Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (38)

Host

What jobs are on the rise in Charlotte?

Reply - Report abuse

greg collins in Monroe, Michigan

83 months ago

Host said: What jobs are on the rise in Charlotte?

i want to move there and would like to be employed by Mr.Roush

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ryan Kingston in Charlotte, North Carolina

77 months ago

Heather99 in Berkeley, California said: Have you considered becoming an independent loss mitigation consultant? You can work your own hours, and your expertise is definitely in high demand due to the foreclosure crisis. If you are interested, please call my office at 800-679-7042 ext. 6860.

Hi Heather,

I am looking for a job and was intrigued by your comments. I would certainly be interested in finding out more information. But I did not want to just call you out of the blue. If you could post a reply I would be interested in talking with you more. Thanks Ryan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anthony Corsi in Ledgewood, New Jersey

77 months ago

I am moving to NC! Looking for a job and trying everything I can to get some exposure to employers looking to hire. I am currently working in Advertising for a large NYC fashion company. I have years of experience in the print industry as well. I would be interested in speaking w/ anyone w/ any leads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Killeen, Texas

77 months ago

Hello All,
I am retiring from the Military after 21 years and am very interested in moving to Charlotte. My field of training is in Telecommunications. I am curious as to know if anyone knows of any comapnies that are hiring? Thanks for taking time to read my post. I can be reached by email at michael.a.brandly@us.army.mil
V/R

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mark Green in Charlotte, North Carolina

77 months ago

I just relocated to Charlotte from NY and looking to do some direct marketing that doesn't require me to go door to door. working a basic 9-5 monday thru fridays. Does anyone knows of any jobs out there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kimberly Kraut-Arnett in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

75 months ago

Eager to relocate to Charlotte, North Carolina and currently in search for an LCSW position with a clinic/private practice. Know of any agencies/ clinics/clinicians in private practice looking to add another psychotherapist to their practice? I am a seasoned professional treating dual diagnosis clients. I can be reached at kimnpaul@sbcglobal.net and would be appreciative of any links anyone has for inquiry! Thanks for your time and kind consideration!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Windle Watkins in Blacksburg, Virginia

75 months ago

I'm looking to relocate to Charlotte and I'm interested in making a career change...interested in finding a position in Marketing in the areas of strategic planning, market development or brand management. Anyone have any suggestions of companies to contact? My educational background is in Marketing (B.S. and M.B.A.) and I have have many years of business experience. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dsnielle Washington in Baltimore, Maryland

75 months ago

IM LOOKING FOR A JOB IN THE HEALTH FIELD. I HAVE A CERT. IN MEDICAL ASSISTANCE, I AM A MEDICATION TECHINITION, AN I ALSO HAVE EXPERIENCE AS A CAREGIVER FOR THE ELDERLY

dean suraci in Cornwall, New York

75 months ago

william thomas in Clinton Township, Michigan said: i am a layed off car designer/engineer and i am interested in job oppurtunities in north carolina. willing to relocate permantley.ug,sdrc.cgs and pdgs are my 3d cad systems used.looking for interested employers. please respond

Hey Bill,

Just curious? The 6:30 Evening News on television did a story about a laid off auto designer in Michigan a few months back. I believe they told the story about a man who couldn't find work and was delivering newspapers in the morning to make ends meat, and he was also having difficulty paying his mortgage. I don't mean to be a noseybody, but just curious if that person was you?

Either way, good luck with your job search, I wish the best for you and your family.

ababa in Charlotte, North Carolina

74 months ago

My husband is a lead carpenter who specializes in remodeling. We have a small child and another on the way, so are always looking for side jobs to help make ends meet. If you, or anyone you know, has any remodeling or landscaping needs, please get in contact with us. Thanks, Lacey 571-527-6727 constructionchuck@gmail.com

MJ in Austin, Texas

74 months ago

You may find some useful info on www.workingincharlotte.com

LR in Harrisburg, North Carolina

74 months ago

I am multilingual International Credit Professional with an MBA with some experience in Commercial Credit and extended background in Chemical Manufacturing and technical liaison with an international company (I have a Bachelors in Chemistry). My work search in Charlotte through job postings, networking and placement agencies has yet to paid off. I plan to get a degree in accounting to become a CPA, but would be nice to find work.

