wanting to relocate to North Carolina

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 352)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

nina in Mesick, Michigan

76 months ago

I want to pick up and move south,where is the best place to move to in North Carolina? no kids just pets...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (220) / No (46) Reply - Report abuse

Joyce in Ellenville, New York

76 months ago

I am also looking into moving south. I have office/ reception experience and will continue to check out both apartments and jobs in North Carolina.I have had enough of the taxes and the people here in New York state. There has to be more out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (89) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Dean Suraci in Cornwall, New York

76 months ago

Joyce in Ellenville, New York said: I am also looking into moving south. I have office/ reception experience and will continue to check out both apartments and jobs in North Carolina.I have had enough of the taxes and the people here in New York state. There has to be more out there.

I have been thinking lately like you also. The taxes and housing are unreal in NY. Not sure bout North Carolina though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Dean Suraci in Cornwall, New York

76 months ago

"There has to be more out there."

Dean Suraci

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Thanks for replying Dean. I may not personally know about North Carolina but I have heard of quite a few people leaving this area to seek a better life there. And I won't know unless I try. I am in the process of clearing out my things here and looking for work there. And like I said " There has to be more out there".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

danpreston in Charlotte, North Carolina

76 months ago

Dean & Joyce

From what I have heard from my clients is that it is a lot easier to find a job when you have a Charlotte area address. The only problem with that is it takes a huge leap of faith. If you have friends in the area that will be willing to let you use their address while searching.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

I moved down here a few years ago. I found that I was welcomed with open arms. Let me know if you need any info on the area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Dear Dan,
Thanks again. How nice of you - see I have already found that the people there are nice. I just may take you up on that offer for info. It's always a bit harder when you are going it alone but regardless I am determined to make the move. I am still looking into work as we "speak", and it is good to have someone who is in the know of things there. Have a wonderful afternoon. I can only hope that all will be as friendly as you.
Joyce

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

deansuraci in Cornwall On Hudson, New York

76 months ago

Nowadays, more people and businesses leave New York every year then come.

It is extremely tough to find a job in another state, especially if it's a state that's far away. I think what it is is that employers feel that they can get a person to fill the position in that state (NC for instance) without having the hassles of going out of state to find an employee. You know what I mean? Especially entry level and mid career type positions. I guess they figure there might be hassles like plane cancellation day of interview, etc, etc, etc.

Your right Dan..it is a huge leap

I'm tired of NY also. I always say why are we paying so much in taxes up here when the weather 5 months out of the yr is awful-COLD?

I forget who, but on another Indeed forum someone wrote about a lady from Illinois who just quit her job one day, packed up her belongings and 2 cats, moved to Phoenix, found an apartment and a job-as if it was no problem, life went on. Maybe it's just a tall-tale.

Not much in Ellenville Joyce, just make sure you get a job first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Yes Dean you are correct and it is also hard finding a job anywhere these days.
And while it is a huge leap, I have asked myself just how long is someone supposed to wait for better things to come along. The taxes,prices, unemployment, weather, and lousy attitudes are some of the things that are prompting me to make the move. And yes I am being realistic, it won't be easy and there are negative people and things in other parts of the world but I am also trying to be optimistic. There will be a light at the end of the tunnel. I will work hard and do the best that I can. Thanks for your comments it has been refreshing hearing an honest and intelligent point of view. Have a great evening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Joyce in Ellenville, New York said: Dear Dan,
Thanks again. How nice of you - see I have already found that the people there are nice. I just may take you up on that offer for info. It's always a bit harder when you are going it alone but regardless I am determined to make the move. I am still looking into work as we "speak", and it is good to have someone who is in the know of things there. Have a wonderful afternoon. I can only hope that all will be as friendly as you.
Joyce

Joyce,

Feel free to contact me anytime if you need some info. Have a great day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Naomi in Richmond, Virginia

76 months ago

danpreston in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Naomi,

What type of job are you looking for? Do you have any friends in the area that might let you stay and borrow their address to help you find a job. I think recruiters are more reluctant now a days to hire someone from out of state/town.

Thank you dan how nice of you to respond to me. I am looking a job in business, economics, accounting or education sector. The problem is I dont have any friends in NC. As you said I think the recruiters r hesitant to hire someone from another state but still it does not make sense to me. Otherwise they should indicate in their job posting the position is open to only local applicants. Any way i dont know what will be the best thing to do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

deansuraci in Cornwall On Hudson, New York

76 months ago

Naomi,

I know what the experts say about networking. But I truly believe that MOST people do not have a very strong business network. (including myself) Most people find jobs by themselves or thru recruiters.

