administration opportunities. Going to give it a try before I decide to leave the State of NC. I would like to know where to go for networking with other healthcare administration professionals (long term care administrators,health center directors,etc)

just relocated to Charlotte with a MBA in healthcare adminstration. I've had no luck findng a job. Haveyou found anything yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.