Any advice?

hostrayrobertson in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

74 months ago

good site

RootN424 in Kannapolis, North Carolina

74 months ago

Biotech - brand new research campus being developed in Kannapolis.....from what I've read, there will be many jobs opening up within the next year - not all needing a biotech background. Would recommend staying away from the banks.

74 months ago

RootN424 in Kannapolis, North Carolina said: Biotech - brand new research campus being developed in Kannapolis.....from what I've read, there will be many jobs opening up within the next year - not all needing a biotech background. Would recommend staying away from the banks.

Thanks!

Last week I attended and information session in Kannapolis about that! There seems to be lots of options. I am excited about it.

74 months ago

virgocalifornia in Moreno Valley, California said: I am looking for someone with heavy operations, research, industrial engineering and/or forecasting background. Incumbent will deploy and lead an operational team so management backgroound is important. Position is located in Charlotte, NC. If you have the background please contact me or if you know of someone who does please pass along my information. My name is Norman Harris and I am with the Bank of America staffing team. My direct line (909)390-5805 and my email address is norman.l.harris@bankofamerica.com.

Hi Norman.

It looks like you need managemente experience at a level that exceeds what I have to offer at this time. I have a profile on BOA's data and look through it periodically. It appears that with the heavy BOA lay-offs in Charlotte, you probably have internal candidates with the experience that you seek.

Thanks for your kind reply, and may you find the perfect candidate.

Just a Helper in Charlotte, North Carolina

74 months ago

Conserning profeshonalizm, you may want consider spelling and gramtigal coreckness

raye47 in Huntersville, North Carolina

73 months ago

Looking for legal administrative/secretarial work in Charlotte. Relocating there mid-Sept. Didn't expect to find an apt before I got there, but I have so I need a job soon. I'm 56 and was laid off in April from a law firm NYC. Relocation to Charlotte was already a planned, but things are moving really fast now. I didn't think of my age until now. I'm a rather spry 56 and a hard worker. Let me know if you have any leads. I'd be most grateful. Also, I'm working with the following job sites I got from AARP, in case anyone is interested: RetirementJobs.com, SeniorJobBank.org and RetiredBrains.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jacqq in Snellville, Georgia

73 months ago

I am looking seriously at relocating to North Carolina, Cary or CHARLOTTE, OR RALEIGH North Carolina to be near my military son. I have two degrees, An AA in Journalism and a BA in Communications. I have over seven years experience as a Medical Secretary as well as Sales experience. How does the job market look for administrative support. I am a Baby Boomer as well. Children all grown and gone.
I have excellent proof-reading skills and writing skills. I would like to become independent and work from home if possible. Any suggestions?

raye47 in Huntersville, North Carolina

73 months ago

Hi. As you can see, I too am looking for administrative work in Charlotte. You might have noticed the 3 web sites for us baby boomers in my comment. I've been hunting online through monster.com and careerbuilder.com since June. Seems to be the online job search rules have changed quite a bit; that is, my experience for several years (I maintain a job alert agent at both monster and careerbuilder -- at monster since 2003 -- and the requirement used to be to simply find jobs you were suited for and click their apply button and the resume you set up with monster and your cover letter (if you choose) would be automatically forwarded to that potential employer. No longer. Now, perhaps because of identity concerns online, the responsibility for our personal information rests with the employer and not so much the recruiter. So, when we apply through monster or careerbuilder or hotjobs, for instance, we're directed to the potential employer's online application, which is now considered a legal document, whereas a resume by itself is not. I just keep hunting. Actually haven't been to sleep yet, up all night reading job opportunities in and around Charlotte. First time feeling the age crunch. It's a reality, but it won't bite me. I bite back. Join me in biting back. We can't fight with the same combatants the big dawgs have, but we can do one thing for sure: DON'T GIVE UP. Stay in touch. I'll keep you abreast of what I learn. If I connect with any substantial leads, I'll pass them on to you. Your credentials are impressive, and keep in mind also that only just this past week it was brought to my attention that many of these employers are demanding at least associates degrees. All I have are 30+ years in the legal industry and a plethora of software application experience, which would benefit an employer just fine if they'd let me in the door. I refuse to fret, though. Then there's also the virtual assistant. Be blessed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Ray47, thanks so much for your comments. I am in the same age group--Empty Nester, & BABY BOOMER, and it has hit me regarding age as well. Listen, why don't we do our own thing. Collaborate together and start our own research/investigation agency. With your 30yrs+ and my 10 -15 years, we can make our own darn job? Are youg game?