And, as I have written earlier, most employers really are not going to hire applicants from out of state if it's an entry-level or mid-career position. Now if it's a CEO type position than they will open their search up to other states because of the lack of these type of applicants in the surrounding cities by the company doing the hiring.

Whatever you do Naomi, do not move first before having a job, big big big mistake!

I guess if a company hires a person from out of state and it doesn't work out, they probably will have a tough time firing the person. Now that the person has rented or bought a place and might have no family in the area for support. It could become a really messy and distress situation for both employer and employee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Dan,
Again thanks for the assistance. I have been sending out my resume and have included agencies in my search. I received an email yesterday from a group in NC that asked if I am interested in relocating - YES, to that. I will setting up an interview and with any luck I can at least get my foot in the door and the rest will soon follow to the south.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Joyce in Ellenville, New York said: Dan,
Again thanks for the assistance. I have been sending out my resume and have included agencies in my search. I received an email yesterday from a group in NC that asked if I am interested in relocating - YES, to that. I will setting up an interview and with any luck I can at least get my foot in the door and the rest will soon follow to the south.

Joyce,

Congrats and goodluck!!! Let me know how it works out. Have a great long weekend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Thanks, Dan. I'm sure that this is the start of a long haul, but I am keeping a positive outlook. I am still sending out resumes and looking into all avenues that come along. Seems like every day I run into someone that either has been in NC, or knows someone there and has been helpful with info. As has this forum and people like you. Enjoy the weekend!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

catherine quinn in Portsmouth, Virginia

75 months ago

Moyock is a good area, and close to Virginia line, when wages may be a bit higher

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Naomi in Richmond, Virginia

75 months ago

danpreston in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Naomi,

Keep sending out those resumes. Eventually some will get a hold of you.

Thanks dan I will keep on looking. Charlotte is very beautiful city with diversified population. I love it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Hey Dan, Dean, and Naomi,
That is the best advise. I have been busy sending out resumes all over the south. I am more then ready to leave the state of NY behind me. And yes while it will be a huge undertaking - life should be an adventure. I've also been going through my things to get rid of any unnecessary baggage. And looking into apartments elsewhere also. Naomi - keep at it and keep your hopes up. Something good will come along. And good- luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jamadd in Tampa, Florida

75 months ago

Looking to relo to NC from Tampa. I am looking for senior level communications/pr management positions. Flexible on location within NC, SC, DC, VA, MD. Any advice on what area/s of NC might have the most opportunities/quality of life?

Thanks so much,

Andy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Hey Andy,
I am also looking to relocate to the NC area and have been told that Asheville, Durham and Cary are good choices for both quality of life and job opportunities. I have been in touch with a few of the staffing agencies in the Asheville area and they have been very helpful and optimistic. Good luck in your search and if you would like any of the info I have please feel free to contact me @ wet-silk@hotmail.com Have a good evening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

jamadd in Tampa, Florida said: Looking to relo to NC from Tampa. I am looking for senior level communications/pr management positions. Flexible on location within NC, SC, DC, VA, MD. Any advice on what area/s of NC might have the most opportunities/quality of life?

Thanks so much,

Andy

Andy,

Andy,

Both Charlotte and Raleigh might be areas that you want to look into. When are you looking to relocate?

jamadd in Tampa, Florida

75 months ago

Hi Dan

As soon as one month from now. I have one connection in CLT and a couple of distant relatives in Cary. Any suggestions for networking with specific co's in my field?

Thanks

Andy

spot on in Fort Mill, South Carolina

75 months ago

Truthfully employers have the upper hand when it comes to hiring in the Charlotte area. There has been such an onslaught of new transplants to the area that everyone is fighting for the same jobs (course some careers will be better than others - if you are an IT person, forget about it as you are a dime a dozen here). You may send out hundreds of resumes and not receive a response from any of them (this happens even if you live here locally - even more so if you are out of state).

Anyone that is just now thinking about moving from NY to Charlotte, NC I'll tell you that there are many that have gone before you (Union County seems to be an area where most NY'ers have moved to).

To the person who mentioned Asheville, NC - good luck - due to the fact that Asheville residents will quickly tell you that unless you are into waiting tables, or working at a hotel there really is not much industry there.

Wish any of you the best of luck though if you decide to move here without a job, and not much cash saved up but I would greatly advise against it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Don in Charlotte, North Carolina

74 months ago

I believe that the Triangle has a greater variety of jobs than does Charlotte. Charlotte is so focused on banking and finances. You may also find that the Raleigh-Durham area has a firmer sense of community. If you compare downtown Raleigh to downtown Charlotte, you will find Raleigh to be less congested and less hurried in general. Hope this helps in some way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jamadd in Tampa, Florida

74 months ago

Jay in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Moved to Charlotte from Maryland a year ago and I hate it. The jobs here are scarce. I am longing for Maryland right now. My family and I relocated here from MD because we wanted to buy a home, in which we did. Sure it's cheaper to live here, but with the job market the way it is now, it's better to move to the Maryland or Northern VA area. Maryland is the richest state in the United States mainly because of the government jobs there. If you are to move to NC, then you may want to try Raleigh. I advise you to stay away from Charlotte. The money is farther north.

Hi Jay

Thanks for your perspective. I'm sorry it sounds like you are regretting your move. What field are you in? Did you come to CLT with a job lined up or did you look once you got there? Do you have any regrets about the home you bought or the neighborhood? Is it close to where you/wife work?
Thanks and I hope things improve for you soon. Andy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Don in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I believe that the Triangle has a greater variety of jobs than does Charlotte. Charlotte is so focused on banking and finances. You may also find that the Raleigh-Durham area has a firmer sense of community. If you compare downtown Raleigh to downtown Charlotte, you will find Raleigh to be less congested and less hurried in general. Hope this helps in some way.

Don,
Thanks for putting in some positive input. Lately I have seen a few negative comments here - I'm sure that there are areas in North Carolina that the job market is scarse - but isn't that happening all over the United States? It is a risk going anywhere to find work, sometimes you may not find a great paying job but some of the other benefits may make a difference.
As for me the cost of living here in New York is outrageous, the utilities keep going up and up with no end in sight as well as gas and fuel costs. So many homes are going up for sale in and around the small town I grew up in. And just as many once lush green areas are being destroyed to build gigantic homes for people that come from the city - wanting to escape the noise and pollution. Only to find that many of them can't afford the monsters they built - so now we have less trees and more empty homes.
As in many other small towns - our factories have shut down, leaving many families out of work. There is no easy answers - no perfect place for any of us to go. But like I have said here before - there has to be something better.
Many of my co-workers have headed south - sorry if that bothers some of the originals down there. But what would they do? Doesn't everyone have the right to live and work somewhere else? And why not places ( I've heard), that are beautiful,friendly,and that are more cost friendly.
I have heard from another staffing agency there in Asheville and the woman that I spoke to was fantastic - I already feel welcome and I'm not even there yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Charlotte, North Carolina

74 months ago

jamadd in Tampa, Florida said: Hi Jay

Thanks for your perspective. I'm sorry it sounds like you are regretting your move. What field are you in? Did you come to CLT with a job lined up or did you look once you got there? Do you have any regrets about the home you bought or the neighborhood? Is it close to where you/wife work?
Thanks and I hope things improve for you soon. Andy

I'm in the medical field(medical office administration), and I was looking for employment way before relocating here. So far I have had no luck, I'm employed now, but I'm not happy where I am. My husband transferred from his job in Maryland to Charlotte and he's paid very well. Thankfully, his pay didn't change.

The home that we purchased is lovely and so is the neighborhood. We don't have any complaints. If you have children, I advise you to research the schools first if you intend on putting your children in public schools. We researched the schools and then decided where we wanted to live within that district. So far so good. There is a website called Greatschools.net. It contains plenty of feedback about public, private and charter schools within Charlotte and other cities and states.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jason Kemelgor in Fort Mill, South Carolina

74 months ago

nina in Mesick, Michigan said: I want to pick up and move south,where is the best place to move to in North Carolina? no kids just pets...

Listen Go to www.MoveCaolinaHomes.com and take a look around. This area is wonderful and I Jason will be glad to spend some time with you to help you get a good feel for the lay of the land.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Shelby, North Carolina

74 months ago

Dean Suraci in Cornwall, New York said: I have been thinking lately like you also. The taxes and housing are unreal in NY. Not sure bout North Carolina though.

I used to live in Buffalo. Put my resume up online, got the employers to pay to fly me to interviews and picked Shelby, NC as my destination. I am a nurse so it wasn't too difficult, but my husband is an electrician and can't find a job that pays more than $12/hr.
So I am here alone with a great job and need some friends. I joined the UB group here and there are couple great places to hang out with other NY fans when the Sabres or Bills are playing !!