My direct email is mickeymouse555@live.com...email and let's discuss details. I have great ideas that just need to be acted upon. Truly!!!!

73 months ago

raye47 Also, I just wanted to add that working as an Independent may be an answer, but I know in the meanwhile a steady paycheck is needed. Have the other Senior Job Boards been helpful at all? I will join them as well. The entire corporate thing just ain't my thing (to borrow a little slang) anymore. I want something that pays well without all the fuss. I have always wanted to work as a legal secretary, but lacked the experience in terms of legal. I've heard that just typing only for a law firm can pay pretty well, but getting in is difficult without previous experience in LEGAL... you get my drift. I heard a guy talk about his wife who was a Paralegal, who decided to go off on her own and provide Research services to attorneys, particularly targeting new attorneys or those large law firms that may be swamped with too many cases. She charges $55 an hour and it seems to pay better than she was making previously. So I am looking but also looking outside the box as well .... I have been unemployed for six months now and things are getting hairy, very very hairy to say the least. It makes me wonder why did I bother to get my degrees. They aren't doing me much good nowadays it seems. BUT I WON'T GIVE IN AND I WON'T GIVE UP and I am ready to relocate which seems to bea better thing to do and I have chosen North Carolina.... Stay in touch... GOD HELP US BOTH!!!
Jacqq in Atlanta---seeking-searching wanting to relocate to NC 8-23-08

73 months ago

Oh yes, I forgot to add that I type 65 words per minute.... would love to get hired with an attorney firm in North Carolina...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cheryl mcdowell in Shelby, North Carolina

72 months ago

no comment

JC in Matthews, North Carolina

71 months ago

Veteran Sales/Business Development/Marketing Professional looking for a new opportunity in the Greater Charlotte area. Have worked for major media/communication companies. Looking and interested in the Banking/Finanical fields. Start-ups and new companies are a favorite. Serious inquiries only...I can be reached at: jc.media1@yahoo.com

joblessNmichigan 2wice in Milford, Michigan

69 months ago

Hi- I am in dire need of a job, been unemployed more in the last yr and half than employed..I have 12 yrs of mortgage experience, from loan officer, processor and closer/funder...I really would like to move to NC in the next month. Please if you know of anyone hiring. I am available immediately.
Thank you!!

ROOTN424 in Kannapolis, North Carolina

69 months ago

Hmmm...would think with the interest rate drop there should be a refi-craze going on. What that means is mortgage companies at least bringing in temps to cover all the excess. Just a recommendation - do some searching on mortgage companies in and around the Charlotte area, stay away from the banks.

joblessNmichigan 2wice in Milford, Michigan

69 months ago

ROOTN424 in Kannapolis, North Carolina said: Hmmm...would think with the interest rate drop there should be a refi-craze going on. What that means is mortgage companies at least bringing in temps to cover all the excess. Just a recommendation - do some searching on mortgage companies in and around the Charlotte area, stay away from the banks.

Thank you for the reply...I am checking out the temp agencies now and applying for what I have seen so far. I don't see any banks really hiring until maybe next year (later in 2009) if that, they always have job positions open, but that really does not mean that they're hiring right now. I don't think we'll have a refi boom just yet with the economy the way it is.