Good Luck...Sue

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Sue,
Sorry to say that because the cost of living is lower here than in New York, the salaries are often lower as well. Hope you find the trade off worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ISelltheCountry

73 months ago

Hello everyone! As a real estate agent in eastern NC (Rocky Mount, Wilson, Roanoke Rapids area)let me offer a little advice if you're thinking of moving to the Raleigh area. Housing is alot more expensive in Raleigh, but if you're willing to commute 30-45 minutes to your job, I can find you a beautiful country home in the Rocky Mount/Spring Hope/Bailey/Wilson area for alot less than it would cost to live in Raleigh. And with the new highway, you can get to Raleigh alot quicker. To view our listings, visit our website: www.stoneauctionandrealty.com. Email me if you looking for something in particular. Housing is so much more affordable here - you get alot more home for the money!
Thanks! Good luck to everyone - you are very welcome here in NC!!

Lisa Tippette, Real Estate Agent
United Country/Stone Auction and Realty
www.stoneauctionandrealty.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Bill Millner Jr in Matthews, North Carolina

71 months ago

nina in Mesick, Michigan said: I want to pick up and move south,where is the best place to move to in North Carolina? no kids just pets...

Move to the mountians of Brevard, North Carolina. It is a small town and beautiful country with 4 seasons.

Bill

jamadd in Tampa, Florida

71 months ago

I am still looking for public relations and marketing management opportunities in Charlotte. Having seen the unemployment rolls swell due to the economy, does anyone know of companies that might have an opportunity for those skills?

Thanks so much and Happy New Year

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

71 months ago

what if you had a kid and it died and you wanted to get a getaway. dont you think you will remeber about you child who is not wiith you.....a pet does not take the love for kids..! - GUILT TRIP ALERT!!!! - insignificant

I have heard from another staffing agency there in Asheville and the woman that I spoke to was fantastic - I already feel welcome and I'm not even there yet. - MARKETING

FOLKS: I don't think I heard one thing that was productive or inclined to give a productive result. The best way to make a move is to be single, no kids, no pets. Go to a website like www.roommates.com. Move in with someone who has an apartment (tell them in advance you are trying it out for six months). All you will need is an air mattress, sheets, etc. You have a place to live, electricity. You have an address for resumes. You have your cellphone. Then start job shopping. IT'S THAT SIMPLE. I am 50. I am a free spirited person. I keep things easy. Think of it as an adventure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

mmzip in Charlotte, North Carolina

71 months ago

I moved from the Ohio to Charlotte because of my husband's job although I am originally from NJ. I found Charlotte to be a comfortable place to live although it is slightly more expensive to live in Charlotte than in some of the surrounding areas. I work at one of the banks and the people I work with live in the northern part of Mecklenburg county or Cabarrus, Union or Gaston counties. I hear the Triangle is growing (Raleigh area). Charlotte and Raleigh are the two big cities that attract people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jairyy in london, United Kingdom

71 months ago

hi everyone, i am not at all sure where to move to in the US, have been looking at Charlotte but basically i need to know what kind of a salary would i need to be earning to support myself and family there? i need to take into account all of lifes basics;(obviously) electric&bills,rent,medical-insurance, (not sure how that works)groceries etc. infact, i need to know it all. what is considered a good/decent hourly pay rate ($$)?? im not highly qualified but i have some qualifications and some experience in office administration, and some other areas, so where do i start? im also worried about the extreme weather potential ie tornados etc..!sorry! we're not too accustomed to that here so id like somewhere pretty stable. if anyone could suggest anything to help i would appreciate it greatly. thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

spot on in Fort Mill, South Carolina

71 months ago

many of you people need to realize that Charlotte had a large influx of people that moved here when times were good. What it created was a job market that became very competitive (I don't care how overqualified you are, so is the guy or gal right next to you too). Now that the economy is in the pits and many people are out of work (yes, even in Charlotte) jobs are even more scarce.

Now if you are a nurse, or engineer you might have some luck but I would advise anyone else to obtain a job prior to moving here (and make sure it is a stable one). Or feel free to listen to the realtors on this site who are just waiting for you to move here so they can possibly sell you a home (there are plenty of those here that are now vacant).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

I don't really know how to answer your question about what is a decent rate per hour. It would depend on your occupation, your expectations, what the market allows, etc.
Another thing to consider is what do YOU consider to be needs vs. wants. Today, so many people want cell phones, cable, home internet access in addition to what they really need: basic shelter, transportation, food, healthcare. That's where your lifestyle philosophy comes into play. Charlotte is experiencing some decline in employment along with the rest of the country. Decide how much you need to accept employment. If you can get it, then go for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tamika Bryant in Spartanburg, South Carolina