D Long

69 months ago

joblessNmichigan 2wice in Milford, Michigan said: Hi- I am in dire need of a job, been unemployed more in the last yr and half than employed..I have 12 yrs of mortgage experience, from loan officer, processor and closer/funder...I really would like to move to NC in the next month. Please if you know of anyone hiring. I am available immediately.
Thank you!!

Are you still looking for work?... We may need to talk..dlong@carolinatrust.com

adam franks in Charlotte, North Carolina

69 months ago

ok ive been looking for work for about 4months now...and the only thing i've been fortunate to find is stocker at a nearby Food Lion...but that didnt work out because i was in a 90day trial u may say...and my newborn son was born and i didnt come to work for a few days and i was fired because of that...now ive been looking again and i cant seem to find anything.. I have experience in HVAC as a helper/General Laborer for about 6 years...and im willing to do anyhting for work right about now..like i said i have 2kids

norman cox in Charlotte, North Carolina

67 months ago

Heather99 in Berkeley, California said: Have you considered becoming an independent loss mitigation consultant? You can work your own hours, and your expertise is definitely in high demand due to the foreclosure crisis. If you are interested, please call my office

Could You send some information on this thanks

randy in Ellsworth, Maine

67 months ago

moving down in about 30 days.have 30 yrs exp.in stellite and tv installs looking for work.have tools and truck .

Virgocalifornia in Concord, California

65 months ago

LR in Harrisburg, North Carolina said: Hi Norman.

It looks like you need managemente experience at a level that exceeds what I have to offer at this time. I have a profile on BOA's data and look through it periodically. It appears that with the heavy BOA lay-offs in Charlotte, you probably have internal candidates with the experience that you seek.

Thanks for your kind reply, and may you find the perfect candidate.

LR-
We are still building out that team and looking for people with industrial engineering and/or operation research background. Management experience is not necessary.

LR in Concord, North Carolina

65 months ago

I would be interested in knowing more about it. It looks like my qualifications may be a good fit for some positions in that team. Is there a specific job title that I need to search in your job posting data base?

I will be glad to send you an updated resume.

Thelma768 in Brooklyn, New York

65 months ago

I am looking to move to Charlotte North Carolina sometime this year. Can't until I locate a job. I am a secretary/word processing operator. Knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel. Type 70 wpm

bulgogi1970 in Cary, North Carolina

65 months ago

Jacqueline Bauer in Albemarle, North Carolina said: Out of work at the age of 58 and being a white female the corporate world needs to look at whate they are hiring. The young kids are very unprofessional what they are hiring, plus they are not staying. If they hire the mature individual they are staying until they retire.

One of my background is in Collections/Commercial and Consumer; the other is Sub Prime Collections/Loss Mitigation with over 5 years.

I will travel to a job 1 hour, which mean Winston Salem, Charlotte and surrounding area.

Can someone assist me. The temp agencies are not even talking to me. Over qualified.

Thanks for listening.

Jackie Bauer

Jackie have you tried subscribing to Linkedin? and join many of the groups for your area? You can network with alot of professionals in your field and jobs are posted there all the time and many times by the HR hiring personnel and not the #@! vultures from the temp agencies.

A Secretary in Fort Mill, South Carolina

65 months ago

To all looking for secretarial work - this is the WRONG TIME to be looking for a position in Charlotte. With all the layoffs around town - at the banks, the big law firms, and tons of other industries - secretaries and administrative staff have borne the brunt of the bad times.

Whereas in 2007 you would have only 50-60 resumes coming in for one admin position, now employers are receiving 400-500 PER POSITION. Not only that, but because the market is flooded, salaries have dropped to HALF of what they were just two years ago. Whereas $45K was the norm for mid-range secretaries in 2006, it has dropped to about $32K in 2009 - for FULL-TIME employment.

At my company alone (which is a smaller company of about 100 employees), eight administrative staff have been let go over the past several months. And these are highly-qualified admins with a LOT of experience under their belt. NONE of them have found jobs since being laid off.

So if you have plans on moving here and finding work as a secretary or assistant - think long and hard about it, because it's harder than you think.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.