71 months ago

HI I'M FROM NC I'VE BEEN HERE IN SC FOR 3 YEARS. BUT NC IS PRETTY COOL SOMETIMES I CONSIDER GOING BACK. THE BEST PLACE WOULD BE CHAROLETTE OR WILIMINGTON WOULDN'T CONSIDER RALEIGH DURHAM AREA THAT'S WHERE I'M FROM BASICALLY. BUT THE 2 CITIES LISTED ABOVE LOOK INTO THEY ARE PRETTY COOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jairyy in london, United Kingdom

71 months ago

Don in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I don't really know how to answer your question about what is a decent rate per hour. It would depend on your occupation, your expectations, what the market allows, etc.
Another thing to consider is what do YOU consider to be needs vs. wants. Today, so many people want cell phones, cable, home internet access in addition to what they really need: basic shelter, transportation, food, healthcare. That's where your lifestyle philosophy comes into play. Charlotte is experiencing some decline in employment along with the rest of the country. Decide how much you need to accept employment. If you can get it, then go for it.

thanks for the reply Don in Charlotte.i just wanted to be sure that whichever job i may have taken, covered my living expenses before i accepted it. i have no idea about the general cost of living out there. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dlh632 in Brighton, Michigan

71 months ago

Sue in Shelby, North Carolina said: I used to live in Buffalo. Put my resume up online, got the employers to pay to fly me to interviews and picked Shelby, NC as my destination. I am a nurse so it wasn't too difficult, but my husband is an electrician and can't find a job that pays more than $12/hr.
So I am here alone with a great job and need some friends. I joined the UB group here and there are couple great places to hang out with other NY fans when the Sabres or Bills are playing !!

Good Luck...Sue

Hi Sue,

I'm also a nurse (in Michigan) My husband and I are looking to relocate to NC as well. Do you have any recommendations for good hospitals to work at? I'm a PICU nurse.
Thanks!

Denise

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dpreston in Charlotte, North Carolina

71 months ago

Denise,

I highly recommend Charlotte for nursing jobs. CMC and Presby are going to be your best options for employment.

If you need further info on CHarlotte. Let me know how I can help.

Regards,
Dan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

dlh632 in Brighton, Michigan

71 months ago

dpreston in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Denise,

I highly recommend Charlotte for nursing jobs. CMC and Presby are going to be your best options for employment.

If you need further info on CHarlotte. Let me know how I can help.

Regards,
Dan

Thanks for the reply, Dan. Do you have any recommendations of smaller cities/towns to live in with good public schools outside of Charlotte, but within driving distance? My husband and I have been looking at Mooresville. We liked the small town atmosphere.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Shelby, North Carolina

71 months ago

I moved from the big city of Buffalo to the small city of Shelby. We are about 35 min from Charlotte. Cleveland Regional is a great place. If you'd like to come for a visit to the area, let me know and I would be glad to be your tourguide for a day or two. We do not have a PICU here. I am the director for Endoscopy if that interests you? Our OR director came to work here from Michigan also!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dpreston in Charlotte, North Carolina

71 months ago

Denise,

Do you need any other info from the area?

Regards,
Dan

jamadd in Tampa, Florida

71 months ago

I am looking at an opportunity in Marketing with the Red Cross in Charlotte. Anyone have a contact there? or perhaps suggest an entry point?
Thank you so much,
Andy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jamadd in Tampa, Florida

71 months ago

dpreston in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Andy,

There are 3 locations in Charlotte.

600 Forest Point Cir # A, Charlotte
3411 Saint Vardell Ln, Charlotte
2425 Park Rd, Charlotte

I unfortunately don't have a direct contact for them. I did call them and they are more than willing to help you through the process. If you need the numbers I can email them to you.

I hope this helped.

Regards,
Dan

Thanks Dan,

I appreciate your help. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Andy

Ernestine in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

70 months ago

I, too, have been wanting to relocate to Charlotte, NC. I am single, all my children are adults, and I am ready to began a new. But for financial reasons, I need to have a job in place in order to make the move. Being a homemaker for so long, my resume is a little sparce. However, I do posses customer service and clerical experience. Where are the part time clerical jobs in Charlotte?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wisdom in Charlotte, North Carolina

70 months ago

Dean Suraci in Cornwall, New York said: I have been thinking lately like you also. The taxes and housing are unreal in NY. Not sure bout North Carolina though.

I moved to Charlotte about a year ago from New York. I don't find the cost of living to be any more expensive than New York except for housing. I would suggest renting insteading of purchasing until you are sure you can adjust socially. There is a huge difference in the people and the lifestyle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.